Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which specialty did you apply for?
Walt Disney World 211 74.56%
Disneyland 18 6.36%
runDisney 11 3.89%
Disney Vacation Club 26 9.19%
Disney Cruise Line 15 5.30%
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex 2 0.71%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2013, 12:30 AM   #166
Twende
Best laid plans of Mouse and men.....

It was just announced, the Mickey Moms Club is no more. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...ginPage&bhcp=1

"September 2013

Greetings from Disney Parks,

We appreciate you taking an active role in our Mickey Moms Club program through the years. We have made new friends and enjoyed seeing, hearing and sharing your enthusiasm about vacationing with your families at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort.

As we move forward with the growth of our Disney Parks social channels, we have decided to discontinue the Mickey Moms Club program website.

Today, Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort are more active than ever with social media. Some of the latest examples are our parks' presence on Instagram, Pinterest and Tumblr. Combined with the continued growth of the Disney Parks Blog, the Disney Parks Moms Panel, our Disneyland Facebook and Twitter pages and the Walt Disney World Facebook and Twitter pages, there are more social channels than ever for our Guests to visit.

There are also more specialized Twitter feeds for various areas of Disney Parks than ever before, and our family of individual & specialized Facebook pages has grown to include everything from runDisney to Star Tours: The Adventures Continue. There are official feeds for fans of Disney Cruise Line, Aulani A Disney Resort & Spa and more. And, we're looking to become part of other social channels as new ones debut.

We hope you will stay active with our Disney Parks social and digital media channels, and perhaps be introduced to some you may not have yet visited. We truly appreciate your support and for taking part in this program."
Old 09-03-2013, 05:23 AM   #167
Canadian Disney Mom
Formerly Tollerwalker - original join date July 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twende View Post
It was just announced, the Mickey Moms Club is no more. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...ginPage&bhcp=1

"September 2013

Greetings from Disney Parks,

We appreciate you taking an active role in our Mickey Moms Club program through the years. We have made new friends and enjoyed seeing, hearing and sharing your enthusiasm about vacationing with your families at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort.

As we move forward with the growth of our Disney Parks social channels, we have decided to discontinue the Mickey Moms Club program website.

Today, Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort are more active than ever with social media. Some of the latest examples are our parks' presence on Instagram, Pinterest and Tumblr. Combined with the continued growth of the Disney Parks Blog, the Disney Parks Moms Panel, our Disneyland Facebook and Twitter pages and the Walt Disney World Facebook and Twitter pages, there are more social channels than ever for our Guests to visit.

There are also more specialized Twitter feeds for various areas of Disney Parks than ever before, and our family of individual & specialized Facebook pages has grown to include everything from runDisney to Star Tours: The Adventures Continue. There are official feeds for fans of Disney Cruise Line, Aulani A Disney Resort & Spa and more. And, we're looking to become part of other social channels as new ones debut.

We hope you will stay active with our Disney Parks social and digital media channels, and perhaps be introduced to some you may not have yet visited. We truly appreciate your support and for taking part in this program."
I have not been able to log in for years...
Past Trips to Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Disney Cruises:WDW-1: May 1998 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 2002 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2005 (All-Star Movies), WDW-4: Apr 2006 (SSR), WDW-5: April 2008 (AKV Jambo), WDW-6: Dec 2009 (AKV Kidani & SSR), WDW-7: Jul 2010 (AKV Jambo), WDW-8: Apr 2011 (Off Property), WDW-9: Jun-Jul 2012 (BLT, BWV & AKV Jambo), WDW-10: Dec 2012-Jan 2013 (AKV Jambo), WDW-11: Mar 2013 (BLT & AKV Kidani), WDW-12: June/July 2014 (AKV Jambo, VFW),WDW-13: Nov 2014 (VGF),WDW-14: Mar 2015 (BCV,BLT),DLR-1: Nov 2010 (Off Property), DLR-2: Jan 2012 (VGC), DCL-1: Jan 2012 (Disney Wonder 7 night MR)
Twitter ID: @CanadaDisneyMom
Canadian Disney Mom is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2013, 07:41 AM   #168
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

One week, y'all!
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #169
Skampigirl
To all who have come to this happy place, welcome!

Hi everyone!

I'm all strapped in and ready for the roller coaster ride. Made it to R2 the past 2 years so I'll be happy to get that far again (and even happier to get farther, LOL!

It's an emotional journey, that's for sure, but wouldn't miss it.

Wishing everyone tons of pixie dust and sending Disney hugs,

Laura

September 2012 / Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10 miler and Mickey's Happy Haunted Trail 5K / Port Orleans Riverside -- January 2013 - Tinkerbell Half Marathon & Neverland 5K, Disneyland / Disneyland Hotel -- November 2013 - Jingle Jungle 5K & Wine & Dine Half Marathon - Port Orleans Riverside -- January 2014 - Girlfriend trip, WL CL -- April 2014 - Mom trip - Boardwalk Inn -- August 2014 - Trip of a Lifetime - Adventures By Disney Cowboys & Canyons (Arizona and Utah) !

Skampigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:08 AM   #170
Skampigirl
To all who have come to this happy place, welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalecesjourney View Post
It's so great to see so many familiar faces on here from last year!

I'll be applying once again this year and fingers crossed that it's finally my year!

Hopefully I'll have time to keep up with all the action this year since I am currently 38 weeks pregnant and due in 10 days!

Wishing everyone the best of luck!
Congratulations!!! That's wonderful news! This is going to be your year - in many ways!!

It is comforting to see everyone here - we'll get through this together!

Big hugs

Laura

September 2012 / Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10 miler and Mickey's Happy Haunted Trail 5K / Port Orleans Riverside -- January 2013 - Tinkerbell Half Marathon & Neverland 5K, Disneyland / Disneyland Hotel -- November 2013 - Jingle Jungle 5K & Wine & Dine Half Marathon - Port Orleans Riverside -- January 2014 - Girlfriend trip, WL CL -- April 2014 - Mom trip - Boardwalk Inn -- August 2014 - Trip of a Lifetime - Adventures By Disney Cowboys & Canyons (Arizona and Utah) !

Skampigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #171
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Even though I hadn't been able to log onto the Mom's site for quite some time, it's still sad to see the official announcement that it's been done away with. That's okay 'cause I'll always be a Disney Mom at heart.

We are now just a week away from application day!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #172
Suzanne033
Nobody on their deathbed ever wishes they spent more time at the office.

Finally signing in.

I wasn't really sure if I wanted to take part in the hoopla this year after making it to Round 2 last year. However, I decided I would be missing out if I didn't ride this wave with the only people who completely understand the ups and downs of the DMP process.

Good luck to everyone!!!!
1986 - Off-Site; 1997 - Thanksgiving - Polynesian; 2001 - Christmas - All Star Sports; 2004 - Beach Club/Disney Wonder; 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 - AAU Volleyball Nationals @ WWoS; 2013 - Mom Panel Training - Boardwalk; 2014 - Christmas - Grand Floridian

MouseQuest Podcast - The MQ is your HQ for all things Disney
Suzanne033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #173
dwfanatic
DIS Veteran
Proud mommy of a new Disney "souvenir"!

I have a question and would like a candid answer from you guys- I was thinking about applying for this year again(I applied the first year) but we stay off site- I know that Disney 'knows' we did not stay onsite this year- do you think that factors into their picks??? Basically should I even bother?? What do you guys think?
WDW Oct 1998 (off property), May 1999 (ASMo), May 2000(ASMo), May 2001(off property & CSR), August 2001 (ASSp), July 2002 (Off property), December 2002 (ASSp), January 2004 (POP- Cole's first trip!), August 2004 (off property and AK), March/April 2005 (POP), August 2008 (off property and BC), August 2011 (off property), August 2013 (off property) May 2014- Cruising on The Magic- adults only August 2015- B2B cruise on The Dream...with the kiddos Disneyland-- too many times to count!
dwfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #174
MagicalPix
Disneyaholic

WOW - one week to go!!!!!!

I'm so excited!!!!

----------------------------
June/2000 Off Prop, Nov/2003 Off Prop,Oct/2007 All Star Movies, Nov/2008 Caribbean Beach, Nov/2009 POR French Quarter, April/2010 Hilton DD,
June/2010 Pop, April/2011 Pop, Oct 2011 Poly, June 2012 All Star Movies & Disney Dream, Jan 2013 POR Riverside Royal room
, Oct 2013 Art of Animation Lion King Suite, Feb 2014 Off Prop , Aug 2014 Pop
MagicalPix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #175
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwfanatic View Post
I have a question and would like a candid answer from you guys- I was thinking about applying for this year again(I applied the first year) but we stay off site- I know that Disney 'knows' we did not stay onsite this year- do you think that factors into their picks??? Basically should I even bother?? What do you guys think?
I don't think any of us really know. They want whoever is the best fit for their criteria. Which they don't publish.

Who knows and best wishes!
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Old 09-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #176
ticofan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwfanatic View Post
Of course you should apply. They need people to answer questions from every type of guest. There is no upside to not applying -- and think of all the fun and excitement from being in the waiting game with the rest of us.

Hope you decide to try again!
ticofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #177
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

I knew it was that time of year again. I'm glad to see the process will begin next week. Later in the week, the plan is to be at Disney. I was worried, I'd have to take a computer with me to fill out the application. Now I just have to find the time to fill out the application, since I will probably be working up until I leave. As a side note, I got the job to pay for runDisney events. I plan to Live tweet, please follow me @dashing2disney.

DisneyRunner2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #178
ammag
DIS Veteran

Hey guys..wondering what being on the moms panel really entails..after the training trip we would just do the email answering for the site right? Are there other events or activities? I will try for it regardless for fun but curious....
ammag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #179
smj2610
Ready for my theme park fix

So I just want to clarify, since this panel requires that you go within the past 12 months, since my last trip was from Aug 26 thru Sept 2 2012 and my next trip is not till Oct 16th this year I will not be able to apply?

Offsite 5 1979, Offsite 11,1985, Offsite 1995, Offsite 1996, Coronado Springs 1998, Port Orleans 1999, Wilderness Lodge 2000, Wilderness Lodge 2001, Wilderness Lodge 2003,Wilderness Lodge 2004, Wilderness Lodge 2005, Wilderness Lodge 2006, Polynesian CL 2007,Polynesian CL 2009,Wilderness Lodge Villas 2011, Contemporary 5/2012, Yacht Club 9/2012, Beach Club 10,2013, upcoming villas at wilderness lodge 7/2014
smj2610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #180
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj2610 View Post
So I just want to clarify, since this panel requires that you go within the past 12 months, since my last trip was from Aug 26 thru Sept 2 2012 and my next trip is not till Oct 16th this year I will not be able to apply?
I don't think so. But they haven't released this years official requirements yet. There's hope!
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: