Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Moderate rooms look small, where do you put your luggage?

We always put 2 big suitcases on the ground next to each other and open as needed, and there is good closet space too (only stayed at WL and BC). Planning on POFQ or POR and the rooms look so small. How do you get creative with the space??
My2CrazyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
kmb584
DIS Veteran

At both CSR and POFQ I put our luggage in the vanity area below the pole on which people can hang their clothes. It was a bit of a squeeze at POFQ but that same space at CSR is quite large and our suitcases fit just fine. Also, the vanity area at CSR has sliding doors that closes it off from the rest of the room so the luggage was also out of sight!

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
brekin67
DIS Veteran

We have left our empty luggage at Bell Services when we felt too crowded. I always keep one suitcase in the room with a lock on it to hold our valuables that will not fit in safe.
brekin67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #4
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Not sure what I am getting myself into w a moderate, yikes! The deluxes r pricing us out though! I am looking forward to POFQ (or POR if I can't get it) but I didn't realize they would be that much smaller that WL.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
trishadono
DIS Veteran

We do similar as kmb. I put dd suitcase on ground under hanging area. I put dh on the luggage rack in front of the connecting door. I usually unpack ds and mine into drawers (when all of us go) and stand them(empty) up in "closet" in back corner to side of sink. Ds usually has small case so sometimes I out his inside mine to save room.

If only 2 of us go I put one on luggage rack in room and one in closet so we have separate dressing areas.
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #6
wdwfan1
DIS Veteran

Caribbean Beach Resort has the largest rooms of all the moderates. If there are just two of you a king bedded room may help with space. We have not stayed at a moderate in a long time, but there may be room under the bed.

wdwfan1

I have been boo'd by wisbucky!
wdwfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #7
pigletto
DIS Veteran

The size of the Wilderness Lodge room is 340 square feet (assuming you stayed in a regular room), POR and POFQ are 314. Really not a significant difference IMO.
The area by the vanity under the closet bar is where we keep our luggage, though we do unpack. There is also a luggage rack or bench in the moderate rooms to put one of the suitcases on. I don't think 26 sq feet is going to make a major difference .
Old 07-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #8
stephm0188
Mouseketeer

I don't think our room at POR felt small. They're somewhere around 314sq ft, compared to WL at 340. Not too bad. I felt like there was ample space for bags. Mine stayed open on the luggage bench, and there was plenty of hanging space in the vanity area. Our other two suitcases were open on the floor there, with a duffle on the shelf. We also had a stroller that we were able to leave unfolded and parked in a corner of the room with no troubles.
stephm0188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #9
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

I felt like there was plenty of room at WL and with the sf not much different I thought POR/POFQ would be fine. But when I look at the pics it looks small. So the closet is in the bathroom and you are saying there is space under that? There are 4 of us.

Last edited by My2CrazyGirls; 07-28-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #10
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
We always put 2 big suitcases on the ground next to each other and open as needed, and there is good closet space too (only stayed at WL and BC). Planning on POFQ or POR and the rooms look so small. How do you get creative with the space??
It may LOOK a lot smaller, but it's not.

Your 3 square foot suitcase is honestly not going to cut down on the usable size of your room.

Maybe they make the size of the rooms look different in the pictures to make you want to spend more to upgrade, but, really, the space your suitcase takes up is insignificant.
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #11
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I felt like there was plenty of room at WL and with the sf not much different I thought POR/POFQ would be fine. But when I look at the pics it looks small. So the closet is in the bathroom and you are saying there is space under that?
The closet is in the vanity area which is separate from the actual bathroom (toilet and tub/shower combo). There is a decent amount of space underneath the closet bar to store suitcases. After I unpack mine and DD's, our rather large Samonsonite's fit fine (standing) without taking up too much space. Even if you were to lay them down and stack them one on top of the other you'd be fine space-wise! Pictures can be deceiving.

Me (30) DD (5)
Old 07-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #12
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

I like to have at least 1 (prefer 2)suitcase with stuff in it and pull stuff out everyday, so I don't really want to store the suitcase away. I guess 1 would fit on that little bench thing. I would unpack more stuff but there doesn't seem to be much room for that either.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #13
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I like to have at least 1 (prefer 2)suitcase with stuff in it and pull stuff out everyday, so I don't really want to store the suitcase away. I guess 1 would fit on that little bench thing. I would unpack more stuff but there doesn't seem to be much room for that either.
In that instance, I'd definitely put one suitcase on the luggage rack. There is actually a decent amount of space to keep unpacked clothing and whatnot. Our last stay at POFQ was in 2010 and there was ample drawer space for my clothing as well as my daughter's. She was 15-months-old at the time and babies require a lot of things, from clothes to diapers to lovies and favorite toys. Between the drawer space and the shelf above the clothing pole I was able to put everything away.

Me (30) DD (5)
Old 07-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #14
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Many people will zipper the smaller suitcases inside the larger ones, or stack them on top of each other, laying on the floor under the closet rod in the bathroom. Plus the bench space for the suitcase. And in some rooms, you can fit them under the bed. Not all rooms though as some beds are on a platform.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:22 AM   #15
Junebugwv
DIS Veteran

When we had a split stay at POFQ and WL, we had plenty of room at POFQ for 3 of us and 5 suitcases. I distinctly remember wondering why WL felt more crammed. I know WL is larger but the set-up of the room was different.

I always put one suitcase between the wall and the bed, near the head of the bed. I use it as a little "table" for lip gloss, kleenex and my charging cell phone.
Junebugwv is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: