Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #1
MollysWorld
Earning My Ears

Boardwalk Inn HELP

Hey...in process of planning a Anniversary Trip to WDW for Food and Wine Festival in Oct., 2014. Have never stayed at BWI, stayed at GF for Honeymoon. Finally decided that being able to walk to and from Epcot was the way to go. We would like to stay on Club level, but need some guidance. Best rooms to requests? Best view(Boardwalk or Epcot?). Do the rooms have king beds? Balconys?

Want to make sure we get the perfect room for us, just not very familiar with the Boardwalk area. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.
MollysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollysWorld View Post
Hey...in process of planning a Anniversary Trip to WDW for Food and Wine Festival in Oct., 2014. Have never stayed at BWI, stayed at GF for Honeymoon. Finally decided that being able to walk to and from Epcot was the way to go. We would like to stay on Club level, but need some guidance. Best rooms to requests? Best view(Boardwalk or Epcot?). Do the rooms have king beds? Balconys?

Want to make sure we get the perfect room for us, just not very familiar with the Boardwalk area. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.
You should have a balcony, yes. We requested garden view (and had a view of the Eiffel Tower, which was really great) but afterwards wished we had requested a water view. I had read that they could be very loud, but I think it would have made for a much more interesting view.

WDW: Wilderness Lodge 2011 | Caribbean Beach, Boardwalk Inn CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 | Polynesian CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge CL 2013

DLR: Candy Cane Inn 2013 | Candy Cane Inn, Grand Californian 2014
mirage0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2013, 07:45 AM   #3
MollysWorld
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for the info. I had read some comments about noise with the water view rooms, just not sure how bad it would be. Do the club level rooms, other than water view, all have Epcot views? Were the fireworks visible?
Old 07-29-2013, 08:22 AM   #4
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks so much for the info. I had read some comments about noise with the water view rooms, just not sure how bad it would be. Do the club level rooms, other than water view, all have Epcot views? Were the fireworks visible?
We've stayed with a Boardwalk view in the villas part of the building and didn't find the noise to be too troublesome. I think the only Inn rooms that can see any of the fireworks are the ones next to the lobby. But the thing with Illuminations is that you can't see much of the show from outside the park anyway. Only the fireworks high in the sky are visible. It's not like the MK views from CR/GF/Poly where you can see the whole show.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:51 AM   #5
Judyfun
Mouseketeer

I have stayed (and plan to do again this October) Club level Boardwalk view, and with the door shut, we heard nothing. We were the room over the Bakery and I must say we LOVED it. Watching the people and sleeping with the curtains open, looking out at the Beach and Yatch Clubs

Judy

82 days until BW CL
BC CL June 2013
AKL March 2013
Cont Dec 2012
BW CL Nov 2012
GC (DisneyLand) June 2012
Judyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #6
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
We've stayed with a Boardwalk view in the villas part of the building and didn't find the noise to be too troublesome. I think the only Inn rooms that can see any of the fireworks are the ones next to the lobby. But the thing with Illuminations is that you can't see much of the show from outside the park anyway. Only the fireworks high in the sky are visible. It's not like the MK views from CR/GF/Poly where you can see the whole show.
Yup. Although we did watch some of the show from the lounge balcony and even though we couldn't see the entire thing, it was still pretty cool.

WDW: Wilderness Lodge 2011 | Caribbean Beach, Boardwalk Inn CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 | Polynesian CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge CL 2013

DLR: Candy Cane Inn 2013 | Candy Cane Inn, Grand Californian 2014
mirage0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #7
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I stayed club level boardwalk view last year for Food & Wine. Our room was close to the ESPN club. With the balcony doors open it was noisy but we didn't hear anything with them closed.

We loved spending time on that balcony. And although I've done 2 stays at GF RPC, I thought the Innkeepers Club at BWI was a better overall stay.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #8
tiger4me2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Club level have water view (boardwalk view) and garden views. If you get a garden view ask for an even number room, close to the lounge. And yes you can see World Showcase. And fire works. All rooms are same price in club level except for the suites & deluxe rooms (all water view)

Some like the boardwalk view (water view) but I didn't like the noise but that is me.

MHO
tiger4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #9
thisismyusername
DIS Veteran

We stayed in the deluxe club room in June and had a boardwalk view (the deluxe CL rooms are over Seashore Sweets). We loved the boardwalk view, and didn't find it to be noisy at all. We actually had a better view of Wishes than Illuminations (which you can see over the YC/BC)--I don't know if it's visible from all the CL rooms, but considering the CL rooms were higher than we were (we were on the 3rd floor), I would expect that your view would be just as good, if not better.

The garden views would be just as nice, however. The garden area is very quiet and serene and beautiful--in fact, the lounge overlooks the garden rather than the Boardwalk.

I think I would choose based upon how much privacy you want when you're on your balcony.
thisismyusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:26 AM   #10
MollysWorld
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for all the good information. As I said, have never stayed at Boardwalk, so this is all very helpful. We have never stayed club level either, so nice to hear that the Innskeeper Level at BWI is nice.

I have to check with the wife. My first instinct was the water view, but, just from reading here, seems like you can't go wrong with either view. Maybe gives us a few more options. I need to look closer at the map to get better oriented as to where the Club Level rooms are located.

Judy and Pakey, your trips sound like the one we want to make in Oct. 2014. Wish it was this year, actually!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: