Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
hec3711
Earning My Ears

February 2014 - Valentine's Day/Anniversary

My DH and I are planning our first trip to Disneyland around our anniversary (our 9th), which is Valentine's Day. We are staying at Grand Californian from 2/12-2/17. I don't know the first thing about planning for this one. We have gone to WDW numerous of times. This is our first time that we will be staying on property as well. Would like to eat somewhere nice for our anniversary dinner, any suggestions? Nice places inside the parks or around the area. We will not be having a car, just taking a shuttle from the airport. Also, what do people wear in the month of February? We are in Texas, so it's usually cold where we are. Will there be anything special at the parks for Valentine's Day? Any other tips, advice for us would be helpful. I'm the planner here and I'm just trying to get started so I can make sure I know where to make our dinner reservations at while we are there. Thanks!
hec3711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:30 AM   #2
Pinocchio #1 Fan
Disney Premier Passholder, Believer in the power of Hakuna Matata!

February can be almiost any weather in CA. I'd advise you to bring jeans and t-shirts, then have a light sweatshirt or windbreaker handy. If you are a person who is usually cold, like my wiofe, I'd advise a heavy sweatshirt or two. As for a romantic dinner, at DL it's Blue Bayou. Carthay Circle at DCA. Also either Napa Rose or Steakhouse 55 at the hotels. Most of the places will have Valentine's Day menus on Feb 14, if you will be there on that day. Reservations required for all of these, wether on V-day or not. I live like 4 miles from DL, so feel free to PM me with any specific questions I can help you with. I'm always trying to plan romantic stuff for the wife at DL, as we are passholders.
Pinocchio #1 Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #3
butterflymouse
Mouseketeer

Eat at the Blue Bayou. You'll never forget the experience!

California weather is tricky! Especially in "winter" months. It could be freezing, it could be warm. To be safe, wear comfortable pants and a t-shirt, and take a sweatshirt to have on hand when it gets cold. I would say max, you'll hit temps in the 70s.
Disneyland April 2007|Disneyland Resort January 2008
Disneyland Resort November 2008|Disneyland Resort August 2009
Disneyland Resort August 2010|Disneyland November 2011
Disneyland Resort November 2013|Disneyland Resort February 2014
butterflymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
dragonflycurls
Mouseketeer

Last year we went for Valentine's Day and had a blast!

We didn't really do a special meal, but wish we had.

The weather was indeed weird! Chilly at night, BUT on Valentine's Day it was over 80 and very warm in the sun.
dragonflycurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
hec3711
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the suggestions. It seems like everyone keeps talking about Blue Bayou...so we may just have to check that place out. Does Disneyland do anything special for Valentine's Day?

Thanks for the tips about weather and what to pack..I tend to get cold at night so I will be bringing a jacket or something with us.
hec3711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: