Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #1501
MinnieMeggy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jditmer View Post

They dont even ship to Canada. You will pick them up at your resort.
that will be a week into my holiday then, wanted to use them the first week I was there but in the parks.
Well, that sucks.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #1502
OtherFigment
Mouseketeer

Has anyone had luck book FP+ for BOG on 9/28? It keeps telling me there is no availability, but that's our MK day and I really don't want to rearrange all our plans at this point!

OtherFigment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #1503
fflmaster
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflmaster View Post
Just for anyone looking at doing 'ghost' reservations.

You will have to keep the reservation and pay for the day your not using the hotel.

I wanted to see what would happen as I have a 'ghost' reservation for the day before our stay and removed two people from the reservation to see if their FP+ options would stay. NOPE!

As soon as I removed the two people their option for FP+ was removed immediately and all FP+ options they currently have were cancelled.

So it does seem that the MB and FP+ is linked to your room reservation and NOT linked to your ticket as expected by others.
Just to update my original post.

I find the system is really not sure what to do with cancelled reservations with FP+ ALREADY SELECTED.

I originally lost my FP+ options and the ability to add new ones, however, if I click into my individual day I still see the FP+ options I picked still listed and can update them to change rides or times. I CAN NOT select the option "Select and Replace" or the "Copy" section.

So it seems you could possibly still have the FP+ for the park selected and could make changes to those in that park only. You just don't have access to change parks with a new selection of FP+.

Old 08-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #1504
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkat35 View Post
Just called and spoke with a CM about adding one night RO at POP before we check into POFQ 9/20-29. I was told that RO reservations will not be offered Magic Bands or FP+ because these options are not available without a package that includes park passes. I specifically asked about if the RO ressie was linked to my package ressie- does this make it all one big package? The answer was- no it does not. The RO will have a separate ressie number and be considered a separate ressie all together. He insisted that those with RO ressies are not able to customize/order MB.

Has anyone sucessfully customized MB with a RO ressie?

Do we know if all FP+ will be cancelled if the RO ressie is cancelled?

Thanks!
I have a room only and was able to order magic bands. I haven't been able to book FP's. The IT department is trying to link my premier passports to my reservations. They said they would call me when they figure it out.

Ofinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #1505
brios86
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofinn View Post

I have a room only and was able to order magic bands. I haven't been able to book FP's. The IT department is trying to link my premier passports to my reservations. They said they would call me when they figure it out.
I have a RO for one night at POP and already received my magic bands. I don't know how it will work after I check out of POP but I have the magic bands.
brios86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #1506
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Oh man, I just realized that it is Friday and UPS doesn't deliver on the weekend, so no MB until Monday.

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #1507
jess1662
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Just to update my original post.

I find the system is really not sure what to do with cancelled reservations with FP+ ALREADY SELECTED.

I originally lost my FP+ options and the ability to add new ones, however, if I click into my individual day I still see the FP+ options I picked still listed and can update them to change rides or times. I CAN NOT select the option "Select and Replace" or the "Copy" section.

So it seems you could possibly still have the FP+ for the park selected and could make changes to those in that park only. You just don't have access to change parks with a new selection of FP+.
So this is for the people you dropped from the reservation? Did you add them back in order to access this? Or are they still cancelled?
jess1662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #1508
JenLaf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilasmom View Post
What do you mean modify? How are you doing online check in so early? On MDE? Thanks
Yes, I did online check in on MDE about a week ago - we were less than 50 days out at that point. It might have allowed us to do online check-in slightly before that point, but I only noticed it last week.

May 2009 - POFQ

JenLaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #1509
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

Just customized our MB for YC September 17-22. CM said they should arrive on Monday or Tuesday.

HockeyMomR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #1510
fflmaster
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1662 View Post
So this is for the people you dropped from the reservation? Did you add them back in order to access this? Or are they still cancelled?
The two left off the reservation CANNOT use the two options I stated above. I CAN'T copy my reservations to them nor can I select any other resort they didn't already have a FP+ selected in.

I CAN change times and rides for both of them for the park selected originally. I just can't change parks or select the replace FP+ option.

Old 08-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #1511
jess1662
Mouseketeer

Quote:

The two left off the reservation CANNOT use the two options I stated above. I CAN'T copy my reservations to them nor can I select any other resort they didn't already have a FP+ selected in.

I CAN change times and rides for both of them for the park selected originally. I just can't change parks or select the replace FP+ option.
So they still have their fast passes listed, but you are limited in your ability to change them?
jess1662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #1512
hailbug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomR View Post
Just customized our MB for YC September 17-22. CM said they should arrive on Monday or Tuesday.
Same here! We will be at YC Sept. 15-21
Old 08-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #1513
brockash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkat35 View Post
Just called and spoke with a CM about adding one night RO at POP before we check into POFQ 9/20-29. I was told that RO reservations will not be offered Magic Bands or FP+ because these options are not available without a package that includes park passes. I specifically asked about if the RO ressie was linked to my package ressie- does this make it all one big package? The answer was- no it does not. The RO will have a separate ressie number and be considered a separate ressie all together. He insisted that those with RO ressies are not able to customize/order MB.

Has anyone sucessfully customized MB with a RO ressie?

Do we know if all FP+ will be cancelled if the RO ressie is cancelled?

Thanks!

Yes, we have a package booked through ASMo's in Sept. A few days ago I made a RO reservation for the night before our ASMo's package starts at Pop, and as soon as I did that, I was able to make fastpass+ selections and customize our magic bands. We have 2 different parties/rooms and yesterday I received our magic bands and this morning I received the other parties (I just had them ship it to me, as the other ppl. probably have no idea what a magic band is right now lol).

Obviously, since I haven't been there yet or tried it, I don't know for sure what'll happen after our RO reservation is over, but I really just don't see how it would cancel our fastpasses etc.

I don't have any tix booked with the RO reservation at Pop, but as soon as I booked it, the system had already linked our ASMo's package with tix to the magic band, which is how we were able to make fastpass+ selections. The magic band/fastpass+ will only allow you to make fastpass+ selections for the amount of days your package has tix for.

It just doesn't make any sense that Disney would disable the magic band (which I'm pretty sure you can enable yourself) when the whole point of the magic bands is for ppl. to use them on multiple trips.

I know there was a pp who stated they had to get 2 separate sets of magic bands for their split stay, but perhaps that was in the early testing??

I just don't know why it would allow me to make fastpass+ selections when I don't have any tix associated with my RO reservation, if in fact it's all separate. I guess we'll find out, but my gut feeling is that we'll still be able to use it (honestly, I think those who make "ghost" RO reservations and then cancel them will also be able to use it) without any issues. It seems that once you physically have the magic band, you're set...supposedly you don't even have to technically check-in to your resort on your arrival day before heading to a park, as long as you have the magic band.

There have also been multiple reports of ppl. calling WDW and the CM's stating that they will be able to use the magic bands and fastpass+ selections after they check out of the testing resort etc.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #1514
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailbug View Post
Same here! We will be at YC Sept. 15-21
Many reasons to love Y&BC. AND we also get to test FP+ and MBs

HockeyMomR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #1515
fflmaster
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1662 View Post
So they still have their fast passes listed, but you are limited in your ability to change them?
yes, I am limited with picking new FP+ option but can see them still listed for both people I removed from my reservation.

I have no idea if their MB would work at all. But I still see FP+ option listed that I originally selected for them when I click the itinerary calendar.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: