DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
CPTJAK
Mouseketeer
 
CPTJAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ILLINI
Posts: 310

Should I raise my price?

I had an offer for a loaded (12 forward SSR contract 150pt Sept use) accepted at 63 pp plus closing/2013 mfs.

My question is should I raise my offer price after it was accepted, just wondering if it will be taken or not.
__________________
CPTJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #2
lorie13
Mouseketeer
 
lorie13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 217

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

You will make one buyer very sad and they may back out. Can you do it, yes, is it "ethical", that is something you need to decide. Personally I would not do it and if I was a buyer and it happend to me I would walk.
lorie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
dbs1228
DIS Veteran
 
dbs1228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 2,143

This DID happen to me and I walked away. This just goes to show that not only buyers need to do their homework so do sellers!!! Not sure who if anyone advised you as to the pricing but it seems on the lower end for todays market. I know when I listed my SSR contract back in beginning of March (only 2013 points and forward) I was advised to list mid 60's and probably get lower 60's - I listed for 66.00PP and got 63.00 in a few days. The market has taken off since then and SSR loaded are being listed for low 70's and getting it.

With that being said I personally would not go up on my price after I accepted an offer. I consider that a contract and would not want anyone to do this to me.
__________________
1995 - 2010 Ft Wilderness Cabins every year! OKW, BLT 2010 & 2011 AKV 2011 THV 2012




dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #4
ImagineerTHAT
Imaginerd
 
ImagineerTHAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 189

Yep, I agree. I would leave the price where it's at. Someone got the deal they wanted and is looking forward to their contract that you agreed to. I would walk away if someone did that to me.
ImagineerTHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #5
Apps
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 174

I think its kinda shady to back away but you are probably losing close to $1k. All I see SSR selling for now is $70 and above.
Apps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #6
dmunsil
Disney Uber-Nerd
 
dmunsil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kirkland, WA, former home of Costco!
Posts: 801

I may be wrong, but I got the impression that the OP is the buyer and is asking if they should up their offer to lower the risk of ROFR.

If that's the case, I don't actually think you have a huge chance of being taken. Disney has not been doing many ROFR exercises on SSR lately, and the last one recorded that I saw was $59/pt. If you want some extra insurance, you could take it up another $2-3 and I think your chances of having it taken would be extremely low.

It's really just a matter of how much it's worth to you to not have to find another contract. If it's worth a lot, then sure, raise the offer. I can't imagine the seller will turn it down.
dmunsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #7
collections
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Central CT
Posts: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTJAK View Post
I had an offer for a loaded (12 forward SSR contract 150pt Sept use) accepted at 63 pp plus closing/2013 mfs.

My question is should I raise my offer price after it was accepted, just wondering if it will be taken or not.

Are you the buyer or seller? From your post I couldn't tell if you are the buyer, hoping to raise their per point offer so that Disney does not take the contract in ROFR, or the seller who is having regrets about not asking more for a contract you listed for sale.

So are you buying or selling?

Either way my answer would be leave things as they are.
collections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #8
Apps
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by collections View Post
Are you the buyer or seller? From your post I couldn't tell if you are the buyer, hoping to raise their per point offer so that Disney does not take the contract in ROFR, or the seller who is having regrets about not asking more for a contract you listed for sale.

So are you buying or selling?

Either way my answer would be leave things as they are.
I agree. The post was ambiguous enough that i was confused
Apps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #9
CPTJAK
Mouseketeer
 
CPTJAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ILLINI
Posts: 310

Sorry,

I am the buyer and was thinking of giving the seller more money per point to increase my chances of the contract getting by Disney ROFR.
__________________
CPTJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:40 PM   #10
Apps
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTJAK View Post
Sorry,

I am the buyer and was thinking of giving the seller more money per point to increase my chances of the contract getting by Disney ROFR.
I think you are fine. I passed in Feb/March timeframe at $62 at SSR
Apps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #11
rackle
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTJAK View Post
I had an offer for a loaded (12 forward SSR contract 150pt Sept use) accepted at 63 pp plus closing/2013 mfs.

My question is should I raise my offer price after it was accepted, just wondering if it will be taken or not.
I would do what you feel comfortable with. There was a similar one that was taken recently (1mamma2three---$62-$10,671-150-SSR-Sept-300/'13, 150/'14, 150/'15 -sent 6/26, taken 7/23). Yours may pass though. It's hard to say. Has it already been submitted to Disney? I know our broker told us they submitted it the day we agreed (whether that actually happens that fast might different story though).
rackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #12
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002
 
KAT4DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 9,331

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTJAK View Post
Sorry,

I am the buyer and was thinking of giving the seller more money per point to increase my chances of the contract getting by Disney ROFR.
There is no clear threshold for what Disney takes back and doesn't take back so no, I would not raise the price. If it is taken then just try again but to offer more than has already been accepted is probably just giving more funds to the seller when not needed.
__________________
Kathy

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #13
Msmithmd
DIS Veteran
 
Msmithmd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,109

Dean posted in a separate thread a few days ago that Disney historically has allowed a purchaser/seller to not close out a contract that Disney has exercised ROFR on- that is, not actually sell it to Disney. And to then resubmit for ROFR the same contract, with a higher purchase price.

I have no personal knowledge on this, but generally find Dean to be a true timeshare realty expert. I'd stay at your current offer based on this. Maybe check with your broker to see if they know about this possibility...
Msmithmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #14
NoleFan
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 716

I would keep as is & not try to "chase rofr." There are so many SSR contracts out there.
__________________
DVC Member 2013
Boardwalk Villas
Beach Club Villas
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #15
dbs1228
DIS Veteran
 
dbs1228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 2,143

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTJAK View Post
Sorry,

I am the buyer and was thinking of giving the seller more money per point to increase my chances of the contract getting by Disney ROFR.
Wow that makes me feel so much better ! You need to pay what you feel comfortable paying. ROFR is tricky and cannot be predicted. The good news is they do not take very many SSR contracts and 63.00PP is not really low (for Disney to snag it) but one never knows what they will do. The one thing I do know is there will always be another contract if they do take this one. I had 2 taken but in the long run the 3rd that was accepted is by far the best for me and my family (price was not the best but # of points UY and loaded!) Good luck
__________________
1995 - 2010 Ft Wilderness Cabins every year! OKW, BLT 2010 & 2011 AKV 2011 THV 2012




dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.