facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 08:46 AM   #196
tanyabanana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
QOTD Friday, August 16 & Saturday, August 17

How about a fun question for the weekend What is your favorite ride (or rides if you cannot pick just one) at a Disney park? Why? Is there any ride you could do without or have never done and have no desire to ride it?
Pirates! I love how long it is, the smell of the water, just everything. My stress level drops just thinking about it. RNR is a very close second
I'm sorry to say that Splash is my least favorite . I WANT to like it-- but I have a phobia about the drop (but i like TOT) and I don't like being wet the rest of the day. I'll do it to be with my family but I don't enjoy it. Disney problems. Lol

tanyabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #197
MomofIndigo
Mouseketeer

OK I cant figure out how to add ppl to my MFP so If anyone wants to add me (MomofIndigo) please feel free.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #198
sugarnspicex4
Mouseketeer

Quote:

How about a fun question for the weekend What is your favorite ride (or rides if you cannot pick just one) at a Disney park? Why? Is there any ride you could do without or have never done and have no desire to ride it?
My MUST-DO ride is Tower of Terror @ WDW (ironic because I'm really afraid of heights!)

My least favorite ride was actually dismantled, the Maliboomer @ DLR. You couldn't pay me to ride that thing!! Something about actually seeing how far above the ground as you're falling towards it really terrifies me.

sugarnspicex4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #199
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

happy Friday!!! my WI was the same so i'm grateful my week of non-planning and not staying the course didn't sabotage me! now to get back on track I have 3 lbs to lose in two weeks!

my favorite ride is a tie between Rock-n-Roller coaster and Tower of Terror, but probably ToT would win. I just love the details of the entire attraction

the ride I will never ever ride is both Mission Space and the Dino-Whirl

ok, dragging my sorry butt out to walk now!

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #200
JennStars9
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I could never pick a favorite. The only ride that bothers me is Tower of Terror. It scares me, but I still ride it.

JennStars9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #201
JennStars9
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofIndigo View Post
OK I cant figure out how to add ppl to my MFP so If anyone wants to add me (MomofIndigo) please feel free.

I sent you a request.

JennStars9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #202
Zim
Meow meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofIndigo View Post

I have this issue too on my ipad. I basically have to send someone a private message first then I think they can add me or when they reply I get an option to add them as a friend. Otherwise I have to go through an email addy, facebook or from my phone contacts.

But I'll send you a message! And anyone else who I have missed my MFP name is Intrinsicat
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #203
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

tanyabanana.....we must be soul sisters or somethng - I could have written that same post about Pirates and RnRC.........

Thanks everyone for the weights already pm' to me, I'm on it this week!!! MrsJessica, don't worry, I WILL add you to post #3!!!!

I'm currently uploading my old CDs to my iTunes........after the stupid mistake of washing the iPod Nano, my mum has bought me a new one as she is so pleased with my diet progress and knows that I use it for my running!!! I'm going to put loads of old stuff on this one as it has twice the memory of the one I washed!!! Found some really cringeworthy stuff in the CD collection........like every Micheal Bolton album...I'm soooo over that!!!

Maybe that would be a fun QOTD.....What's the most cringeworthy album in your collection???
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #204
sugarnspicex4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
the ride I will never ever ride is both Mission Space and the Dino-Whirl
I totally agree with you on Mission Space... Once was definitely enough!!

sugarnspicex4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #205
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! I just want to apologize. I just got home from Erie and my first half It was a great race (Biggest Loser RunWalk series) and I was very pleased with my walk~finished in 2 hours and 54 minutes However, I am apologizing because I did not sleep well last night and I am very tired. I think I am going to veg out and probably go to sleep very, very early. I will definitely be on in the morning for another QOTD and I will do responses tomorrow. Thanks for understanding!

Jill
Old 08-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #206
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Jill congrats on a great half! Rest and enjoy! :
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #207
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Favorite ride:

Dumbo. First ride we have to do at WDW

Never ever going on again:
Dinosaur and space mountain
Old 08-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #208
jillbur
DIS Veteran

QOTD Sunday, August 18

Lots of people say they don't eat healthy because it's too expensive. I give you $5 for a healthy lunch. Where do you go and what do you get?
Old 08-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #209
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My favorite ride is either Soarin' or BTMMR. I just love the peacefulness of Soarin' (and smells of course) and the fun of BTMMR.

I have never done Stitch and really just have no desire, so I am holding off for s replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat fan View Post
She limps a lot (one leg is shorter than the other, not sure if that's the disease, but probably), and the DR. said her hip is BAD, could break any time but she refuses the medications because of the side effects. She has taken up water exercises at the Y and is making herself have milk/dairy (which she hates) and says she's 75 and people get old and things happen. She's right, of course, so hard to argue with her.
I'm sorry to hear about her problems. It's good that she is getting exercise and dairy, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IfIHadWings View Post

I'm MaryPat, BTW. I just joined The challenge this week. I'm a notorious lurker, but I rarely post, trying to remedy that!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

Jill, thank you so much for coaching this week! Great questions, even though I did not always get a chance to answer them.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post

I'm currently uploading my old CDs to my iTunes........after the stupid mistake of washing the iPod Nano, my mum has bought me a new one as she is so pleased with my diet progress and knows that I use it for my running!!! I'm going to put loads of old stuff on this one as it has twice the memory of the one I washed!!! Found some really cringeworthy stuff in the CD collection........like every Micheal Bolton album...I'm soooo over that!!!

Maybe that would be a fun QOTD.....What's the most cringeworthy album in your collection???
Awww...your mom is so sweet! Now you can get those shoes you've saved so hard for! That would be a hilarious QOTD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Jill congrats on a great half! Rest and enjoy! :
Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay I am here and am feeling sooooooo much better than yesterday! I pretty much slept from 6-8:30 last night and then again from 10-7. I am functioning much better this morning. I can't believe what a terrible night's sleep I got the night before my race. I am a light sleeper and the air conditioner unit in our room was so loud when it turned on that I could not fall back to sleep after 1:00 am! At least I had my first half jitters and adrenaline to keep me going until about 2:30 in the afternoon on the 1.5 hour drive home. Good thing DH went & could drive back home!

Anyhow, now that I've rambled on...I loved reading all the different responses about the favorite/least favorite rides. It's funny how some people's favorites are others least. I guess Disney is doing it right when they cater to different preferences. That's why it's such a magical vacation

Today's plan is pretty much to do nothing! I am going to use my foam roller and roll my legs out. I have dinner planned, but eventually will need to go grocery shopping. I'm not sure if I'll do that later today or tomorrow. I'm guessing tomorrow I need to get on Pinterest and look for some different healthy dinner recipes to get ready for back to school in 8 days I am also addicted to looking at lunches for kids. Some people have too much time to make such creative lunches! And, some kids apparently eat every single food available to man! I look at some of these really cute Bento box lunches & am amazed. I'm not even sure my kids would eat a lot of the stuff, but I am determined to get more healthy choices in their lunches. I think I will be making a lunch menu as well this year so I am not stressing about packing 3 lunches almost every day!

I am off to make breakfast. I'll be back in a bit to check in.

Jill
Old 08-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #210
MomofIndigo
Mouseketeer

LOL Jill, I am also a Pinterest addict when it comes to lunches. I keep looking at it and thinking "my kid will not eat that." But they look so cute in their little cupcake molds and sandwich cut outs.

How do they keep stuff from not falling out though? That lid must be secured really tight. Knowing my child she would be swinging it all over the place.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: