Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which specialty did you apply for?
Walt Disney World 210 74.47%
Disneyland 18 6.38%
runDisney 11 3.90%
Disney Vacation Club 26 9.22%
Disney Cruise Line 15 5.32%
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex 2 0.71%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #811
claireelise
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne033 View Post
This could be the week. Since the Mom Panel is all about helping other plan their magical vacations let's have a little fun and plan our own Disney dream vacation: Plan a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Disney. (cost is no object) Think resort accomodations, dining choices, park tickets, magical extras, touring plans, travel arrangements, etc. Go all out!!
Ok. Trip of my dreams!!!! Accommodations are tough. It's a toss up of bay lake tower, beach club or animal kingdom lodge. 2 weeks. 10 day park hopper passes. We would finally take advantage of the water parks, we would really use our resort and we would take our time. Probably go sometime in January/February. Would love to do a tour of each park. I know people think we are crazy but we absolutely do not under any circumstances use any type of touring plan. It takes all the fun out of it. As for dining, we would eat at all our favorite table service locations (Boma, O'hana, cape may, France, Germany, morocco) plus we try the tons we really want to experience. We would fly...first class. All of that is just off the top of my head. Did I mention I get on the website every now and then and plan this trip? So much fun!
claireelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #812
jbucci
DIS Veteran

Here is another great source of skirts: http://www.sparkleskirts.com/

They are expensive but wonderful! I have 2 different ones and love them, the built in shorts do not ride up and have awesome pockets. The skirt itself has a zippered pocket big enough for my iphone 5
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #813
Leighbra
Luckier than she deserves

OKAY!

DREAM Disney trip would start with 3 days in Disneyland, staying at the Grand Californian & a night in the Dream Suite. Dinner & dessert at Club 33.

I'll be enjoying first class as we hop from Santa Ana to MCO.

Then I'd have 5 days in WDW. Grand Floridian for 2 nights, a night in the dream suite & then to the Wilderness Lodge for the last 2 nights.

Grab your passports, ladies and gents! Because now we're headed to the OTHER Disney parks, via the 12-day Transatlantic cruise! First stop is Disneyland Paris for 3 days.

Just long enough to see the park & some of the city's sights before we go the long way home, with a 3-day stop at each Hong Kong Disneyland & Tokyo Disney.

Well, if I can't get this trip done by 2015, we'll have to add Shanghai Disneyland & wouldn't that just be terrible?

Oh, and then back home to see the kids.

I'm just kidding, I'm pretty sure I'd take them with me. If they could hack it. That's scratch the Disney itch for at least a couple months.
Leighbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #814
mjaclyn
Currently in Wonderland

Hi everybody!!! We're in WDW right now and having an amazing time!! Looking forward to see who makes it to round 2. I'm nervous and excited at the same time!!

mjaclyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #815
dizkrazkate
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Can you share the link? I've been looking for a Minnie running skirt. :-)

My son and I will be at WDW Nov 1-4.
I second the nomination for Sparkle Skirts. They have a couple that are Minnie themed. One or two of them even have a cute Minnie Mouse tail off the back! I have a "Sparkle Tech" in Tiara Blue, and LOVE it. I am 20lbs overweight, and it still is flattering and comfy for a run! Also they have great customer service and are a local to Florida, Made in the USA business!

*New Blog Post 11/15/13 Making R3*

1978-off site 1981- off site 1986 - Marriot World Center 1989-Magic Music Days off site 1991-Magic Music Days Caribbean Beach Resort 1993-Magic Music Days Caribbean Beach Resort 1998-Coronado Springs 2008-off site 2009-Kidani Village 2010-Saratoga Springs 2010-All Star Movies 2010-Kidani Village2011-Disneyland2011-BLT2012-Kidani2013-Villas at Wilderness Lodge2014-Kidani Princess Half Marathon!
dizkrazkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #816
momto2greatkids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaclyn View Post
Hi everybody!!! We're in WDW right now and having an amazing time!! Looking forward to see who makes it to round 2. I'm nervous and excited at the same time!!
I'm just a little jealous! Wish I was there! Have a great trip!! Good luck to everyone!

momto2greatkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #817
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizkrazkate View Post
I second the nomination for Sparkle Skirts. They have a couple that are Minnie themed. One or two of them even have a cute Minnie Mouse tail off the back! I have a "Sparkle Tech" in Tiara Blue, and LOVE it. I am 20lbs overweight, and it still is flattering and comfy for a run! Also they have great customer service and are a local to Florida, Made in the USA business!
Ok, silly question....are these skirts just for running? I'd like to wear something like those in the parks!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #818
momimouse27
Just a Big Kid!

Ooh! I need to catch up! We have an upcoming trip for November 12-18. Christmas will be up!,

Fave villain....I think Ursula because I watched Little Mermaid the other night. But i also love Cptn. Hook because he's mean but funny too.

Dream trip...hmm. I love it!

First, it would be ten days. I would stay the first half in the Grand Floridian and the second in either WL or Poly.
Definitely would have free Dining, and go to every one of my favorite restaurants. I'd do the Keys to the Kingdom...always wanted to do that!
I think I would do something new, like rent jet skis or go to the campfire sing along.
It would have to be in early December since I love Christmas

Btw, I got a email with free dining for spring also. It was not tied to the Visa.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #819
Kishberly
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenemmy View Post
Hi guys! group hug for all of us in the waiting room!

I have compulsively checked my email like an insane woman today. -- This may be a verrrrry long week.

Missed out on answering what my super power would be --- I would TOTALLY be able to clean rooms like Mary Poppins...sing a song, snap your fingers -- VOILA!! The clutter just hops back into place
Love this! Could have used it this weekend!!!

Kishberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #820
Kishberly
Earning My Ears

Quote:

It's the Stay, Play, Dine discount:

Disney Visa Stay, Play and Dine Offer
Travel Dates: for stays January 5 – March 5, 2014
Book By: December 31, 2013
Pay rack rate for your room, and get your park tickets and dining plan at a child's price!

Sample Savings:

•Book a 5-night, 6-day Magic Your Way package with dining and save up to $600!
•Book a 5-night, 6-day Magic Your Way package with Quick Service Dining and save up to $400!

Guests who book a vacation package at one of Disney’s Value Resorts will receive a discounted Disney’s Quick Service Dining Plan.

Guests who book a vacation package at Disney’s Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villas resorts will receive Disney’s a discounted Basic Dining Plan.

Guests can upgrade to other dining plans for an additional cost. The Magic Your Way base ticket can be upgraded with the Park Hopper, Water Parks & More or No Expiration option(s) for an additional fee.

Book now before this package becomes available for the general public on October 8, 2013!

Additional Details

•A $200 deposit using a Disney Rewards Visa Card or a Disney Rewards Debit Card will be required at the time of booking.

•This package includes a minimum 3-night accommodations and a minimum 2-day base ticket, plus a dining plan for the length of your stay. Everyone in party must purchase the same package. Other longer lengths of stay are available up to a 14 day maximum. Advance reservations required. The number of vacation packages available with this promotion are limited and are subject to availability.

•Offer excludes: Campsites, 3-Bedroom Villas, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, and The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

•Children ages 3-9 must order from the children's menu. Excludes gratuities and alcoholic beverages. Some table-service restaurants may have limited or no availability at time of package purchase.

•Tickets are for one Theme park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use.
Thanks for the info - heard something about this yesterday and am hoping I can leverage this for Mardi Gras vaca.
I'm letting our annual pass expire for the first time bc we are doing our main trip next year for DCL Alaskan ...was hoping for a good deal to do a long weekend soon... It's only been 4 months since the last trip and I'm going crazy :-)

Kishberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #821
jbucci
DIS Veteran

The skirts work just as well for walking around the park as they do for running, they also dry pretty quickly which can be a plus in the park.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #822
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This could be the week.

Since the Mom Panel is all about helping other plan their magical vacations let's have a little fun and plan our own Disney dream vacation:

Plan a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Disney.
(cost is no object)
Think resort accommodations, dining choices, park tickets, magical extras, touring plans, travel arrangements, etc. Go all out!!
I'm joining in! Better late, than never, right?? This is my second time applying for the MP and I'd LOVE to have the chance to do this! The hardest thing about this is that I use an old email for my Disney account and I rarely use that email on a regular basis! I keep forgetting to check it! Maybe this thread will help me!

My Once in a Lifetime trip? Hmm… I think it would be the week OF Christmas at Beach Club! We'd fly in- first class of course! Santa would visit us right there in our hotel room (and somehow the elves and fairies would get it ALL packed back up and sent home…).

We'd have Breakfasts:
  • 1900 Park Fare
  • Tusker House
  • Crystal Palace!
  • Kouzzina

We'd have dinners at the following locations:
  • Cinderella's Royal Table (family)
  • Le Cellier (Family)
  • Cape May (family)
  • Victoria and Albert's, Chef's Table (Clearly, date night!)
  • California Grill in time for Wishes! (family)

We'd catch La Nouba and maybe play some miniature golf…

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #823
momto2greatkids
Mouseketeer

Our trip of a lifetime would be:

2 weeks at WDW - because 1 week is never enough! We would do a split stay, 1 week at the Wilderness Lodge and 1 week at Bay Lake Tower. A night or two in the castle wouldn't be bad either!! Park hoppers and Deluxe Dining, of course. We LOVE to eat! Some of our favorite places to eat:

Breakfast:
Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, Akershus, Cape May Cafe

Lunch:
50's Prime Time, Sci-fi Drive in Theater, Tony's Town Square, The Plaza

Dinner:
Whispering Canyon, Teppan Edo, 1900 Park Fare,

Also, I'd love to throw in a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique package for DD and Pirates league for DS!

Isn't it fun to dream!!

momto2greatkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #824
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

I had all of my detailed answer typed out but it got erased.

Anyway, my dream vacation will be one week at a Grand Floridian in a new DVC Grand Villa with the extended family the week before Thanksgiving (low crowds, nice weather)
Then the week of Thanksgiving taking just my family on an eastern Caribbean cruise on the Disney Fantasy in the Walt Disney Suite.

I was considering catching an ABD in Europe, then the last Mediterranean cruise back to back with the Transatlantic on the Disney Magic then ending up with a week at WDW, but that seemed greedy, even in my imagination.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #825
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Ok, silly question....are these skirts just for running? I'd like to wear something like those in the parks!
I just looked at them and they're super cute. They're short so you'd want to wear them over shorts or capris but I don't see why you couldn't wear them in the parks. :-)

I'm definitely putting the Minnie skirt on my Christmas list. I have a long-term goal of running the Princess half but there's no reason I have to wait until then to get the outfit. ;-)
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: