Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
Chachi
Earning My Ears

Gay Days Anaheim 2013

It's creeping up on October. who's going? My BF and I will be there for the first time. still trying to determine where to stay? any suggestions I'm definitely more the Disney fan and he is more the party and socializing type.
Chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
insoin

DIS Veteran

I will be there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachi View Post
It's creeping up on October. who's going? My BF and I will be there for the first time. still trying to determine where to stay? any suggestions I'm definitely more the Disney fan and he is more the party and socializing type.
Hi I will be there for my first Gay Days in Disneyland this year. Where to stay is all a matter of choice. Onsite or offsite is a lot different out there than it is in WDW, I'm staying offsite at the Best Western right across from the entrance.
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
Chachi
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by insoin View Post
Hi I will be there for my first Gay Days in Disneyland this year. Where to stay is all a matter of choice. Onsite or offsite is a lot different out there than it is in WDW, I'm staying offsite at the Best Western right across from the entrance.
That's cool. It's looking like we may stay at the Annabella.(includes free Parking)
we're really looking forward to the visit. even going to get VIP passes. I'm very excited for Cars Land. what are you looking forward to?
Old 07-26-2013, 08:04 AM   #4
lego606
Mouseketeer

I'll be there, hopefully Disney will give me one of the days off haha
Old 07-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #5
Chachi
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego606 View Post
I'll be there, hopefully Disney will give me one of the days off haha
cool. well I'm totally down for hanging out. and if you don't get time off I can just come harass you on your shift. lol. what will you be doing? do you know yet? I have some friends that have done DCP at WDW. Lifeguard and two were in entertainment.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #6
lego606
Mouseketeer

Quote:
cool. well I'm totally down for hanging out. and if you don't get time off I can just come harass you on your shift. lol. what will you be doing? do you know yet? I have some friends that have done DCP at WDW. Lifeguard and two were in entertainment.
Attractions, though I have no idea which. So if you come harass me at my shift you might get an extra FastPass
Old 07-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #7
Chachi
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego606 View Post
Attractions, though I have no idea which. So if you come harass me at my shift you might get an extra FastPass
Yay Magical.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:52 PM   #8
Ingrid0382
Mouseketeer

I've been checking the website since we booked, hoping that more events or ticket sales will be announced that we can bring our little guys to. I was going to just purchase the VIP passes, but we don't plan on having a sitter/nanny and it doesn't look like the events are geared towards people with kiddos (even though they sure look FUN ).

Historically, are there any events announced closer to October that are kid-friendly? I sent an email asking the same question to the addy on gaydaysanaheimdotcom, but I thought I would ask and see if anyone here has some thoughts.

Do you know I didn't even realize this board existed until about five minutes ago?
Ingrid0382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:49 PM   #9
Chachi
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingrid0382 View Post
I've been checking the website since we booked, hoping that more events or ticket sales will be announced that we can bring our little guys to. I was going to just purchase the VIP passes, but we don't plan on having a sitter/nanny and it doesn't look like the events are geared towards people with kiddos (even though they sure look FUN ).

Historically, are there any events announced closer to October that are kid-friendly? I sent an email asking the same question to the addy on gaydaysanaheimdotcom, but I thought I would ask and see if anyone here has some thoughts.

Do you know I didn't even realize this board existed until about five minutes ago?
There is a "family" meet on Saturday at noon and there is a scavenger hunt/ trivia event at 11:30 that same day. For the most part anything happening in the parks or during the day is totally family/kid friendly.
And I would say its a safe bet that anything planned around meals ie lunch meets or brunch event are pretty family friendly as well.

It is Disney after all and most everyone is respectful of making sure everyone is having a good time.

The VIP events are all geared towards adults, so if you aren't going to have babysitters I wouldn't bother with the VIP. Maybe use that money towards other events. Like brunch or scavenger hunt fee.

As far as adding events it seemed that they were adding events and guests up to the last minute. It is near Hollywood so celebrities schedules are always opening up and changing.

I have not been. But this info is from research and observations.

Hope it all works out for you. Where will you be staying? How old are your kids?
Old 08-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #10
insoin

DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's cool. It's looking like we may stay at the Annabella.(includes free Parking)
we're really looking forward to the visit. even going to get VIP passes. I'm very excited for Cars Land. what are you looking forward to?
I was just there this past Feb. so I don't think anything is that new since then. Cars Land is gonna be awesome of course. I want to see the HM Holiday overlay.

I'm going to be visiting a friend that lives out there but would love to meet up with some of you all.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #11
Chachi
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by insoin View Post

I was just there this past Feb. so I don't think anything is that new since then. Cars Land is gonna be awesome of course. I want to see the HM Holiday overlay.

I'm going to be visiting a friend that lives out there but would love to meet up with some of you all.
No meet up has been officially set as far as I know. I am totally up for some hang out time. It's my first Gay Days so I want to make it a blast.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #12
Gypsybear
It's all about the Villains

We will be there....this will be my 2nd GDs at DL (the 1st was all the way back in 1997)....and this will be my Bear's 1st GDs at DL....can't wait for that, and the Halloween Party...
Gypsybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:45 AM   #13
ashley0139
DIS Veteran

I will hopefully have my annual pass by then and I would love to make it down there that weekend. Would be totally into a meet up since I will probably be coming alone!

Pre-Trip Report 2009: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2293006

Pop Century October 19-26, 2011

Pre-Trip Report 2011: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2796928
Trip Report 2011:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2867080
ashley0139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #14
old lady
DIS Veteran

I have no problem with Gay day. They should have a day for their own the same way hetero lovers should. I don't like it when gays or hetero kiss or hug in public or grab each other. They should go to room in the Pacific hotel.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #15
Eclectic Goddess
My Ears are a Pair of Devil Horns

We're going again this year! Got the red shirts ready.

For the past couple years we've been going down Thursday through Sunday afternoon, but this year we're shifting it back a day so we can be there for the Sunday night events. The VIP firework viewing sounds very cool!

Disneyland Trips
Fall 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 ~ Gay Days Anaheim
Winter 2013 ~ Off Season Magic
*Fall 2014 ~ DF's Birthday Extravaganza!*
*January 2015 ~ Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend*
*Spring 2015 ~ Star Wars Celebration*

Orlando Trips
Fall 2010 ~ Harry Potter Emersion Therapy / Visit to the ‘World
Spring 2012 ~ Taking the HLP on Holiday!
Spring 2014 ~ Princess Half Marathon Weekend / Wizarding World
Eclectic Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disneyland 2013, gay, gay days

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: