Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #1
loriwvu
Mouseketeer

Beach Club Club Level 2nd and Last Stay

We recently stayed Club Level at the Beach Club for our second time this July. It was okay but for us I don't think it is worth the extra money. We had a Garden View room right near the lounge and unfortunately right behind the elevators! You could hear them going up and down. Also, I guess some of the main water lines were behind our bathroom walls as we could hear this sound that sounded like people slamming doors but it was actually the water pipes shaking when someone would turn on/off water. We stayed at the Contemporary and Art of Animation as well on this trip and the rooms were much quieter at both of those resorts.

The concierge staff is very nice and tries to be very helpful but we had so many problems with our "keys to the world" this trip! First, they would not open our door. Next, they would not work at the Epcot gate and they had to be hand swiped. Next, the snack credits were not on our account! This went on for 2 days with the cards being reissued three times!

While we love the location of the Beach Club so close to Epcot, for our family we are questioning whether it is really worth the money even for a regular room. We love the pool but twice in the afternoon we were unable to get any pool chairs. The transportation by watercraft to DHS was much better this year than our last stay but we don't like that you have to share with all the resorts.

Finally, we found with the Dining Plan that we just don't use the Club Level offerings that much. I think we may save money next summer and just go back to Pop Century.
loriwvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:53 PM   #2
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriwvu View Post
We recently stayed Club Level at the Beach Club for our second time this July. It was okay but for us I don't think it is worth the extra money. We had a Garden View room right near the lounge and unfortunately right behind the elevators! You could hear them going up and down. Also, I guess some of the main water lines were behind our bathroom walls as we could hear this sound that sounded like people slamming doors but it was actually the water pipes shaking when someone would turn on/off water.
Bummer . I am rather shocked that they would have such a crappy room in the Club Level inventory.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
Babsy
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your clunb level stay. Sounds like you were given a poor room for sure! Did you ask to change rooms? We stayed in a lovely club level room looking at the lagoon with a great full size balcony. We loved the resort and the location. The lounge wasn't huge, but we were satisfied with the offerings that we were served. The staff were also very helpful when we were there.

Rather than just writing off the BC completely, have you considered non club level rooms?
BC non club level rooms are very nice and less expensive. They have the advantage of being walking distance to Epcot and you can use your dining plan while staying here as well. POP century is a value resort, so it's quite a change from a luxury resort like the BC, but I guess that you have already stayed there since you say that you will be going 'back".

Hopefully your next WDW resort room will be better.
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #4
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriwvu View Post
We recently stayed Club Level at the Beach Club for our second time this July. It was okay but for us I don't think it is worth the extra money. We had a Garden View room right near the lounge and unfortunately right behind the elevators! You could hear them going up and down. Also, I guess some of the main water lines were behind our bathroom walls as we could hear this sound that sounded like people slamming doors but it was actually the water pipes shaking when someone would turn on/off water. We stayed at the Contemporary and Art of Animation as well on this trip and the rooms were much quieter at both of those resorts.

The concierge staff is very nice and tries to be very helpful but we had so many problems with our "keys to the world" this trip! First, they would not open our door. Next, they would not work at the Epcot gate and they had to be hand swiped. Next, the snack credits were not on our account! This went on for 2 days with the cards being reissued three times!

While we love the location of the Beach Club so close to Epcot, for our family we are questioning whether it is really worth the money even for a regular room. We love the pool but twice in the afternoon we were unable to get any pool chairs. The transportation by watercraft to DHS was much better this year than our last stay but we don't like that you have to share with all the resorts.

Finally, we found with the Dining Plan that we just don't use the Club Level offerings that much. I think we may save money next summer and just go back to Pop Century.
We stay at BC many times, we were there just 5 weeks ago & never had any issues like you described. However, based on your bad experience, you probably should go back to Pop Century & save your money.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #5
hedberg1661
DIS Veteran

So I am currently booked for a CL BC stay in December and was wondering if it was worth it. I have never stayed on a CL at any resort before. I read somewhere that they offer food and drink selections at certain parts of the day. I am worried that I will be in the parks or at dinner during these times and won't fully utilize these perks/services.

Hoping to get a general overview of how this all works.

Thanks all!
hedberg1661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #6
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedberg1661 View Post
So I am currently booked for a CL BC stay in December and was wondering if it was worth it. I have never stayed on a CL at any resort before. I read somewhere that they offer food and drink selections at certain parts of the day. I am worried that I will be in the parks or at dinner during these times and won't fully utilize these perks/services.

Thanks all!
You definately need to be at the resort during the times of the different food offerings in order to take advantage of it. If you are a commando park type, I wouldn't even consider CL.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #7
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedberg1661 View Post

Thanks all!
We did CL at BC for the first time in May and I could see how if you are a family that goes to the park and stays open to close you would miss out on a lot of the food options. We did breakfast every day and then at least some of us were back to the parks every day for naptime so we got some drinks and snacks and a few times were there for the 5-7 appetizers. One day we actually made a meal out of apps (or everyone but myself did as being gluten free there wasn't enough). And most nights we were back early enough to grab desserts and beer for DH. The coffee machine is also still running late so I had a hot chocolate before bed every night.

The lounge and ease of grabbing snacks and drinks was definitely the biggest perk to CL for us so if we weren't going to be there enough it wouldn't have been worthwhile.

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #8
hedberg1661
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
We did CL at BC for the first time in May and I could see how if you are a family that goes to the park and stays open to close you would miss out on a lot of the food options. We did breakfast every day and then at least some of us were back to the parks every day for naptime so we got some drinks and snacks and a few times were there for the 5-7 appetizers. One day we actually made a meal out of apps (or everyone but myself did as being gluten free there wasn't enough). And most nights we were back early enough to grab desserts and beer for DH. The coffee machine is also still running late so I had a hot chocolate before bed every night.

The lounge and ease of grabbing snacks and drinks was definitely the biggest perk to CL for us so if we weren't going to be there enough it wouldn't have been worthwhile.
Thanks...we usually have dining reservations every night and leave the resort around 5 to make it there and then a bit of park "lounging" after that. Thanks for the heads up on timing. This most likely won't work well for us for the extra money. I looked on WDW's site and they really didn't give any insight into what the CL was all about so this was a tremendous help.
hedberg1661 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: