Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #136
gingerfeathers
Mouseketeer

I just had a mini-freak out... we're arriving at WL on Sept. 7, and on MDE somehow my mother ended up with two of the sets of park tickets, and my husband had none. I wasn't really concerned until I saw in this thread that there's a chance of MM+ being tested in September! So... yeah, I picked up the phone pretty quick!

Anyway, (shocker) it was a glitch on Disney's side. So they're fixing it for me so my husband can have his tickets. However, she did mention that she hasn't yet heard of any testing for the week we will be there. I know that doesn't mean much since it always seems things like this vary from CM to CM, but still interesting to hear that. I will say that MDE looks very different now from how it did a few weeks ago! Seems like the integration is gathering steam.

9/08 - Honeymoon at the Poly and on the Disney Wonder, 9/09 - Anniversary trip to the POFQ, 9/11 - Wilderness Lodge, 9/13 - Back to Wilderness Lodge!

Me (29) and DH (39)
Our furkids
gingerfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #137
nuzmom
a real Robinhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuzmom View Post
How many days out are testers being able to customize their bands and make FP+ reservations?
We're staying at AKL Jambo - Aug 31 and AKL Kidani Sept 1-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Log onto MDE and see if it prompts you to do anything for the Jambo portion of your stay.
Thanks - I logged in and just get the standard, "Are you ready for a new kind of magic?". I guess we're not picked.

Upcoming: AKV, Dec '14
Past: AKV - Aug/Sept '13, OKW - Dec '12, AKV - Sept '11, SSR/AKV - Dec '10, AKV/BLT - Sept 09, SSR - Oct 08, SSR - Dec 07, POR, DCL, BWV - Aug/Sept 06, SSR - Dec 05, BWV - Sept 05, OKW - Dec 04, FWCabins - Sept 04 (became DVC member), FWCabins - Sept 99, Contemporary - June 89, Offsite - May 84, Contemporary - Dec 82, DL - 78
nuzmom is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #138
Marblies
DIS Veteran

As one anxiously awaiting, I am beginning to feel like one of the LGM in the claw machine. OOOOO AAAAAAAH will I be chosen next?

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #139
snausman
Mouseketeer

Tomorrow we hit the 30 day mark. We are staying at the CR. So I can't wait to see if maybe, by any chance, there might be something in my email box. I know I am dreaming but it is still exciting.

Laura
***Aug. 29 - Sept. 2, 2014 Port Orleans French Quarters***Sept. 12 - 21, 2014 Contemporary Club Level***Oct. 23 - 29, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Dec. 10 - 15, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Jan. 15 - 19th 2015 Disneyland Hotel Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend***Feb. 18 - 24th 2015 Contemporary Resort Princess Half Marathon Weekend***

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
snausman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #140
mrsmomo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblies
As one anxiously awaiting, I am beginning to feel like one of the LGM in the claw machine. OOOOO AAAAAAAH will I be chosen next?
Exactly!

Me DH DD DS
mrsmomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #141
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblies View Post
LMAO That is so funny! I really feel the same way!

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:12 AM   #142
WeddingPrincess
Earning My Ears

Talking Testing continuing in September!

Hello fellow September travelers! I posted this info over on one of the "main" fp+ threads but thought I would post it here too since it could affect us the most and I wanted to make sure you all saw it!

A friend sent me this link asking about magic bands. The link is to a photo of magic bands posted by a Disney travel agent. In the comments of the photo, the TA says since August 1st they have been receiving bands for guests arriving in September that have been chosen to test. So far they’ve had clients staying at Pop, Contemporary, WL and CSR and CBR.

I don't want to get too excited because we might be at a resort where they haven't rolled out magic bands yet but it looks like they are expanding the resorts in September. I think it would be really fun to test and if we run into any issues we will just opt out and use KTTW.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

(BTW, I don't know this agent just wanted everyone to be able to read the comments on the photo for themselves so if I need to remove the link please let me know.)

Who got the most pixie dust ever on their honeymoon???? We did!!!
We were chosen as the "opening family" for MK rope drop, DHS rope drop and they let us in at Epcot to ride Soarin' (twice!) all by ourselves before the park opened! .. ..
-
Too many trips to count, last trip 9-2012, next trip 9-2013!
WeddingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #143
glammadiva
DIS Veteran

I'm an August tester. I am going back in September and staying at WL. I just checked and I can pull FP+ for September.
glammadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:48 AM   #144
Team Bunch
Mouseketeer

I am going 8/28-9/4 and just got invite yesterday.
Team Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:52 AM   #145
fflmaster
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Really bad if Disney doesn't include BLT in these tests.

My little ones are going to be walking around contempory asking all about how they can get the magic bands since the accessories will be every where.

Common Disney us DVC members spend a TON more yearly then your average go every few years person. Get us included in the program.

It is like Disney is teasing us if now WL is included. As contemporary, AKL and WL all have DVC wings.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #146
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflmaster View Post
Really bad if Disney doesn't include BLT in these tests.

My little ones are going to be walking around contempory asking all about how they can get the magic bands since the accessories will be every where.

Common Disney us DVC members spend a TON more yearly then your average go every few years person. Get us included in the program.

It is like Disney is teasing us if now WL is included. As contemporary, AKL and WL all have DVC wings.
BLT was just testing, you missed it. Go to the DVC boards and read the thread about someone's experience.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #147
DisneyMarv
Mouseketeer

i guess at this point i probably won't be testing the magic bands at the contemporary since i'm 37 days out with no notification of testing them.....
“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

DisneyMarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #148
fflmaster
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMarv View Post
i guess at this point i probably won't be testing the magic bands at the contemporary since i'm 37 days out with no notification of testing them.....
I don't know about that for sure.

If I remember when this big August test was starting it wasn't until the middle of July before Disney started letting people know.

Then at the 17 day window seems to be when they send out the email inviting you to be in.

I would guess that IF september has another test we will know for sure within the next two weeks.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #149
fflmaster
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
BLT was just testing, you missed it. Go to the DVC boards and read the thread about someone's experience.
I know about the small test Disney did in July.

I am saying that it is really like a tease when Disney picks mostly hotels that have DVC wings, but doesn't allow DVC people in with those testing. Disney treats the DVC people like they know your going to come and spend our money anyway so why try.

I can see right now that some DVC visitors at the contemporary and animal kingdom are probably wondering how to get the bands since guest staying at those hotels are allowed to have them. The kiosks are probably all over and some of the DVC children want to buy some of the cool things they see.

Hey we all have to tell our kids they can't buy things they want, but to me Disney should have chosen hotels that didn't seem to segment its guests for some to be part of the test and others staying (paying the same if not much higher room rates) are not.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #150
Mariannekay
Now, think of the happiest things. It's the same as having wings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeddingPrincess View Post
Hello fellow September travelers! I posted this info over on one of the "main" fp+ threads but thought I would post it here too since it could affect us the most and I wanted to make sure you all saw it!

A friend sent me this link asking about magic bands. The link is to a photo of magic bands posted by a Disney travel agent. In the comments of the photo, the TA says since August 1st they have been receiving bands for guests arriving in September that have been chosen to test. So far they’ve had clients staying at Pop, Contemporary, WL and CSR and CBR.

I don't want to get too excited because we might be at a resort where they haven't rolled out magic bands yet but it looks like they are expanding the resorts in September. I think it would be really fun to test and if we run into any issues we will just opt out and use KTTW.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

(BTW, I don't know this agent just wanted everyone to be able to read the comments on the photo for themselves so if I need to remove the link please let me know.)
This is really making me crazy! I haven't been this stressed over a vacation detail since waiting for dessert party adrs to open up! LOL! Fingers crossed...emails checked hourly...arriving September 4...staying at CSR...really really would love to be a tester! Come on Disney, don't let me down!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: