Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2013, 06:44 AM   #256
JennStars9
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
QOTD Saturday, August 24, 2013 and Sunday, August 25, 2013: What are your favorite quotes or sayings that help you get through this healthy living journey?[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

"Why worry? If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better" - Walt Disney

This is one of my favorite quotes and helps to remind me to let the little things go. To not worry and beat myself up when I slip up.

JennStars9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #257
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
If we don't get anyone for September, I'm happy to keep doing the spreadsheet thing!!
That would be wonderful, Helen!

I will volunteer to coach F 9/6 through Th 9/12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Thanks for the QOTD! I saw this today on Facebook and took a screenshot with my phone so I can look at it every morning:

"It's not about being better than someone else. It's about being better than you were yesterday.

I love this because I am always comparing myself to others and just need to focus on ME!
Love your quote, Jill! And a big and for your great 10k time! You DID rock it!

Enjoy the first day of school today!

It is the first day of school for DS, too. He is a freshman. I think he is ready as he got up voluntarily at 4:45 a.m. This will be the only time this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennStars9 View Post
"Why worry? If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better" - Walt Disney

This is one of my favorite quotes and helps to remind me to let the little things go. To not worry and beat myself up when I slip up.
Great quote and love the tie in to Disney!

If I get a chance I will try and post an update or two from DL. See you all in September!
lisah0711 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #258
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Morning all! I'ved missed you all! Sorry i haven't been able to participate much this month. We had almost no wifi on vacation, despite the owner's promise. It was a PITA since several of us had work obligations to check on during the week. Then we were home with a MOUNTAIN of laundry and it was just 4 days at home to pack up DD for college. We moved her in Thursday. Then we were home for a day before heading back to DD's school for convocation and our real good-byes.

Now i have to get DS to the orthodontist and eye doctor (today) and get some school clothes and supplies before he starts on Thursday.

Exercise has been sporadic, although I did great on vacation with kayaking every day and some walking and running thrown in. That being said, i came back way up on the scale and have been working hard to get back into my maintenance range.

Sorry to have missed so much chatter and news. No time to read back now, as i need to head out with DS soon. TTYL......................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #259
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

Eliza32...your name is Helen? oops! I've called you Eliza quite a few times! sorry! anyhow...I love five guys! and the coke machine sounds awesome, I've heard of thoswe but haven't been anywhere to try one yet

Jill -- great job on the race!!

forced my butt out to walk this morning, my mom is coming over tomorrow night to do some canning wed/thur so I know i'll be hard pressed to get all my workouts in. then this weekend we are going back 'home' to small town, Ohio where Mumford and Sons stopover for the Gentlemen on the Road tour. last minute, my cousin was able to get us some tickets. it should be fun! but not very healthy-food friendly!

thanks all for the compliments....my dress and my oldest DD dress both came from Goodwill

off to flylad a little bit today after my shower! hope you are having a great Monday. love the quotes!

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #260
sugarnspicex4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
thanks all for the compliments....my dress and my oldest DD dress both came from Goodwill
A girl after my own heart! With 5 females in our house, we frequent the second-hand stores often (also Savers and Plato's Closet).

sugarnspicex4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #261
sugarnspicex4
Mouseketeer

I have to share the good news today. No, not just that my 4 girls are off to school at last, but this:

Ten lbs. gone, just 12.5 lbs more to go till my goal!

sugarnspicex4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #262
JennStars9
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarnspicex4 View Post
I have to share the good news today. No, not just that my 4 girls are off to school at last, but this:

Great job!

JennStars9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:52 AM   #263
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Hi Guys, thanks for sending in your weights. I have updated the spreadsheet and have changed quite a few colours in post #3!!!!

Things look a little better this week overall I think.

If you still want to send me your weight for this week, then please do so, otherwise next WI is on Saturday 31st. Good luck for the final week of Awesome August. Spectacular September thread will be put up by next Friday, so if you want to take part in that too, just include the info in your final PM for August.

Have a great day
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:11 AM   #264
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Helen, thanks for taking on September as well!

So far I am still at the same weight as at the beginning of the month... Not good! Hopefully September will be better!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:00 AM   #265
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Hi Magdalene....I think most of us have had problems losing in August...for me it was definitely the holiday thing...weekends away etc. Got one week off in September, but am prepared for that, so hoping to go for another 7lb, but may have to make it more if I fail this month!!!! Can't believe that I've lost 64lb so far this year though, it's really added up.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:33 AM   #266
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

Love your quote, Jill! And a big and for your great 10k time! You DID rock it!

Enjoy the first day of school today!

It is the first day of school for DS, too. He is a freshman. I think he is ready as he got up voluntarily at 4:45 a.m. This will be the only time this year.
Thanks! 4:45? That's a *little* early for me

Have a great time and tell Mickey that I said that I miss him

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Morning all! I'ved missed you all! Sorry i haven't been able to participate much this month. We had almost no wifi on vacation, despite the owner's promise. It was a PITA since several of us had work obligations to check on during the week. Then we were home with a MOUNTAIN of laundry and it was just 4 days at home to pack up DD for college. We moved her in Thursday. Then we were home for a day before heading back to DD's school for convocation and our real good-byes.

Now i have to get DS to the orthodontist and eye doctor (today) and get some school clothes and supplies before he starts on Thursday.

Exercise has been sporadic, although I did great on vacation with kayaking every day and some walking and running thrown in. That being said, i came back way up on the scale and have been working hard to get back into my maintenance range.

Sorry to have missed so much chatter and news. No time to read back now, as i need to head out with DS soon. TTYL......................P
Glad you had a nice vacation even though the wifi was not so great. I can't believe DD is away at school! How exciting! How are you adjusting to her not being at home and running her to swimming all the time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
Jill -- great job on the race!!

Thanks!

Nice score! Our Goodwill is less than stellar, however, we have a couple close to us (about 20 minute drives) that are awesome. I should go check them out soon since I haven't been to either since the beginning of July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarnspicex4 View Post

Whoohoo! Congrats!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello all

I have a quick planning period right now and I thought I better check in before I get busy again. It's going to take me a few more days to get adjusted to my new work schedule and what I'm teaching, but so far, so good. I'll be spending lots of time this week planning for next week!

I am totally on board for the new September thread. Actually, I don't think I've needed it more! August was just terrible, eating wise. I'm getting back on track this week with a more structured schedule, but lose my time for exercise. I'm just going to try to fit things in where I can. I am hoping on Tues/Thurs I can get about 45 minutes in right after school (probably running) and on Mondays I will go to circuit training class. I guess I better bust out Jillian dvds as well. Oh, and this is all as long as DHs work schedule doesn't change. If it does, who knows what I'll be doing!

Well, I better run to use the restroom before I have to teach again, because who knows when I'll get the chance again Have a great day!

Jill
Old 08-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #267
Zim
Meow meow

Sorry August has been so sluggish for everyone (didn't someone post that August was their worst month for weight loss?? I think most said October...) So we'd better make September count because October is "hauntingly" right around the corner.

So I believe I'm coach this week, and already a day late.

WISH QOTD: Is it me or does it seem to take 2 days for a bad day of eating to register on the scale?

Maybe I'm being silly but I go fast food and movie popcorn one day, the next day scale is looking remarkably good. The day after however, even if I'm eating like a rabbit, always a gain. Maybe I'm just on a two day storage cycle. HA!

Separate Disney QOTD: I love the Disney questions so I'm incorporating one: Did you ever have a special CM moment you'll never forget?

I'm sure it's tough to have a perpetual smile on your face, but somehow they manage so well to make you feel like the only person in the park. We were in HS and completely lost we approached a janitor hoping he could point us in the right direction. He was so helpful and even had Cars stickers to give my daughter. I don't know if that was a Disney thing or his own little magical contribution to see kids smile, but it was really great.

On an exercise note... funny story last night. I walk / run intermittently a four mile circuit around the local lake. Its a good thing I've been building up to running because I had to sprint the last half mile home last night! I was attacked by a horsefly! Just one, but those buggers are HUGE and unlike bees who don't really want to hassle you, this guy was ravenous! Ugh - bug spray from now on, I looked ridiculous sprint while constantly billowing out my shirt.

Have a great last week of August! Sprint into September like you're being chased by horseflies so you're rarin' to go come September's challenge!!!
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #268
DisFam95
DIS Veteran

Ugh not going well. Summer started well and seemed to be doing well with slowly loosing but just got back last month from a week in Nova Scotia/New Brunswick and then have neglected myself with kids bday plans and back to school planning. Plus the trip photos revealed I'm still not where I want to be. Esp the horrible zipline photo someone took of my rear end with that lovely harness highlighting everything!

SO anyway I'm hoping to get back on track here. The challenges really helped my keep my focus I realized. I did my 1hr treadmill yesterday for the first time in over a month - felt good! Hoping to squeeze it in again tonight.

Gotta run but just popping in to commit to myself!!!

Sum/74; Sum/78; Sum/82; Sum/87 Polynesian; Sum/93 Caribbean Beach; 8/95 Port Orleans - Honeymoon; 5/97; 8/99 Caribbean Beach; 9/01 Wilderness Lodge - became a DVC member!!!; 12/02; 1/04; 2/05; 2/06; 10/06; 5/08 Villas at Wilderness Lodge; 6/11 Wildreness Lodge
Me DH DS12 DS8
DisFam95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:59 AM   #269
Zim
Meow meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95 View Post
just got back last month from a week in Nova Scotia/New Brunswick and then have neglected myself with kids bday plans and back to school planning.

I know how that is around this time. I'm already working on costumes and it's everything I can do to force myself to take an hour away from the needle and thread to walk the lake right now. It sounds like I'm ahead of the game but these are pirate costumes so we're getting extra uses out of them including Pirate Weekend at the Renaissance Festival in two weeks! Hope I can get the basics done by then... and then I can get more detailed on them for Pirate Night on the Disney cruise! Man I will be disappointed if they switch the short cruises to the Pixar Party before then... I think it's just the 7-day Alaskan cruise. Not that a Pixar Party wouldn't be a blast, but a sad day for a costumer bringing the wrong costume.

I tell you what, I'm not an expert seamstress, and generally patterns read like hieroglyphs and I need to reread each step a million times before it makes sense (and I NEVER baste because they're costumes for crying out loud!) Anyway, what is UP with pattern sizing? If I made a size 16 pirate coat, it wouldn't fit me. Apparently they adhere to some ancient system of sizing where I actually fit a true size 20?!?!? Well, it's correct, I made the jacket at size twenty, and it fits. Maybe a little loose, as I have lost 15 pounds since I bought the plans... But I'm fitting into size 12 jeans now at Walmart so it's a little frustrating to say I'm a pattern size 20!

================================

I usually read online Yahoo health articles with a serious grain of salt but this one really packs a lot of what I consider VERY helpful information. I particularly find the interval moves and the yogurt advice to be very sound. Do any of these pointers ring true for you??

Revving Your Metabolism
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #270
MrsJessica
Earning My Ears

Finally back! My first call to jury duty and at the very end of the day, the very last 5 minutes of selection, I got picked to serve... Our area is small, so no media as the trial proceeds. After that was over, a fun retreat out into the wilderness for a long weekend, and now back to work making up everything I missed! Busy, busy... I'm giving it a good effort, but August has been rough. I'm trying to not let the lack of progress get to me, but for now staying away from the scale is probably a good idea. By my clothes, things aren't going well... Urg. Really wanting September to be a better month!
MrsJessica is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: