Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #1
Swim Spence
Mouseketeer

Treehouse villas

Just a wondering question, but how do you get to the treehouse villas? I know they're at SSR, but do you just walk from the lobby?
Swim Spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #2
amym2
DIS Veteran

There's a separate gated entrance to the THV off the main road. It is not manned, so you have to be staying there to have access. You can walk there from SSR also, although our THV was near the entrance and would have been a long walk (and there are no sidewalks once you're in the THV area). You can also take a bus to the THV from SSR (it's a separate internal bus). If you are staying their without a car, I think they will drive you and your luggage to your villa.
amym2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #3
Swim Spence
Mouseketeer

Thanks! I was just curious and wondering for maybe future trips?
Swim Spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:02 AM   #4
ppony
Artist in residence

I wouldn't stay there w/o renting a car. We stayed there last year and LOVED it!!! If I could pick ONE place on property to stay in for the rest of my life, it'd be in those. It's just not easy to procure them if you don't own there. At least not for too many days in a row, we were only able to get 3 days in a row. We had to wait until our 7 month window opened up as we own at AKV. I would never do it w/o a car though because the buses are infrequent and you'd be wasting a ton of time on them.

ppony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:37 AM   #5
bruhl1j
Earning My Ears

Tree House

My family stayed at a THV last Feb. We loved it. We walked backed to SSR and caught a bus each morning. Our THV was near the entrance of the treehouses. It was a 5 min (at the most) walk to the first bus stop at SSR (first to pick up and drop off). We also walked to the last stop at SSR (about 10 minutes). We would hop the THV bus if it happened by when we returned.

We also took the boat to DTD. It was a 1 minute walk to the ramp.

Wife's brother was with us and had an 18 month old. They used the THV bus. They had no issues. It was during Mardi Gras and the crowds were not at max. SSR is a big resort. If walking is not an issue, getting around is easy.

Allow an hour to get from point a to point b. Traffic, distance, and catching the bus before it pulls out are factors to short trips.
bruhl1j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #6
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

The day we checked in they drove us on a large golf cart to our tree house. After that you can walk (it's actually a lovely walk if you ask me) or take one of the internal buses. It is far after a long day at the parks, but in the mornings I would practically sprint to one of the main bus stops rather than wait for the internal bus. We didn't have our own car, and we were fine with it.
Sheilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #7
626itch
Earning My Ears

Love it. I actually like the short walk from the main SSR buildings. I actually walked through the golf course (or you can take a water ferry) to Downtown Disney. Its about a ten minute walk. There are two bus stops within a five minute walk to tree house villas. The stop by the pool gets crowded. Not sure the name of the other stop. Its been 4 years.
626itch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: