Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which specialty did you apply for?
Walt Disney World 210 74.47%
Disneyland 18 6.38%
runDisney 11 3.90%
Disney Vacation Club 26 9.22%
Disney Cruise Line 15 5.32%
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex 2 0.71%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #3436
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrssmee View Post
I have to ask....do you know any of the Duck Dynasty people?
I love that show!!
It's okay, I have people ask me all of the time. Our town isn't very large so, yes, we see them all of the time and we have a lot of mutual friends.

Willie and Korie just bought my brother-in-law's house last week. It's going to be neat to see the house on television. Willie and Korie are, currently, close neighbors to my sister. Shhhh....don't tell 'em that I told you but Korie accidentally knocked down my sister's mailbox and Willie came back to put it back up. In Korie's defense, it's a tight squeeze where the mailbox is.

Jase and Jep and Martin all went to school with my nieces.

My daddy used to see Mr. Phil all of the time on the river when they were both commercial fishermen. My daddy's cousin is the one who gave Mr. Phil the start-up money for his duck call business.

John Luke, Sadie and Cole are all friends of my son's church friends and see each other from time to time at parties, social events, etc.

Willie and Korie were at my son Hunter's school for Homecoming and saw Hunter and stopped to talk with him. They asked when he was going to come by and put in a job application. (Last time they talked, Hunter wasn't old enough to work.) Of course, everybody wanted to know how Hunter knew them.

It's wonderful to see how the Duck Commander folks are giving our much needed economy a boost.

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #3437
MeffysMom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Cinder" Ella's Mom View Post
I am an English teacher too, high school. What level do you teach?
I also teach high school!

OKW -June 2011; OKW - April 2012; BW, BC, OKW - Nov. 2012; BLT, BC, OKW - July - Aug. 2013; OKW - Oct. 2013 (TOT 10 miler)

MeffysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #3438
Kae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaclyn View Post
Is anyone else driving their family crazy? DH is going to commit me soon if I don't stop bugging him.

Yesterday I sat him down and said "Tell me the truth. You've read my essays, watched my video, and you know approximately what the numbers are. Do you think I'm going to make Round 3 this year?"

DH: "Nope"

Me: "What?! You're my husband! You're supposed to support me!"

DH: "I do support you but you have to look at it like entering a sweepstakes. Have we ever won anything?"

Me: "No."

DH: "Well there you go"

Thanks for the vote of confidence honey!! Lol I can always count on him to bring me back down to Earth. When I ask him questions about the training trip he says "Stop thinking about that! The more you think about it the worse you're going to feel if you don't make it."

I know it might sound harsh, but he's totally right.
That is almost exactly what my DH said to me.

Kae
Oct 1999-POFQ May 1996-AS Music May 1994-Travel Lodge DTD Dec 1971-Contemporary
DisneyLand-March 2006
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #3439
Texashokies
Disney Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaclyn View Post
Is anyone else driving their family crazy? DH is going to commit me soon if I don't stop bugging him.

Yesterday I sat him down and said "Tell me the truth. You've read my essays, watched my video, and you know approximately what the numbers are. Do you think I'm going to make Round 3 this year?"

DH: "Nope"

Me: "What?! You're my husband! You're supposed to support me!"

DH: "I do support you but you have to look at it like entering a sweepstakes. Have we ever won anything?"

Me: "No."

DH: "Well there you go"

Thanks for the vote of confidence honey!! Lol I can always count on him to bring me back down to Earth. When I ask him questions about the training trip he says "Stop thinking about that! The more you think about it the worse you're going to feel if you don't make it."

I know it might sound harsh, but he's totally right.
He is wise man. For every person who makes it in, there are probably 10 other applications out there that were just as good. It is like any other job interview. It may come down to who you know or having one tiny thing in your application that speaks to someone on the panel.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #3440
whositsandwhatsits
Pixie Dust Away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
It's okay, I have people ask me all of the time. Our town isn't very large so, yes, we see them all of the time and we have a lot of mutual friends.

It's wonderful to see how the Duck Commander folks are giving our much needed economy a boost.
That's pretty cool!

We are OBSESSED with that show!!!! They are such good people, with a great work ethic, life philosophy and just so funny.

As to the odds...my hubs is chEARing me on...I'm the math person. But, I just keep repeating my mantra: Believe! Believe! Believe!

whositsandwhatsits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #3441
wintergreen
DIS Veteran

Hah! I didn't even tell my family I applied this year! Crazy, I know, but it's just easier that way. I tried to get my daughter to help me with the video last year, and I think she was just embarrassed for me. Oh well, they will certainly be surprised if I somehow manage to make it in!

"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."--John Maynard Keynes
"Too much of anything is bad, but too much Champagne is just right."--Mark Twain
wintergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #3442
whositsandwhatsits
Pixie Dust Away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintergreen View Post
Hah! I didn't even tell my family I applied this year! Crazy, I know, but it's just easier that way. I tried to get my daughter to help me with the video last year, and I think she was just embarrassed for me. Oh well, they will certainly be surprised if I somehow manage to make it in!
I noticed your Dis name...do you ski and/or vacation at Wintergreen?

Old 11-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #3443
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whositsandwhatsits View Post
That's pretty cool!

We are OBSESSED with that show!!!! They are such good people, with a great work ethic, life philosophy and just so funny.

As to the odds...my hubs is chEARing me on...I'm the math person. But, I just keep repeating my mantra: Believe! Believe! Believe!
They are amazing people and have done so much for our community. They really are good people and are exactly what you see on the show. No pretense whatsoever.

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #3444
wintergreen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I noticed your Dis name...do you ski and/or vacation at Wintergreen?
Yes! We love it there!

"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."--John Maynard Keynes
"Too much of anything is bad, but too much Champagne is just right."--Mark Twain
Old 11-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #3445
whositsandwhatsits
Pixie Dust Away!

Quote:
Yes! We love it there!
I live 25 minutes away on the Western side, down in the Valley Various friends have played (music) up there on the weekends.

I'm a TERRIBLE skier, but it's fun to have a slope nearby. I once got myself wrapped around a tree, skies completely inter-locked, under the ski lift. Yeah...that's how I roll.

Last edited by whositsandwhatsits; 11-11-2013 at 07:29 PM. Reason: lift...not life
Old 11-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #3446
wintergreen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I live 25 minutes away on the Western side, down in the Valley Various friends have played (music) up there on the weekends.

I'm a TERRIBLE skier, but it's fun to have a slope nearby. I once got myself wrapped around a tree, skies completely inter-locked, under the ski lift. Yeah...that's how I roll.
We have been going there since the kids were toddlers, but unfortunately just (literally just last week) had to sell our house there because we just weren't using it as much anymore, as the kids have gotten older. We love the bands at The Edge. We may have even heard your friends! Small world. :-) I'm not a great skier, either, but I do like to cruise down Eagle's Swoop.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #3447
whositsandwhatsits
Pixie Dust Away!

Quote:
We have been going there since the kids were toddlers, but unfortunately just (literally just last week) had to sell our house there because we just weren't using it as much anymore, as the kids have gotten older. We love the bands at The Edge. We may have even heard your friends! Small world. :-) I'm not a great skier, either, but I do like to cruise down Eagle's Swoop.

It is indeed a very small world!

Sorry to hear you sold your house! I've heard that life starts to get nuts once the kids get older and are into everything.

But, it's awesome that you had your second home on the top of a mountain. And, weekend getaways can be extra special too!

Old 11-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #3448
wintergreen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is indeed a very small world!

Sorry to hear you sold your house! I've heard that life starts to get nuts once the kids get older and are into everything.

But, it's awesome that you had your second home on the top of a mountain. And, weekend getaways can be extra special too!
You are absolutely right!

Old 11-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #3449
mrssmee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

Willie and Korie just bought my brother-in-law's house last week. It's going to be neat to see the house on television. Willie and Korie are, currently, close neighbors to my sister. Shhhh....don't tell 'em that I told you but Korie accidentally knocked down my sister's mailbox and Willie came back to put it back up. In Korie's defense, it's a tight squeeze where the mailbox is.

Jase and Jep and Martin all went to school with my nieces.

My daddy used to see Mr. Phil all of the time on the river when they were both commercial fishermen. My daddy's cousin is the one who gave Mr. Phil the start-up money for his duck call business.

John Luke, Sadie and Cole are all friends of my son's church friends and see each other from time to time at parties, social events, etc.

Willie and Korie were at my son Hunter's school for Homecoming and saw Hunter and stopped to talk with him. They asked when he was going to come by and put in a job application. (Last time they talked, Hunter wasn't old enough to work.) Of course, everybody wanted to know how Hunter knew them.

Wow, thanks for sharing all of that! It makes me happy to hear that they really are such a nice, down to earth family!
mrssmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #3450
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom14 View Post
Hi neighbor! I don't THINK my accent is that flat but I know that if you would have tied my hands down, I couldn't have spoken a word! Lol Did you have that problem also? I'm from Houma. Where are you from or if you prefer, where are you near?
In the beginning if my video my hands are at my sides. It shows my nervousness. Then as I get to the fun part if my story my hands start going. I think it shows my enthusiasm so I left it that way.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: