Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #151
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflmaster View Post

I know about the small test Disney did in July.

I am saying that it is really like a tease when Disney picks mostly hotels that have DVC wings, but doesn't allow DVC people in with those testing. Disney treats the DVC people like they know your going to come and spend our money anyway so why try.

I can see right now that some DVC visitors at the contemporary and animal kingdom are probably wondering how to get the bands since guest staying at those hotels are allowed to have them. The kiosks are probably all over and some of the DVC children want to buy some of the cool things they see.

Hey we all have to tell our kids they can't buy things they want, but to me Disney should have chosen hotels that didn't seem to segment its guests for some to be part of the test and others staying (paying the same if not much higher room rates) are not.
The kiosks are not all over. LOL

I stayed at AKL as part of the testing and never saw anything related to MBs the whole time. In fact, I haven't seen anything anywhere for sale that are for MBs.

I have not walked into the Cont. to see the store there but if your children want jibbitz for the bands, buy them. I'm pretty sure they would be just as interested in them as they would be interested in the bling for iPhones.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:08 PM   #152
jweber23
Earning My Ears

Quick question. When I hit the fast pass + selection on mde the following message comes up. "The selected date must be within one party members fast pass + selection window". We are going September 23-30. This message has never popped up till today. Any indication this may mean fast pass + in my future? wishful thinking. ...
jweber23 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #153
Marblies
DIS Veteran

I have also had that window popping up occasionally for the past few days. The calendar days shadowed in the background are for August. It may just be a glitch, but also gives my hope that something is in the works.

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #154
Simba77
DIS Veteran

I'm not arriving until the last week of Sept. For me, when I click on a link to make FP+ selections, the MDW website will waffle between showing me one of two things: 1) the pop-up explaining that MyMagic is coming; 2) the FP+ selection page.

It seems to be slightly random which will happen based on what page I'm on within the MDE website.

When 2) happens, I see dates, but a pop up says "We're Sorry!
The selected date must be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window."

It's been doing this for a while now.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #155
Marblies
DIS Veteran

This is happening to others as well. For me it happens when I first open FP+ from the drop down menu. It happens each time I go to the site, but only the first time I click there. Then the site seems to correct itself. A glitch?

One of these days it is going to open a calendar with my dates on it and I am ready to choose my FPs.

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #156
WeddingPrincess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba77 View Post
I'm not arriving until the last week of Sept. For me, when I click on a link to make FP+ selections, the MDW website will waffle between showing me one of two things: 1) the pop-up explaining that MyMagic is coming; 2) the FP+ selection page.

It seems to be slightly random which will happen based on what page I'm on within the MDE website.

When 2) happens, I see dates, but a pop up says "We're Sorry!
The selected date must be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window."

It's been doing this for a while now.
I've been seeing the same thing until a few days ago. Also, after I clicked FP+ link, it would make me login, then I would see the calendar and the "We're Sorry" message. When I click ok on the message, it was making me login again. At least that was happening until the other day when after making my usual clicks to look for magic band/fp+ I was prompted to take a survey. It was mainly about MDE and when I got a question about technical difficulties, I went into great detail about having to login twice within 2 minutes. I have to give kudos to the IT department, because it was fixed the NEXT day. Maybe coincidence but it hasn't happened since.

I'm still hoping to see the right dates display soon!!

Who got the most pixie dust ever on their honeymoon???? We did!!!
We were chosen as the "opening family" for MK rope drop, DHS rope drop and they let us in at Epcot to ride Soarin' (twice!) all by ourselves before the park opened! .. ..
-
Too many trips to count, last trip 9-2012, next trip 9-2013!
WeddingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #157
mrsmomo
DIS Veteran

If my ressie info is already on the website do i need to link it again? It gives me the POP up that says fastpass is coming link ur stuff etc, does this me I need to link it again so it registers?

Me DH DD DS
mrsmomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #158
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmomo View Post
If my ressie info is already on the website do i need to link it again? It gives me the POP up that says fastpass is coming link ur stuff etc, does this me I need to link it again so it registers?
no it's just a general msg. if you would try to link it again it will come up saying already linked to account.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #159
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!

Not to get anyones hopes up, but I got this when I tried to play with plus. It is the same error message everyone else is getting, but we arrive Sept 13th to BC and do have dinner at Yacht our first night and we do (I just noticed ) actually have three dinners at GF. Maybe plus is coming for us?

Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Raenstoirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #160
nuzmom
a real Robinhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenstoirm View Post
Not to get anyones hopes up, but I got this when I tried to play with plus. It is the same error message everyone else is getting, but we arrive Sept 13th to BC and do have dinner at Yacht our first night and we do (I just noticed ) actually have three dinners at GF. Maybe plus is coming for us?

I've gotten the same thing, I'm not sure it means anything at all.
My dates are Aug 31 - Sept 14, AKL

Upcoming: AKV, Dec '14
Past: AKV - Aug/Sept '13, OKW - Dec '12, AKV - Sept '11, SSR/AKV - Dec '10, AKV/BLT - Sept 09, SSR - Oct 08, SSR - Dec 07, POR, DCL, BWV - Aug/Sept 06, SSR - Dec 05, BWV - Sept 05, OKW - Dec 04, FWCabins - Sept 04 (became DVC member), FWCabins - Sept 99, Contemporary - June 89, Offsite - May 84, Contemporary - Dec 82, DL - 78
nuzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #161
cart-mom
Busy Scout Mom

I saw that message too. Think it was just a glitch.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #162
jl234
Earning My Ears

We are staying at the Poly next month - any news on expanding the test to include it? One can hope!
jl234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #163
mdlisenbery
Earning My Ears

September 4-10

28 Days out and nothing yet. Nothing at day 29 and nothing at day 30.

Will keep everyone updated.
mdlisenbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #164
WeddingPrincess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenstoirm View Post

]
That is interesting. I just tried it and I still see today's date and the rest of the week. We are staying at ASMo.

Who got the most pixie dust ever on their honeymoon???? We did!!!
We were chosen as the "opening family" for MK rope drop, DHS rope drop and they let us in at Epcot to ride Soarin' (twice!) all by ourselves before the park opened! .. ..
-
Too many trips to count, last trip 9-2012, next trip 9-2013!
WeddingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #165
omurice
Mouseketeer

I got the SORRY error too... but I get a Donald Duck "SERVER BUSY" every other ADR that I make on the website too, so...
omurice is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: