Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #1
pixie teri
Earning My Ears

Pool hopping!

I am going to Caribbean beach,my parents are staying at kidani village AK and my brother at beach club. Can we swim at each others resorts?
Old 07-26-2013, 08:35 AM   #2
sonofanarchy
DIS Veteran

No.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #3
pixie teri
Earning My Ears

I thought the only pool we couldn't go to was the beach club!
Old 07-26-2013, 09:10 AM   #4
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

You have to be a registered guest at the resort to swim at the resort. This topic is sore to people,(not to me though )

Old 07-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #5
sonofanarchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie teri View Post
I thought the only pool we couldn't go to was the beach club!
You thought wrong. Sorry.

WDW Pools are for the sole use of registered guests of that resort.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:17 AM   #6
tmullane
Earning My Ears

Not entirely true.... We have stayed at Beach Club and spoke with Front desk. In which they provided a visitors pass for my brother, his wife, and my niece. They were staying at pop at the time. This may have been unusual practice, however it doesn't hurt to ask.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #7
sonofanarchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmullane View Post
Not entirely true.... We have stayed at Beach Club and spoke with Front desk. In which they provided a visitors pass for my brother, his wife, and my niece. They were staying at pop at the time. This may have been unusual practice, however it doesn't hurt to ask.
This is not usual practice. Perhaps it was during slow season.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #8
pixie teri
Earning My Ears

Honestly if u are a paying guest at a resort and so are ur family members why would it be a big issue?
Old 07-26-2013, 01:13 PM   #9
pixie teri
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2TwoMickeys View Post
You have to be a registered guest at the resort to swim at the resort. This topic is sore to people,(not to me though )

I can understand if family wasn't paying to stay onWDW property but if they are why would it be a big deal?
Old 07-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #10
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
I can understand if family wasn't paying to stay onWDW property but if they are why would it be a big deal?
Because each resort is separate from all of the others. You are paying for a say at a particular resort, and you are only allowed to use the amenities of that specific resort. Disney's rules.

If you want to all swim together you either need to stay at the same resort, or spend a day at one of the waterparks.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:18 PM   #11
sonofanarchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Honestly if u are a paying guest at a resort and so are ur family members why would it be a big issue?
Because, they're not paying to stay there. The pools have a capacity limit. Beach Club's pool is tight as is with the Yacht, Beach Club and Villas. If they start letting people in from other resorts, it becomes overcrowded.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #12
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Its frustrating when you pay BIG money to stay at Deluxe resorts and cant get a chair by the pool or the beach and you know there are "visitors"

What happened at the Poly 4th of July was ridiculous and I would have spoken to management! The resort was over run with visitors, the whole beach was covered with ppl, ppl who were carrying chairs from ppl patios, from the pool. It caused horrendous lines at the Capt Cooks..

While I frequent resorts to eat or shop (like GF) I dont understand why ppl (not you OP you have family at resorts) dont just book the resort they want to swim at?

while I normally have an issue with visitors swimming if you get permission from the resort thats totally different but that is VERY rare.. Especially in summer, spring or christmas seasons..
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012

Old 07-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #13
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Its frustrating when you pay BIG money to stay at Deluxe resorts and cant get a chair by the pool or the beach and you know there are "visitors"

What happened at the Poly 4th of July was ridiculous and I would have spoken to management! The resort was over run with visitors, the whole beach was covered with ppl, ppl who were carrying chairs from ppl patios, from the pool. It caused horrendous lines at the Capt Cooks..
The only thing Disney has a rule against visitors using are the pools. Visitors are free to hang out on the beaches and eat at the restaurants. Lifeguards should definitely be asking for IDs for those people at the pool, but the beaches are fair game for anyone to use. Disney doesn't say only guests of the resort can use the beach chairs or be on the beach.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #14
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you are paying $150 a night to stay at CBR with their far less engaging pool, why would it be okay to use the pool attached to the room costing several hundred per night? Deluxe prices are higher because of the higher and better amenities... You can't pay less but benefit from the more expensive luxuries.

If you ask and and they give you a pass, feel free. But I wouldn't expect it.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #15
pixie teri
Earning My Ears

I am just trying to spend some time with my family not trying to win one over on Disney! I have stayed at Ak villas before with my parents personally I like CB pool and am happy with their amenities. Didn't expect people to be so
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: