Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
plumeriainseattle
Mouseketeer

Theater tours?

My 17yr old daughter is a theater person. Both onstage (acting, singing, dancing ) and off (directing, light design, stage crew). Does anyone know if they DREAM offers any type of backstage tour, similar to the kitchen/galley tours you can sign up for? I haven't been able to find anything. I am willing to pay for this, since not only will my daughter be thrilled, but, she can get school credit for it too!
plumeriainseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

They haven't offered this in a few years. When they did, it was for adults 18+.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August
Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2013, 10:11 PM   #3
bfaber
Earning My Ears

I was looking at a Navigator from the June 13 Fantasy and it had a theater tour for teens. My daughter is also very interested in that and hoping it is offerred on our October cruise.
bfaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:49 PM   #4
disneylove69
DIS Veteran

I was on magic or wonder few years back and they had theatre tour which consisted of walking on stage, being told a things about the stage and touching costumes. Had to be 18+. Was part of the adult enrichment.

disneylove69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:22 AM   #5
GAKoch
Mouseketeer

We were on the June 13 Fantasy and they did this as a Vibe activity. One of the show cast members came and talked to them about life in the theater on the cruise and took them around the theater. My theater teens loved it. I don't know if this is done every cruise or not.

GA
GAKoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #6
Chris Herbert
Earning My Ears

Theatre Tour

My son was 17 in 2009, preparing to study Musical Theatre in the fall. We asked at Guest Services if he could meet with the cast and maybe tour the back stage area. They set it up for him within a day. He met with the cast members, saw everything backstage, costumes, scenery, how they made it all work. He had an amazing time and we were thrilled that they took the time to do that for him. He just graduated in May with a Bachelor Degree in Music with a major in Musical Theatre......
Old 07-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
plumeriainseattle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Herbert
My son was 17 in 2009, preparing to study Musical Theatre in the fall. We asked at Guest Services if he could meet with the cast and maybe tour the back stage area. They set it up for him within a day. He met with the cast members, saw everything backstage, costumes, scenery, how they made it all work. He had an amazing time and we were thrilled that they took the time to do that for him. He just graduated in May with a Bachelor Degree in Music with a major in Musical Theatre......
This is great to know and exactly the thing my daughter would love. (And is going to study musical theatre as well.)

I wonder If there is a way to preplan it prior to the cruise.
plumeriainseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #8
over50visits
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Herbert View Post
Just goes to show it never hurts to ask. Depending on the phase of the moon and the amount of pixie dust in the air, you never know what will happen on the ship.

On one of our cruises Palo was full for brunch, and we were talking with our server feeling sad about that. Well, the next day at CC the manager of Palo found us and invited us to brunch the next day! We were speechless...
over50visits is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: