Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
ShanLubey
Mouseketeer

Grocer closest to Sheraton Vistana Villas?

Where can we plan to shop closest to Vistana? We also would like any tips at traveling to the world from the Villas. How long does it typically take to get to the parks? Are the lines long?

Is there sufficient Handicapped Parking availability? My mother is handicapped and so is my son.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #2
Lucky'sMom
DIS Veteran

There is a Publix just around the corner from your villas...probably no more than a mile away. You just turn right out of the villages, go up a little and turn right again. Sorry I don't know the street name but it will be easy to find. Time to the parks? Maybe 15 minutes. Easy drive, not a lot of traffic. You will be heading down International Drive ( a left turn out of the villages) and turning right onto World Drive, I believe. It's just a straight shot onto Disney property from there. I have no personal experience with the handicap spaces, but there do seem to be a ton of them.

2014-June, Windsor Hills pool home and HRH; 2012-July, RPR and Reunion resort pool home; May,Marriott's Grande Vista; 2011 -Jan: CSR; May: CBR; 2009 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential Suite!; 2008 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek and RPR; 2007 - POR, Wonder Cruise, BWV; 2006 - Springhill Suites, UO and PBH, Nick Hotel; 2005 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins; 2003 - Poly, OKW, AsMo; 2002 - UO and RPR; 2001 - Sheraton Vistana Villages; 2000 - Holiday Inn Family Suites, ASMu; 1996 - Swan; 1995 - Swan, ASSp, ASMu; 1994 - POFQ
Lucky'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanLubey View Post
Where can we plan to shop closest to Vistana? We also would like any tips at traveling to the world from the Villas. How long does it typically take to get to the parks? Are the lines long?

Is there sufficient Handicapped Parking availability? My mother is handicapped and so is my son.
By Villas, do you mean Sheraton Vistana Villages SVV (as opposed to Sheraton Vistana Resort SVR)? The closest grocery to SVV is the Publix on Vineland at I-Drive. It is a very nice full service grocery store, including a fairly good selection of prepared meals. This is also our favorite grocery store when staying at SVR. For big-box, head down I-Drive to 535 and turn left, there is a Super-Wal-Mart about a 1/2 mile down on your right. Another half-mile to the end of 535 turn left and it's about 2 blocks to the Super-Target. If you are at SVR, it's just a straight shot south on 535.

Parks are about 10-15 minutes from SVR; add 5 more minutes from SVV. Traffic is generally light. I highly recommend bringing your own GPS with you; or borrow one from a friend. It's not hard to get TO the parks, but it can be tough to find your way back to the resort after a long day at the parks...

Both resorts have paid a lot of attention to ADA; handicapped parking is plentiful, specially equipped units are available, the pools have lifts, etc. If you are referring to Disney, then you are in for a treat. There is a whole section here on DIS for disabilities at Disney, but the parks are very well setup to handle this.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th

bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
kiki02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanLubey View Post

I think there is REALLY close shopping, you could almost walk it if you had to. Publix maybe ? Park is about 10 minutes by car from Sheraton.

Plenty of parking. We 've been to the Vistana OFTEN, ask me any questions, happy to help. Enjoy.
kiki02 is offline   Reply With Quote