Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #1696
CaffeinatedMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilverTherapist View Post

My wife was disappointed there was no purple as well.

As for me, I'm all about orange. The band will match my Chucks.
Tell your wife not to worry. I saw a Cover Band she can buy when she gets there that's purple. Boom - purple band. Of course it will cost you a little extra but then she'll have a fancy accessorized band. Happy wife, happy life.

CaffeinatedMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:58 PM   #1697
rmewife
Earning My Ears

Going to Pop Century 17-27 Sept. Did the online check in weeks ago and got the FP+ links about 3-4 days ago but no option to customize Magic Bands until today. I "re checked in" and after that, had the link to "personalize magic bands". YEAH!!! Super excited to try them out!
rmewife is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #1698
roselark
DIS Veteran

Sweet! The re-checkin trick worked for me too!

Is the FP+ for Illuminations only available certain nights? I was hoping to be able to get it while I am there, but it isn't coming up for me.
9/2006 Coronado Springs; 12/2007 WL; 11/2008 SSR; 5/2009 AKV; 10/2009 BWV; 5/2010 POP; 8/2010 POP; 1/2011 AKV; 5/2011 SSR; 8/2011 Disneyland D23 Expo; 9/2011 AKV; 4/2012 Disneyland Grand Californian; 9/2012 BWV; 1/2013 OKW; 6/2013 AKV 40th Birthday Trip; early 9/2013 BWV; late 9/2013 POP

Upcoming trips: early 9/2014 BWV(?) next pin event; late 9/2014 AKV Grandma's 90th Birthday trip
roselark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #1699
WeddingPrincess
Earning My Ears

For all those that have been able to customize magicbands, were you able to select your pin during the customization process?

I have a friend that customized bands but nothing came up about the pin, just wondering if that is the norm.

Who got the most pixie dust ever on their honeymoon???? We did!!!
We were chosen as the "opening family" for MK rope drop, DHS rope drop and they let us in at Epcot to ride Soarin' (twice!) all by ourselves before the park opened! .. ..
-
Too many trips to count, last trip 9-2012, next trip 9-2013!
WeddingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:06 PM   #1700
Tarheel girl 1975
Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeddingPrincess View Post
For all those that have been able to customize magicbands, were you able to select your pin during the customization process?

I have a friend that customized bands but nothing came up about the pin, just wondering if that is the norm.
I was asked to select a pin for all of the adults in my party during online check-in.
Previous Trips: 1990 Disneyland Hotel, 1991 Magic Music Days, 1996 Magic Music Days, Oct 2008 POP, May 2009 Poly, Sept. 2009 BWI, January 2011 CBR, Sept/Oct 2012 POR, Sept/Oct 2013 Beach Club Upcoming Trips: Sept/Oct 2014 POFQ and YC
Tarheel girl 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #1701
PixieMamaAma
Been to WDW 8 times since 1982 and going #9 in 2012

Yep-selected a pin for both adults in our party.

1982-1987-offsite condo
PixieMamaAma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #1702
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeddingPrincess View Post

I don't remember! I don't think so.

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop,Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop, Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop, Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop! Read our PTR HERE
stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #1703
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel girl 1975 View Post
I was asked to select a pin for all of the adults in my party during online check-in.
That's when I did it also.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:22 PM   #1704
mrsmomo
DIS Veteran

That's when I did it, online checkin, but now I can't remember what it is! If I still don't remember when i get there do you think I can change it @ the front desk?

Me DH DD DS
mrsmomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #1705
dkdkdunaways
Earning My Ears

FINALLY able to customize bands!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
dkdkdunaways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #1706
Lurch
Earning My Ears

FP+ Stinks IMHO

I am so sick about this whole FP+ fiasco. Unfortunately my first trip to Disney and I picked the "wrong" resort to visit (Boardwalk in September). It seems from some of the posts like SB lines are crazy long due to all the people quadruple dipping with FP+ glitches. I hate the idea of being a 2nd tier guest and not having the same access to attractions that others will have even though I paid the same or probably more. People gloating about gaming the system and causing the unwashed masses to wait even longer while they ride an attraction 5x in a row should be ashamed of how selfish they are and the lessons they are teaching their children.

Between this and the GAC abuse, I am betting my wife and I will be the only people waiting in SB lines. Not feeling the magic and would be booking another trip were it not for the sunk costs of this one. If I could get refunds for the 10 day park hopper tickets, tours, and prepaid meals like the Hoop De Doo, I would cancel and take another cruise. While the mouse is making me feel like a 2nd class citizen, Royal Caribbean has always treated me like gold no matter how much I paid for my cabin or where it was located.

Sad thing is I was so looking forward to this long planned trip now I am just annoyed and feeling like I am being taken advantage of.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #1707
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
I am so sick about this whole FP+ fiasco. Unfortunately my first trip to Disney and I picked the "wrong" resort to visit (Boardwalk in September). It seems from some of the posts like SB lines are crazy long due to all the people quadruple dipping with FP+ glitches. I hate the idea of being a 2nd tier guest and not having the same access to attractions that others will have even though I paid the same or probably more. People gloating about gaming the system and causing the unwashed masses to wait even longer while they ride an attraction 5x in a row should be ashamed of how selfish they are and the lessons they are teaching their children.

Between this and the GAC abuse, I am betting my wife and I will be the only people waiting in SB lines. Not feeling the magic and would be booking another trip were it not for the sunk costs of this one. If I could get refunds for the 10 day park hopper tickets, tours, and prepaid meals like the Hoop De Doo, I would cancel and take another cruise. While the mouse is making me feel like a 2nd class citizen, Royal Caribbean has always treated me like gold no matter how much I paid for my cabin or where it was located.

Sad thing is I was so looking forward to this long planned trip now I am just annoyed and feeling like I am being taken advantage of.

If it makes you feel any better if I'm invited to test I'm not going to double dip! I wanna experience fp+ for what it supposed to be!

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop,Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop, Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop, Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop! Read our PTR HERE
stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #1708
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You won't be alone) we aren't at a testing resort either. We were there in January and some lines were crazy as they were testing fast pass- hoping its not like that this time.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #1709
brios86
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Sounds like a win to me!
brios86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:55 PM   #1710
5 for WDW
DIS Veteran

We just came home to a Fed Ex envelope on our front porch with a FP+ invite in it from Disney Destinations!! Kids are thrilled!! About to go customize now. We are at AofA Sept 3-9th!

22 trips since 1996 (Dixie Landings, POFQ,POR, CBR, AS Movies, POP, SSR, BWV, OKW, A of A)

Next up: Dec. 13-17th! Happy 40th to Me!!
5 for WDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: