Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #1
DonaldDuck21
Earning My Ears

E-Z rent-a-car

Never used this company before. Just wondering about people's experiences with this company. Just wondering why their rates are slow. Looking to book a car for September. Thanks
DonaldDuck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuck21 View Post
Never used this company before. Just wondering about people's experiences with this company. Just wondering why their rates are slow. Looking to book a car for September. Thanks
This is a great question cause i was wondering the same myself! I was quoted a TOTAL of $110 from Sunday to Friday (last week of August). I dont understand why they're so low compared to others. Im skeptical and wonder if they have hidden fees!

Hope someone with experience chimes in soon..... :

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2013, 12:02 PM   #3
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

We used EZ rental one time and didn't have any problems at all. They didn't try to push a bigger car or insurance on us.

I booked them through Priceline if I am not mistaken and got a full sized car for around $16 a day.

Just be sure not to use Advantage. Although they have low rates and claim to be in terminal at the airport in Orlando, they are not. They moved offsite.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #4
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12 View Post
We used EZ rental one time and didn't have any problems at all. They didn't try to push a bigger car or insurance on us.

I booked them through Priceline if I am not mistaken and got a full sized car for around $16 a day.

Just be sure not to use Advantage. Although they have low rates and claim to be in terminal at the airport in Orlando, they are not. They moved offsite.
Good to know. Thanks!

So for EZ, the quoted price online is pretty much all there is? there's no other hidden fee's?

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

Old 07-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
Ladygoldenhair
DIS Veteran

Do they allow debit/credit card. I usually use Alamo but they are $100 more. Are the cars clean? They advertise concierge service only with purchase of insurance? What happens if you have a break down or flat?
Thanks

Last edited by Ladygoldenhair; 07-28-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Ladygoldenhair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:31 AM   #6
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygoldenhair View Post
Do they allow debit/credit card. I usually use Alamo but they are $100 more. Are the cars clean? They advertise concierge service only with purchase of insurance? What happens if you have a break down or flat?
Thanks
If you break down or have a flat, it is on you. Their web site has all these answers for you. http://www.e-zrentacar.com/policies....rlando_Florida
Here are some reviews. http://www.yelp.com/biz/e-z-rent-a-car-orlando-2
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #7
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

I tried to use them once...
I walked and went to Hertz.

They refused to accept my credit card as primary and if I would not give them my personal insurance info they insisted they "HAD" to charge because "NO credit card is primary" (Yes, mine is!)

Then they tried to pass off a compact as a full size and admitted "when we are busy we resize the cars" (This was President's Day week) I know rental car companies don't use the normal standards but a 2 door compact is NOT a full size!
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:45 AM   #8
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
They refused to accept my credit card as primary
Sorry I dont follow. Can you explain? Why wouldnt they accept it?

Old 07-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #9
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
Sorry I dont follow. Can you explain? Why wouldnt they accept it?
Not a clue. I balked when they wanted my personal insurance info and told them they did not need that.. .the agent then "automatically" charged me the daily insurance rate. All I can assume is it's a "pressure sale" technique....

When they handed me the contract with that I objected he told me I was WRONG and my credit card was not primary and therefore he could not rent me a car as I was uninsured (Trust me I have damaged a rental car, my credit card IS primary!)

I then noticed the car type.... when I asked about that I was told "this week that is a full size, if you want a normal full size it's going to cost a lot more"

I decided that I didn't have to deal with this pressure to sell insurance and upgrades and walked! T
Luckily I had a back up because I was worried about using a no name company. Won't waste my time again!
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:18 AM   #10
JimboCh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
If you break down or have a flat, it is on you. _location=Orlando_Florida[/url]
[/url]
What section on that link says that?
JimboCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #11
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboCh View Post
What section on that link says that?
Should have added the telephone number to address the flat tire issue. 800-277-5171. Sadly, I know the policies of EZ from having worked at the airport for a long time and have heard the complaints. The link was provided to answer the general questions. Sadly, few people read the policies set forth by rental companies, or fail to call the customer lines. Sometimes it is not an issue, but, sometimes it is.
it is standard policy to not cover things like flat tires, lock out service, etc. Alamo, for instance, has a special program for that, it costs 4.99 per day. I believe it is called "road side assistance". You can look at that https://alamo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1656 most rental car companies have similar programs, EZ is one of them, called Conceirge.

Last edited by gmeh1; 07-30-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #12
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Not a clue. I balked when they wanted my personal insurance info and told them they did not need that.. .the agent then "automatically" charged me the daily insurance rate. All I can assume is it's a "pressure sale" technique....

When they handed me the contract with that I objected he told me I was WRONG and my credit card was not primary and therefore he could not rent me a car as I was uninsured (Trust me I have damaged a rental car, my credit card IS primary!)

I then noticed the car type.... when I asked about that I was told "this week that is a full size, if you want a normal full size it's going to cost a lot more"

I decided that I didn't have to deal with this pressure to sell insurance and upgrades and walked! T
Luckily I had a back up because I was worried about using a no name company. Won't waste my time again!
Is this a corporate credit card with your name on it? If so, you are not the primary, the corporation is, but, normally, it does not matter to most rental companies. You are primary only if you actually "own" the account.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:15 PM   #13
JimboCh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
Should have added the telephone number to address the flat tire issue. 800-277-5171. Sadly, I know the policies of EZ from having worked at the airport for a long time and have heard the complaints. The link was provided to answer the general questions. Sadly, few people read the policies set forth by rental companies, or fail to call the customer lines. Sometimes it is not an issue, but, sometimes it is.
it is standard policy to not cover things like flat tires, lock out service, etc. Alamo, for instance, has a special program for that, it costs 4.99 per day. I believe it is called "road side assistance". You can look at that https://alamo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1656 most rental car companies have similar programs, EZ is one of them, called Conceirge.
So they are pretty much all the same then inless you take the added coverage which hardly anyone every does.

I have never used EZ Car rental before but I am really tempted because of their low price.

I have to have a minivan, 5 adults and luggage.
dates are 9/27 to 10/5.

I have an EZ rental at $265 right now but still checking other agencies as the dates get closer.
I can't even get close to that price with any other car agency.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #14
JimboCh
Mouseketeer

Anyone back from using EZ Rental in August, if so how did it go?
I'm really tempted to try them. Rate dropped last Night to $195, all in for a MiniVan 9/27 - 10/5

10 % off code BE1D8 and 3% off (Like Facebook Discount)

Someone must have tried them recently?
Old 09-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #15
Ladygoldenhair
DIS Veteran

We leave Friday, but the EZ car rental is a couple of dollars more then the Thrifty " special" car. When I arrive I will see what I get at Thrifty, but have the EZ car to fall back on.
I will update after I decide Friday.
Ladygoldenhair is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: