Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #91
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Sold...Seriously, sold our house. Showed it two times and got two offers.
I don't know whether to or .
Actually I shift back and forth between the two minute by minute.
To sum it up we have 45-55 days to closing, no where to live, no concrete plans and absolutely no idea what we are going to do...
I keep telling myself it's a good stress.

Hi I'm Rose.
Almost 46, married, one DS in grad school 500 miles away. Been fighting the weight all my life--even when I wasn't, if that makes sense. Started BL/Wish threads in 2010. Lost 50 pounds. Ran some races. Got sick. Stopped eating gluten. Gained an acceptable amount back--and then just got in a slump this spring. I am up about 20 from my lowest, and about 10 from where I feel best.

That sums it up.

For all the new folks, you get out of this what you put into it. I did the work but the support I have received here has been awesome.

I plan to be back tomorrow with replies. I am giving myself tonight to freak out and then tomorrow it's time to get organized and start cleaning up and packing stuff. We have been in this house for 20 years--it's going to take a little while to get organized.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #92
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

WOOHOO!! Congrats Rose!

Now what is the plan? Buy and RV and travel the country?? Get a job at Disneyworld and live the dream?

Come see me and talk me off the running ledge? LOL

Be aggressive with the sorting and packing. Don't pay to move anything you don't want to keep.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2013, 10:04 PM   #93
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Congrats!!

Great news selling your house! And that's half the stress gone too!

==================

Had a great day today out in the yard. Got the front yard all weeded and prepped for new bark! Was totally drenched with sweat when I was done but it looks great! Then found out I have jury duty in the morning (we call every night for the next day here) so another night off work! With my reg schedule and jury duty, I will have had 3 weeks off work before I return next week!! Been a great vacation, if unexpected, and even jury duty is fun doing something different for a change! I haven't been picked for any cases yet, been on 2 selection panels, but the defendant took a plea before we had to hear anything so we were dismissed. I am on for the rest of the week so who knows if I will get to hear a trial before I am done with duty.

Hope you all are having a great day!

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:15 AM   #94
leeandstacismom
Mouseketeer

yet another new beginning :)

Hello all. My name is Jen, but you guys can just refer to me as lee since that is what most see with my screen name. It also reveals me to be a mom of two amazingly awesome kids. My son who is going to be 18 next month, despite me telling him it was not allowed, and my daughter who turned 4 last week. That was also done without my permission. I tried to be active on here once, and life just got in the way. I work full time (registered nurse), mom full time, and am in graduate school mostly full time. Not a lot of time left over. Anyway at kid's physicals last week doctor told me daughter might have heart issue (I think not) and son could be pre-diabetic (probably right) so I decided going to have to be heart healthy and diabetic healthy so that they don't have issues into their adulthood. Got to lead by example right So here I am trying to refocus on being healthy. We are off to a great start at my house. Son's eyes opened at bad habits he had picked up so now he has totally rehauled him eating habits and is exercising now. Daughter so far is absolutely perfect, right where she needs to be, just have to keep her there. As for me I got me the zumba set and a tai chi workout DVD. Those combined with the no baking sweets anymore rule, and the new eating healthy for son's sake have us feeling better. I am hungry, but am trying to ignore that. I thought being more active on these boards when I am feeling weak might help. So I hope you all will tolerate my babbles here and there. I want to succeed this time. Oops forgot to mention I am 44 and perimenopause is also adding to the mix for me

Just keep swimming
leeandstacismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:38 AM   #95
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Question of the Day:

Since we have so many new (or returning) participants I thought it would be nice to read some introductions from people. So please tell us something about you and what your goals are for this month.
I'll try to be brief. I'm Pamela.... mom to one recently-turned adult daughter and 15.5 year old son, married 21 years. I am a substitute in our school system for the past 9 years (but I don't love it) and recently started working as a Weight Watchers leader (which I kind of love... still getting used to it). I lost nearly 90 pounds during 2008/09 and have managed to keep it off through WW and exercise and sheer determination. It isn't always easy, but it is ALWAYS worth it!! I have struggled a bit the last few months to stay at the lower end of my maintenance range and my goal for August is to stay within that range... preferably the lower end! THat being said, the month has been and will be fraught with diet-dangers. We had DH's birthday 7/25, DD's graduation party 7/27, DD's birthday 7/31, end-of-swim-season pot luck dinner last night, and family vacation coming up next week!! The birthday's weren't too bad.... the party was a bit harder to recover from. Last night's potluck I managed well.... but next week's vacation??? I'm honestly scared. I usually let myself have some leeway in the diet during family vacation, but I've also usually gained about 3-5 pounds during that week, no matter what. And I CANNOT afford those pounds this year! So I am formulating a vacation eating plan, as we speak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SettinSail View Post
Hi, my name is Shawn, I am married with a 16 year old son. In 2010 I started my weight loss journey to lose 50 lbs before I turned 50 in 2011. I didn't quite reach my goal but I did lose 32 lbs in about 18 months, in large part due to the support of my WISH friends. Since Dec 2011, I started gaining until I have now gained all the weight back So frustrating! I have a wedding to attend Sept 14th so I have a goal to lose 10 lbs this month. Very ambitious but I am ready for a kickstart!
You're back!! So happy to see you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
Hello there, my name is Linda (obviously) and I am single parent of an adult child who is now 22!! So I feel like now its my time to focus just on me! I am returning to the WISH family after a few months off. I started out great earlier this year with fantastic hopes and dreams of success. Then life and emotions got in the way. My weight loss stalled but at least did not go backwards! I had great success with weight loss a few years ago (100lbs!), however it was a very unhealthy way of doing so. It came to an end and then the weight returned, all but 20 lbs over the last 5 years. My life has gone through some big changes over the last 2 years and I am trying to loose the weight in a far more healthy way.

My goal for this month is 8 lbs! However my next Disney trip is only 3 months away and I would love to loos close to 25lbs by then. I have started tracking my food & exercise on MFP with mixed emotions. I still get very anxious with tracking, however it does seem to help so I am making a commitment to do it before my trip!

==================

I have been doing great with my diet & found some old DVD's that I used to love and used quite a bit back in the day. I have been using them and find they are still great for me!! We'll see how it works this month with achieving my goal. Another issue I am dealing with now is menopause!! It is driving me nuts!! My cycle is ridiculous as are my emotions, and for someone who falls into the trap of emotional eating, its causing all sorts of problems with keeping on track. I am hoping that with more consistent exercise and renewed focus on my diet, I will even out with the mood swings! Any advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated!!

Now its off to workout for the day before I head to work for the night! Hope everyone has a great day today!
Another friend back with us!! Woohoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyabanana View Post
My name is Tanya, 42 with 3 kids: 21,19, and 17. I live in Colorado and have my entire life. I've been starting to lose weight and am down 24 pounds from my highest. I would love to lose about 50 more by Sept. 2014 as I am hoping to book a Disney Cruise to Alaska. Yea! We're also hoping to go to WDW next Feb
I am using Fitness Pal, which I really like . My user name there is Taro1971 if anyone wants to friend me please do! Ive learned that many days I was not eating enough. When I eat close to my calorie allotment for the day I lose!
I recently started hiking, which is hard for me, but I'm enjoying getting stronger every day. I'm also doing free weights at home and walking on a treadmill. I'm signing up for a 5K in December, my goal is to get under 45 minutes and not be injured. Last 5k took me almost 70 minutes and it was painful.
Glad to have you here with us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennStars9 View Post
Hi! My name is Jennifer. I am 37 and I have two kids. For years, I have complained about my weight and blamed the weight gain on my pregnancies. Well, it occurs to me that my children are 7 and 4. They can't be my excuse anymore. My husband and I started on our weight loss journey in February. We are using My Fitness Pal and tracking calories. I have recently started trying to incorporate exercise into my regular routine. I have lost 30 pound since we started and I'd like to lose at least 60 more. I am very glad that I found some WISH friends to help keep me on track and inspire me.
Great job on the 30 pounds that are gone already! Glad to have you here with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat fan View Post
Let's see...I am 40-ish ( ), married with a couple kiddos who have flown the nest. My best friends seem to be the 25 lbs that keep leaving and coming back over the last few years. Who else keeps returning like that but a BFF???
My preference for exercising is weights, but I am awful at doing it myself. During the school year a group of us do it together, but in the summer I turn into a couch potato! I like Zumba too, and was trying to get into that this summer again with my Wii, but I broke some toes so that was the end of that!

I did just make my "Work Out Tips" jar that someone had posted on here. My plan is to start that tomorrow!

My DH's parents were/are extremely unhealthy so I have been pushing him to drop a few lb's. Together we worked at it this past spring and I lost 10 (he of course lost 25) but he stopped keeping track of calories and I lost the umph to do it on my own. Soooo 5 of my friends have come home to roost and I am determined to drop them before heading back to school. I'd like to go back at the same weight I left (or less!) and then keep on losing from there.
Welcome aboard!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarnspicex4 View Post
I'm 42, married with 4 daughters (hence the name "sugarnspicex4," hee hee). Their ages are 14, 12, 8 and 6. I just joined the board for the last two weeks of July. I have some family members who are obese and am determined to not follow that trend. In the past, I always told myself I would not let myself get 10 lbs. over my goal weight, not waiting until I'm 50 lbs. overweight before starting a diet program (like I saw my mom do over and over again when I was a kid). I've done Jenny Craig in the past and been successful at weight loss following childbirths

One of the reasons the weight had crept up on me at this point in my life was that I was dealing with a large uterine fibroid which created all kinds of problems for me. One of the symptoms was anemia and loss of energy. When the fibroid grew to the size of a grapefruit, I knew something had to be done. A year ago on 8/7/12, I had my hysterecomy via a laparascopic procedure (Da Vinci), kept my ovaries and cervix. So glad I did it!

Fast forward to last month.... when I realized I had let myself get 25 lbs. over my goal weight I knew I needed to really change the trend and do something about it. I'm tracking all my eating online with fitday.com, keeping to a balanced 1400 calorie diet and alternating brisk walking with jogging 5-6 days a week, doing a little over 3 miles every day. This morning I made it to 3.0 miles continuous jogging at an approx. 5 mph pace, which was a major achievement for me!

Thanks for reading this far and helping me along my journey! I'm only 3 weeks into this and am already feeling significantly healthier and more fit!
You are already doing great!! Glad you are here with us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofIndigo View Post
HI! I am Indigo’s Mom. Any of you that have children know this becomes your name for ev.ery.thing.

I am smack dab in the middle of my 30s. I was never a thin girl. But I sported a 10/12 really nicely until I had Indigo. I worked in fast food from the age of 15 so I was “somewhat” active. HA! But I was on my feet a lot and ran around all the time (does that count? ) so I maintained my weight really well. Then I landed an office job and I blew up and then I felt guilty and that only added to the weight.

Last year, we went to WDW for Halloween and by the 5th day I was done. I have never wanted to leave WDW until then and I knew it was because of how out of shape I was. So when DH said “Let’s surprise Indigo for her 5th birthday.” I said only if I lose weight (about 8-10lbs a month). The beginning of the summer I was ok. Then July I had some issues with Indigo’s school and this added a lot of mental stress so I fell off the wagon. I am hoping that I can get back on track by getting tips and encouragement from other people as well as be a cheerleader for others. That seems to lift me up and make me want succeed.
You have come to the right place! Welcome!!

Quote:

NO WAY!!!!

Actually I shift back and forth between the two minute by minute.
To sum it up we have 45-55 days to closing, no where to live, no concrete plans and absolutely no idea what we are going to do...
I keep telling myself it's a good stress.

Hi I'm Rose.
Almost 46, married, one DS in grad school 500 miles away. Been fighting the weight all my life--even when I wasn't, if that makes sense. Started BL/Wish threads in 2010. Lost 50 pounds. Ran some races. Got sick. Stopped eating gluten. Gained an acceptable amount back--and then just got in a slump this spring. I am up about 20 from my lowest, and about 10 from where I feel best.

That sums it up.

For all the new folks, you get out of this what you put into it. I did the work but the support I have received here has been awesome.

I plan to be back tomorrow with replies. I am giving myself tonight to freak out and then tomorrow it's time to get organized and start cleaning up and packing stuff. We have been in this house for 20 years--it's going to take a little while to get organized.
Congratulations! Maybe your asking price was a bit too low??? Or maybe the economy is finally turning around? Or maybe this was just MEANT TO BE??!!

Wish I could come help you with the packing and organizing.... I love organizing!! Prayers coming for you, DH, and DS on these HUGE changes you all are making!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeandstacismom View Post
Hello all. My name is Jen, but you guys can just refer to me as lee since that is what most see with my screen name. It also reveals me to be a mom of two amazingly awesome kids. My son who is going to be 18 next month, despite me telling him it was not allowed, and my daughter who turned 4 last week. That was also done without my permission. I tried to be active on here once, and life just got in the way. I work full time (registered nurse), mom full time, and am in graduate school mostly full time. Not a lot of time left over. Anyway at kid's physicals last week doctor told me daughter might have heart issue (I think not) and son could be pre-diabetic (probably right) so I decided going to have to be heart healthy and diabetic healthy so that they don't have issues into their adulthood. Got to lead by example right So here I am trying to refocus on being healthy. We are off to a great start at my house. Son's eyes opened at bad habits he had picked up so now he has totally rehauled him eating habits and is exercising now. Daughter so far is absolutely perfect, right where she needs to be, just have to keep her there. As for me I got me the zumba set and a tai chi workout DVD. Those combined with the no baking sweets anymore rule, and the new eating healthy for son's sake have us feeling better. I am hungry, but am trying to ignore that. I thought being more active on these boards when I am feeling weak might help. So I hope you all will tolerate my babbles here and there. I want to succeed this time. Oops forgot to mention I am 44 and perimenopause is also adding to the mix for me
Isn't Mother Nature a B*TCH?? That menopause will certainly keep things interesting!! Glad you are here with us!

Happy Tuesday friends! Trying to catch up here just a bit!! Another busy day on tap here. First load of laundry just ended in the washer, so time to head out to the clothesline before the first cup of coffee. It is really CHILLY here! Not enjoying this touch of fall we have been experiencing these last few days. Sure, the days are delightful and it is nice sleeping weather, but I hate having to throw on a sweatshirt at dinner time and sleep with the windows mostly closed!!

I managed to eat well at last night's potluck. I stuck with just salads. There wasn't much for just green salads so I did end up with some pasta salad with chicken and a bit of hummus for protein. But I skipped the typical potluck rices and pastas, mac and cheese, chili (so greasy looking), sloppy joe, pizza, taquitos, deviled eggs, 7 layer mexican dip, and desserts. I knew it just wasn't worth it and I would feel terrible today (mentally and physically).

DD should be rising soon and we are walking/running together this morning! Then we will be fighting over the desktop computer because I need to finish inventory for work and she needs to work on her paper due the day she moves in to college!

TTYL....................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:18 AM   #96
pat fan
I'm leaving now so I don't have to witness what comes next

Quote:
It is really CHILLY here! Not enjoying this touch of fall we have been experiencing these last few days. Sure, the days are delightful and it is nice sleeping weather, but I hate having to throw on a sweatshirt at dinner time and sleep with the windows mostly closed!!
Tell me about it! I didn't think we were supposed to have this weather in August, more like September! As long as we don't get a heat wave once we go back to school, that's the worst!

Have to say I did not do well yesterday for food. Well, I did until dinner. Then I completely fell off the wagon. Guess my doggie blues finally caught up with me, but today is a new day and there's no use crying over crap ate yesterday, right?

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be."
-- John Wayne
pat fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #97
Zim
Meow meow

Congrats on the sale of the house Rose, that's wonderful news!

Oh introductions, what a great idea - I just swept through the thread real quick but will definitely go back and read those in earnest! In the meantime, I'm 42 (seem to be a lot of you in that bracket!) with a DD15. I've been divorced for almost 15 years Been dating a guy for the past 3+ years and it's been wonderful. Sadly, 2 of those years plus one more he is abroad for work. The countdown for his return starts a year from this month! Very excited for that.

Weight wise I've fluctuated between 195 and 180 for years now. I'm 5'7" and that up and down sends me between size 18 and size 14 jeans. Right now with the support here and on MFP for the past few months I'm in the 14's (and they're loose!!) Hoping to break the 180 barrier permanently and start working my way to the 160s - which I haven't come close to since college.

QOTDs prior to intros... I wanted to combine the two because they work in conjunction for myself. My worst month is October and my bane is priorities. Starting in October my priorities shift to costumes and candy and haunted houses and projects and shopping for the holidays. Exercising takes a major backseat just as the early nights start setting in and it's all a perfect storm for me to be falling off the wagon and slipping into Wintery Oblivion.... Like Flossbona stated eloquently, I'm not good at maintenance. It's everything I can do to brush my teeth and do the cat litter twice a day.

My best asset is I'm very goal based - if I have a goal I'm set and this year we're cruising in December, so it's a good goal to be thinking I'll be on a beach in a few months with my tiny DD15 and my size zero SIL!!

I'll MFP those of you who listed your name, if there are others my MFP name is intrinsicat. Feel free to add me, the more the merrier.

BernardandMissBianca - wanted to tell you my best advice for building up an exercise routine. For me it's music. I build a tolerable walking list (you know, in January when I'm slinking my way out of hibernation and am at the low energy scale!) Anyway, upbeat but manageable walking songs! I do a 4 mile circuit around our lake. After a few weeks I'm no longer exhausted and sore and am itching to go a little faster so I switch out a song or two and add faster songs. Now I'm up to 1 jogging song to every 2 or 3 walking songs. Hoping to be mostly jogging by the end of the summer! It's a great way to build up your workout easily and you'll definitely see your progress. I thought about that when I passed a very obese family around the lake on my walk last night. I wanted to cheer them on for getting out - now they just need to not get discouraged and pick up the pace!
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #98
momofdjc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Question of the Day:

Since we have so many new (or returning) participants I thought it would be nice to read some introductions from people. So please tell us something about you and what your goals are for this month.

I'm Reenie. I'm 43, been married to DH almost 19 years and have 3 kids, DS 17, DD 14, and DS 9. We just got back from a trip to Arizona for DS17's baseball team.

My goals for the month are to get my eating under control and start exercising again. The kids start back to school in 2 weeks so we will be getting back into a more normal routine for things which should help.

Me DH DS17 DD15 DS9
momofdjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #99
BernardandMissBianca
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Zim,

I do have music, it's the only thing that keeps me sane!! Thankfully I can plug my phone into my treadmill too.
My biggest problem is self doubt. I have really good days like today and I feel like I can run a marathon but then when I watch people like DS17 fly through 11 miles in an hour and people like at last nights fun run, run a 5K in 20-30 minutes, I feel like I am way out of my league.
I'm 40 years old, and a mom of 4. I need to get over the fact that I won't ever run a 6-7 minute mile. I just need to keep convincing myself as long as I cross that finish line, I'm good to go.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #100
BernardandMissBianca
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Guess I should intro my self.

I'm Buffy, 39 years old, never at home mom of 4, married 20 years to my wonderful DH.

I've never been fit and firm but in January 2013 I was at my all time high of 200 pounds. I had always told my DH if I ever hit 200, he had permission to shoot me. I decided I would pull the trigger myself but in a good way. I quit soda cold turkey 1 1/2 years ago, I quit chocolate cold turkey in March. Next up is ice cream.
I log my food on occasion, I need to be better at it though.
I am a returning member of the WISH BL challenges, I've done a lot!

My main reasons for getting healthy are because my hair started to fall out and my skin was really bad, vain I know, but I had really nice hair! Lol it's slowly getting better but it will probably never be as good as it was.
The other reason is while I love my mother to pieces, I don't want to be like her. We have a history of diabetes in our family and my mom was diagnosed about 6-10 years ago. Thankfully she just needs to take pills for it and is on the lowest dose possible but weight is a direct factor as to why she still takes the pills. I am trying to put that possibility for me as far out in my future as I can.

Ok that's my short story. Got the boys at the hair place getting cuts, I'll be back!
Old 08-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #101
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

to all our newbies, returning participants and our "long lost" folks who have returned!

Quote:
Question of the Day:

I'm Lisa and I am a veteran of several of these challenges. I lose at what seems like a glacial pace but every single year since I found WISH I've ended the year weighing less than I started and that is a big victory for me after years of slowly gaining weight. Just this year I've lost almost 10% of my body weight thanks to WW. At the end of the month I am doing the Dumbo Double Dare at Disneyland. I have a goal of losing 4 pounds this month. I may not be participating much but I will be reading and cheering everyone!

Rose, congrats on the house sale! It must be meant to be.

Pamela, glad the party turned out well and good luck getting your DD off to college soon!

Shawn, don't be frustrated about gaining some weight back. I just read an article in WW magazine that said if you've lost before, you have a better chance of succeeding for good!

Buffy, I thought you would enjoy this blog entry from Galloway's training group in Minneapolis called "Set a Personal Record While Running Slow" http://gallowaymsp.wordpress.com/201...e-running-slo/
At the speeds you are running now you have no sweeper worries, even in the last corral, and months to improve. I have faith in you!

Helen, thanks for hostessing this month!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #102
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the positive replies. Mike and I are both still in shock, but a plan is starting to come together and we are feeling a little more in control. In the middle of all this we are going to wdw for my birthday, so I have that to look forward to no matter how crazy things get.

My eating today-eh, not so great.
But I did run 3 miles in my new running shoes which came yesterday. I am on track for another 100+ mile month. So that is very exciting! I have also started weight/strength training one day a week. I am feeling so much less flabby already, but my back was a little unhappy yesterday. So tomorrow walking only and yoga.

Lisa--Sounds like you are getting excited for the dumbo double dare!

Pamela--glad the party went well. These next few weeks before dd goes to school are going to go by in a whirl. Try to enjoy them and don't worry too much about the weight on vacation. I KNOW you can get back to where you want to be once the new normal sets in. Take it from somewhere who has been there. I don't think the price was too low on the house, but we have a pool and a very landscaped yard and it looks amazing right now. Two months from now, won't look as good. Just really good timing I think. We have talked about this for so long--I can't believe we are actually doing it.

Forgive my lack of replies. My brain is a little discombobulated right now. I am determined to do better with replies and get my head in the game.

Have a good night!
Old 08-07-2013, 07:17 AM   #103
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

So I had a nice long post ready to go yesterday and ! Aaaagggghhhh!!!! So here's the short version:

Rose:-move to Florida, move to Florida, move to Florida, move to Florida, move to Florida!!!!!!! (Think I recommend moving to Florida? Best thing I ever did!

Newbies:

I know I've been MIA for a while and don't have alot of time to catch up, so here's the short version: totally disgusted with the weight I've gained since the Italy trip. They're starting a Biggest Loser contest here at work and I came in second place last time, so let's see if I can kick some serious dupa this time around. I haven't stepped on a scale in about a month so I'm not really sure where I'm at, but if I can drop about 10 pounds, I'd be thrilled. Skinny pants I bought back in April that no longer fit...here I come!

TTFN and will check back later. Have a day everybody!!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:40 AM   #104
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Thanks for the positive replies. Mike and I are both still in shock, but a plan is starting to come together and we are feeling a little more in control. In the middle of all this we are going to wdw for my birthday, so I have that to look forward to no matter how crazy things get.

WOOHOO for Disney!!

My eating today-eh, not so great.
But I did run 3 miles in my new running shoes which came yesterday. I am on track for another 100+ mile month. So that is very exciting! I have also started weight/strength training one day a week. I am feeling so much less flabby already, but my back was a little unhappy yesterday. So tomorrow walking only and yoga.

Glad you are excited about the running and feeling less flabby!

Pamela--glad the party went well. These next few weeks before dd goes to school are going to go by in a whirl. Try to enjoy them and don't worry too much about the weight on vacation. I KNOW you can get back to where you want to be once the new normal sets in. Take it from somewhere who has been there. I don't think the price was too low on the house, but we have a pool and a very landscaped yard and it looks amazing right now. Two months from now, won't look as good. Just really good timing I think. We have talked about this for so long--I can't believe we are actually doing it.

Trying hard to relax about EVERYTHING right now. It would be so easy for my type-A/OCD self to kick into overdrive because we aren't packed for vacation, I don't have a sub for my meeting yet, and DD is not ready for school! But I cannot enjoy these last few weeks with her if I am making myself crazy, so I'm trying to take a DEEP BREATH every morning and just RELAX!!

Glad you had good timing with the house. Ours looks fabulous right now as well.... perfect time of year! Double WOOHOO on taking a big brave adventurous step in your life!!

Forgive my lack of replies. My brain is a little discombobulated right now. I am determined to do better with replies and get my head in the game.

Have a good night!
We understand!

Morning all! Slept in a bit today, so feeling a bit "behind" already. Also developed some sort of raging eye irritation/infection last night, just in time for my WW meeting. Found my drops from the last time I had this in the fall and will put those to use. No time for a doctor's appointment right now!

My meeting last night was about SLEEP and I think I did it justice with a full 8 hours last night! It is definitely a LUXURY to wake up with my body clock rather than an early alarm! Kids and kitty are still snoozing and DH is away, so the house is nice and quiet. I love this time of day!

Time to get a few pieces of laundry on the line.... I think they are calling for rain later today. No idea what I will have for breakfast today. ............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #105
MomofIndigo
Mouseketeer

Things I have learned this week:

a. I am not a morning work out person.
b. I am much stronger than I think I am
c. If I eat more often I do not crave sweets (but still crave soda).

Have a great day!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: