Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which specialty did you apply for?
Walt Disney World 210 74.47%
Disneyland 18 6.38%
runDisney 11 3.90%
Disney Vacation Club 26 9.22%
Disney Cruise Line 15 5.32%
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex 2 0.71%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #181
bcdavi
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twende View Post
It was just announced, the Mickey Moms Club is no more. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...ginPage&bhcp=1

"September 2013

Greetings from Disney Parks,

We appreciate you taking an active role in our Mickey Moms Club program through the years. We have made new friends and enjoyed seeing, hearing and sharing your enthusiasm about vacationing with your families at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort.

As we move forward with the growth of our Disney Parks social channels, we have decided to discontinue the Mickey Moms Club program website.

Today, Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort are more active than ever with social media. Some of the latest examples are our parks' presence on Instagram, Pinterest and Tumblr. Combined with the continued growth of the Disney Parks Blog, the Disney Parks Moms Panel, our Disneyland Facebook and Twitter pages and the Walt Disney World Facebook and Twitter pages, there are more social channels than ever for our Guests to visit.

There are also more specialized Twitter feeds for various areas of Disney Parks than ever before, and our family of individual & specialized Facebook pages has grown to include everything from runDisney to Star Tours: The Adventures Continue. There are official feeds for fans of Disney Cruise Line, Aulani A Disney Resort & Spa and more. And, we're looking to become part of other social channels as new ones debut.

We hope you will stay active with our Disney Parks social and digital media channels, and perhaps be introduced to some you may not have yet visited. We truly appreciate your support and for taking part in this program."
Even though I haven't been able to log in for a long time, I still proudly display my Moms Club bumper magnet still to this day!

Someday with a little Disney Magic I hope to place a Mom's Panel magnet beside it!

Best wishes and pixie dust to all of us!

Brenda.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:50 PM   #182
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj2610 View Post
So I just want to clarify, since this panel requires that you go within the past 12 months, since my last trip was from Aug 26 thru Sept 2 2012 and my next trip is not till Oct 16th this year I will not be able to apply?
Really???

Last trip was in Dec 2011. I've done two cruises since however (August 2012 and Feb 2013). Do have a land and sea deal going for Xmas of this year and a 7n booked for Xmas of next year.

If I don't meet that basic req, it would REALLY suck...
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #183
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

So - what advice you experienced R2 moms have for a first time applying dad? Should I have a 'describe yourself in 100 words or less ready'?

Does it close out soon? I know there's the potential requirement of flying down in December, and webcam reqs during R1 or R2. But what do you think helped you to pass to R2 and maybe what do you think did not help you not to pass to R2 or further?

TIA.

Old 09-06-2013, 04:48 AM   #184
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post

Really???

Last trip was in Dec 2011. I've done two cruises since however (August 2012 and Feb 2013). Do have a land and sea deal going for Xmas of this year and a 7n booked for Xmas of next year.

If I don't meet that basic req, it would REALLY suck...
Last year in the same situation I'd been told no. But later after cut off I was told by an applicant who didnt make R3 if you're going for DCL or ABD, those trips counted for your one year. I don't know what to believe.

The wording on the app said WDW or DL within the last calendar year so I didn't apply. This last year we went on an 8 night with WDW as a port day so I'm covered.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:52 AM   #185
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
So - what advice you experienced R2 moms have for a first time applying dad? Should I have a 'describe yourself in 100 words or less ready'?

Does it close out soon? I know there's the potential requirement of flying down in December, and webcam reqs during R1 or R2. But what do you think helped you to pass to R2 and maybe what do you think did not help you not to pass to R2 or further?

TIA.
I'm not experienced myself but since I followed this board all of last year I'll say that who gets through each round surprised the applicants and even current panelists who were visiting the boards.
I think R1 was open M-F last year with an applicant cutoff number. Essay and short answer for R1. A short video was required in round 2.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Old 09-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #186
Jenemmy
Mouseketeer

Hey guys! Talk to me a little bit about the Specialization areas. I applied every single year for Mom's panel, until the last 2 years. I opted out due to the fact that I had Disney Cruises scheduled at the time of the Mom's Panel Training. So, I have totally missed the boat (ha) when it comes to the specialty areas. In a way, it's like asking me to pick my favorite kid!

I'm just looking for general thoughts....I am tending to over-analyze a bit, I think. For instance, do you stand a better chance if you DON'T pick WDW?? I feel like that is the area that will be swamped with applicants. Then again, do I have enough experience to be in the running for DCL or DVC??? Hmmmmm

How do YOU all pick???

Me DH DS(17) DS (15) DD(8)
Disney Dream**Disney Magic**Disney Wonder
Old Key West**Grand Floridian**Contemporary
Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin
Port Orleans French Quarter**POP Century**All Star Music**All Star Movies
Vero Beach
Jenemmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #187
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenemmy View Post
Hey guys! Talk to me a little bit about the Specialization areas. I applied every single year for Mom's panel, until the last 2 years. I opted out due to the fact that I had Disney Cruises scheduled at the time of the Mom's Panel Training. So, I have totally missed the boat (ha) when it comes to the specialty areas. In a way, it's like asking me to pick my favorite kid!

I'm just looking for general thoughts....I am tending to over-analyze a bit, I think. For instance, do you stand a better chance if you DON'T pick WDW?? I feel like that is the area that will be swamped with applicants. Then again, do I have enough experience to be in the running for DCL or DVC??? Hmmmmm

How do YOU all pick???
But they only take one mom per specialty most years. Sometimes none. Whereas they take a lot of WDW moms.

I have done 3 DCL cruises (21 days) in the last year with only a single day at WDW, so that's what I go with.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Old 09-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #188
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Another new image posted by some of the current panelists on Facebook, which indicate Round 1 will run from September 9-13. The website listed currently just redirects to the "Coming Soon" page.

ETA: Per Twitter: @Gary_Jerry The #DisneyParks Moms Panel 2014 Search begins 9/9 @ 9 a.m. ET. Apply @ http://MomsPanelSearch.com pic.twitter.com/OjgCHH4Tia

https://twitter.com/Gary_Jerry/statu...39184647331842

Hope someone's lucky number is 9!
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV

*NEW!!!* August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89

Last edited by arbolita; 09-06-2013 at 07:54 PM.
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #189
MeffysMom
Earning My Ears

Checking in! I wasn't sure if I'd apply this year, I didn't think I'd have a trip this year, but we were able to spend two weeks at WDW this summer!!! I will also be back in Oct. for the TOT 10- miler! It will be my first race...any suggestions from our running experts?!?

I'm already nervous and excited about applying, and am so glad to have a group of people who understand!
MeffysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #190
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeffysMom View Post
Checking in! I wasn't sure if I'd apply this year, I didn't think I'd have a trip this year, but we were able to spend two weeks at WDW this summer!!! I will also be back in Oct. for the TOT 10- miler! It will be my first race...any suggestions from our running experts?!?

I'm already nervous and excited about applying, and am so glad to have a group of people who understand!
I've heard the Disney races are not the place to try for a PR but a good race to relax, take pictures as you go and enjoy the experience.
10 miles is easily doable. How much running experience do you have?
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Old 09-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #191
MeffysMom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
I've heard the Disney races are not the place to try for a PR but a good race to relax, take pictures as you go and enjoy the experience.
10 miles is easily doable. How much running experience do you have?
I am a total newbie...I started running in February. I will have a few 10 mile runs under my belt before October, but this will be my first race ever! My goal is to finish (without hurting myself) and to take LOTS of pictures

My DD9 & DH will be running the 5K that morning!

OKW -June 2011; OKW - April 2012; BW, BC, OKW - Nov. 2012; BLT, BC, OKW - July - Aug. 2013; OKW - Oct. 2013 (TOT 10 miler)

Old 09-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #192
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I am a total newbie...I started running in February. I will have a few 10 mile runs under my belt before October, but this will be my first race ever! My goal is to finish (without hurtin myself) and to take LOTS of pictures

What a fun first race!
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Old 09-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #193
MeffysMom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
What a fun first race!
It was great motivation...if I started running, I could register for a race at Disney World!

OKW -June 2011; OKW - April 2012; BW, BC, OKW - Nov. 2012; BLT, BC, OKW - July - Aug. 2013; OKW - Oct. 2013 (TOT 10 miler)

Old 09-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #194
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am a total newbie...I started running in February. I will have a few 10 mile runs under my belt before October, but this will be my first race ever! My goal is to finish (without hurting myself) and to take LOTS of pictures

That's not a newbie!

I'm on week 6 of the C25K program.... Last year, I half walk/half run on the CC5K. Hoping to be able to run the whole thing this December...

Old 09-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #195
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

BTW - the visiting WDW req... Is it before the application? Or would my xmas trip this year count?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: