Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
ldhr2005
Mouseketeer

Bad Disney Mom, ADR issue

Does anyone know when the best time is to log into the Disney website to try and see if any ADR's have been cancelled? Normally I have my dining booked as soon as I possibly can for our trip. This year life took over, and I totally spaced it out. So, now I cannot get a ressie for my DD annual birthday breakfast at CRT. I thought we were good...doing other things instead...until I told her and she started crying her eyes out. So, from now until our trip I will be checking every day. Any advice???
ldhr2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
belle912
Mouseketeer

I would check back anytime your online. You never know when you will get lucky..... What about Akershus, have you tried for a reservation there instead as a backup? It is just about as good, great food, princesses at the table. Just no wishing ceremony.....

Good luck!!
belle912 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldhr2005 View Post
Does anyone know when the best time is to log into the Disney website to try and see if any ADR's have been cancelled? Normally I have my dining booked as soon as I possibly can for our trip. This year life took over, and I totally spaced it out. So, now I cannot get a ressie for my DD annual birthday breakfast at CRT. I thought we were good...doing other things instead...until I told her and she started crying her eyes out. So, from now until our trip I will be checking every day. Any advice???
I checked for an Ohana reservation three times a day until I got one. I noticed them going back into the system at different times. I imagine it refreshes every few hours or so.

I usually tried mid morning, mid afternoon, and late night... Right after people typically call around their work schedule.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
limegreenmonorail
Mouseketeer

Yikes! Don't give up. Keep checking for reservations, and you're bound to find one. Especially since folks have paid in full and know there's a 24-hour cancellation policy...if someone can't make it to their reservation for some reason, they'll most likely cancel at least 24 hours in advance so they can get a refund. So I bet you'll find a couple of times open up before you hit the 24 hour mark.

Better have a back up plan, though, just in case...perhaps breakfast at Crystal Palace (really fun for birthdays!), then an appointment for BBB in the castle right after, so she can still have the "princess in the castle" experience? Or try the Princess Storybook Breakfast at Akershus in Epcot? Or a birthday dinner instead, at 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella? Or could you do lunch or dinner at CRT?

I don't know how old your DD is, but how about the Family Magic Tour on the morning of her birthday? Then Be Our Guest for lunch, BBB that afternoon, then 1900 Park Fare for dinner, once she's all princess-y. That would be an awesome birthday, in my opinion.

WDWCP Spring 2003
WDW Professional Internship 2007
20+ trips to Disney and counting!
limegreenmonorail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #5
ldhr2005
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the responses! We have done Akershus before, and I asked her...a no go. I have a back up plan in place. But, I think, (as she is almost "over" princess's @ almost 7...IF you can even imagine that!), it is more about the tradition of it than the actual Princesses. I have thought about trying to do lunch at BOG as well, but we will see. We are doing MNSSHP that night (another tradition, lol) and this hyear it happens to fall on her actual bday. I have ressies for Crystal Palace for dinner just in case this doesn't happen. She would get over it- especially if we are there. But, I feel like this is something that she is going to grow out of so fast- if I can make it happen, I want to.
ldhr2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #6
purple figment
DIS Veteran

You have to be persistent and check online multiple times a day. The cancellations seem to go back into the system immediately so it's a matter of luck to be checking just as the one you want re-enters the system. Breakfast on one specific day is limiting - would your daughter be willing to extend her birthday tradition to lunch or to a different day during the trip because then you would have more options for ADRs and she would be celebrating her birthday for even longer.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: