Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #16
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for all the feedback everyone, I really appreciate it! You've all given me a lot to think about. The practical side of me says to skip CL if we're not going to make full use of it, but there's another part of me that just wants to splurge for this special trip! Guess I'll need to sleep on it a little longer before booking. (Oh, what a dilemma to have....)
Old 07-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #17
Aristocath
DIS Veteran

At what resort do you plan to stay? I think some CLs have better benefits than others, like the Hawaii building and huge lounge at the Poly. I wouldn't book CL based on alcohol if you are a wine drinker. I thought the wine they offered was horrible. I think the lounge was most useful for us for breakfast and snacks for the pool in the afternoon. We seldom made it to the evening offerings as we were usually headed back to the parks around 5.
Aristocath is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #18
Mrsjvb
DIS Veteran

okay not QUITE the same concept, but we stay in suites on our cruises, which come with a CL and a limited continental brekkies.

we stop by there either before or after 'real' breakfast in the main dining room( if I do not get my eggs benedict daily, I get very Grumpy. the Dwarf ain't got nuttin on me . ) He gets his fancy schmancy coffee, I get a second piece of cranberry spice bread. Everybody wins.

nothing says that the breakfast is the only reason to book or not book, if you think you would use the lounge at other times of the day, then book it. even if you stop by and grab a pastry to nosh on on your way to the TS meal...
Mrsjvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #19
WisconsinDad
Mouseketeer

Instead of splurging on CL, I would splurge with appetizers and drinks at the lounge each night. That way you can get what you want and not be limited to the selection in CL.
WisconsinDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #20
kpm76
DIS Veteran
Charlie Brown is competing with my college basketball game

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinDad View Post
Instead of splurging on CL, I would splurge with appetizers and drinks at the lounge each night. That way you can get what you want and not be limited to the selection in CL.
That's a nice idea, but depending on the kind of discount you can get, it may cost more to do that. Additionally, I have to say that I never thought I would use IPO with pre-planning because I am a super duper planner....BUT, they have have extremely helpful with a few questions I have had regarding booking specialty items. I'm realizing this time that the cost of CL is more than bagels and coffee in the morning.....
kpm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #21
ToyStory3
DIS Veteran

We like CL and breakfast is one of the biggest perks for us. No standing in line or purchasing. Everyone gets what they want rather quickly and we're off to the parks. We like the selection and atmosphere. And, we never go into CL trying to get our money's worth. It will never happen - it's a splurge. But, since breakfast is the only meal that you truly get I don't think I'd stay CL if I weren't going to eat breakfast there. I wouldn't be able to justify paying for both.

ToyStory3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:47 AM   #22
gogo
DIS Veteran

I would still book CL even if you don't use the lounge for breakfast. My son is an older teen and he sleeps in much later than me. I get up early and head to the lounge for my coffee and maybe a pastry and fruit. There is also juice, yogurt, etc. I have several cups of coffee, relax at the lounge or take it back to the room. I book a late breakfast for us or an early lunch.

If you want to experience CL and money is not a prohibitive factor, then I would do it. We've stayed at BWI CL the last two years and we really enjoy it! If you are not planning on being at the parks from morning to late at night, CL can really enhance your resort stay.
gogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #23
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

If you aren't worried about budget I would do it! Its your 20th wedding anniversary and that is special!

CL is more than breakfast as other folks have said. I don't use IPO for ADRs either but I have used them to help change ADR's - meaning I have an ADR but I want it at another time. Let them do the research to see if other dates or times are available!

Grabbing a lemonade or some drinks and snacks before heading to the pool is a nice convenience.

DH and I enjoy the apps before dinner. This way you come back, get changed, have little snackies in the lounge with a glass of wine and then head out to a later dinner. On the nights when we didn't do a late dinner coming back to the lounge for a cordial and dessert was really nice. We love that at BWI because then you can watch Illuminations while you enjoy your dessert!

Have fun planning! and Congratulations on 20 years!

LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #24
Runnergal
Mouseketeer

Probably not. As much as I love concierge, a big reason I like it is that it makes breakfast with the kids so easy and convenient. If you are going to be going out to big breakfasts, I say skip concierge. Also, without kids in tow you can hop between resorts and parks as you wish and enjoy dinner and cocktails at so many different venues rather than use the lounge offerings.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #25
jperrot1
DIS Veteran

If I have the money for it my answer is yes, absolutely, with no reservations. club level is an experience that is magical without a doubt. There is lots more to club level than breakfast. In fact I would recommend anyone staying at club level to not think about the breakfast. Book all the character breakfasts your heart desires. If you happen to be at your resort during a breakfast, then enjoy.

I hope you two decide to stay club level, and happy 20th
jperrot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #26
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperrot1 View Post
If I have the money for it my answer is yes, absolutely, with no reservations. club level is an experience that is magical without a doubt. There is lots more to club level than breakfast. In fact I would recommend anyone staying at club level to not think about the breakfast. Book all the character breakfasts your heart desires. If you happen to be at your resort during a breakfast, then enjoy.

I hope you two decide to stay club level, and happy 20th
Totally agree! I wish we had the money for it more often! We've only done Poly CL and WL CL and they were both awesome.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:45 AM   #27
Fantaluminishes
To all who come to this happy place, welcome!

For two people, couldn't imagine paying the extra money for CL. If I'm already at a deluxe resort, I don't think I'd need a lounge, or "continental" breakfast. It's a "deluxe" resort. If I want the food I've read about, I can stay at a Hampton Inn. Also, I don't drink, and when I'm at WDW, I'm not about spending early/dinner hours at a resort unless I'm going to a TS restaurant.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:04 AM   #28
rmgreenesq
Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe of ohio View Post

I want a full breakfast. Not some token mouse meal that CL serves.... Eggs, bacon, home fries, toast juice and coffee with the option for pancakes .....

Yeah, like the buffet that the Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista includes in its room rate.

Seriously, the only advantage I see in Club Level is the IPO. Maybe it is my imagination, but I seem to get a better table when the IPO makes the rezzie for me. Like the table for two at the window in the northwest corner of the California Grill we got 30 minutes before Wishes, the Magic Kingdom's firework show.

Or the table for two on the rail on the patio at the Rose and Crown for illuminations. The IPO set that up. Not sure if I would have gotten that table if that ADR was booked through the website.

Realize that this is anecdotal evidence and your experience may vary.

Rick
rmgreenesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #29
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

I don't think it would be, but then again I'm not sure I would ever stay CL.

While I do lean more towards continental breakfast than a full on meal I find the upcharge for CL does not offset what I would get.

However if you think that you will use the midday snacks or nightly appetizers plus the drinks it might be worth it to you but breakfast is a third of the offerings.

I would not spend the money on CL if I was going to skip 1/3 of the benefits.

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #30
Kincade
Earning My Ears

We have done CL at the Grand Floridian the past two summer trips and will be coming the week of 8/3 and are trying CL at the Contemporary for the first time with a MK view.
I've read some of the opinions, understanding BIG breakfast eaters may feel a bit confined, but CL has been an amazing upgrade for our family.
We love the relaxing lounges, I had a glass of champagne every night before dinner and it was a mid-grade brand. The hot and cold offerings at Happy Hour were very nice. Desserts were at least a solid B.
I would recommend a CL stay to anyone.
Kincade is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: