Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
HollyJoy
DIS Veteran

Writing to the Characters

So I probably should have checked here before actually doing it, but no harm I guess. I found on Pinterest that your child can write to a character (address is that of Disney Communications) and in return, they will receive an autographed photo of that character. Just wondering if this is in fact true. My daughter drew a picture for Ariel, and one for Rapunzel. We mailed them off. I was smart enough not to tell her to expect anything in return though! lol

Visit my blog
HollyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
Jenn2213
Earning My Ears

I did this with my second grade class. We did gett a reply, but in our case, even though we mailed each letter separately (to various characters), we got one class letter from Mickey and 24 postcards with all the friends (Mickey, Donald, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy) and their "autographs" It took 4-5 weeks to come back, it was a generic letter with no reference to anything they said in their letter. That being said, the kids LOVED getting mail from Disney and I will definitely do it agaain next year.
Jenn2213 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
HollyJoy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn2213 View Post
I did this with my second grade class. We did gett a reply, but in our case, even though we mailed each letter separately (to various characters), we got one class letter from Mickey and 24 postcards with all the friends (Mickey, Donald, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy) and their "autographs" It took 4-5 weeks to come back, it was a generic letter with no reference to anything they said in their letter. That being said, the kids LOVED getting mail from Disney and I will definitely do it agaain next year.
I'm sure my daughter will love any response she may get! Good to know that you did get some kind of response!

Visit my blog
HollyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
DaddyMickey
Earning My Ears

I do the opposite. I type my soon to be three year old letters in disney font fromm characters like Mickey, Goofy, Woody, etc. He gets a kick out of it. It'll be a sad day when he realizes they are fake.
DaddyMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #5
ChoppityChops
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyMickey View Post
I do the opposite. I type my soon to be three year old letters in disney font fromm characters like Mickey, Goofy, Woody, etc. He gets a kick out of it. It'll be a sad day when he realizes they are fake.
I think I'm going to do this for my daughter!! Except I am going to have the characters suggest things like "clean your room every night!" and "Help daddy do the dishes!" And maybe even "if you mow the lawn, we'll love you even more!" haha
ChoppityChops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #6
AMT826
Earning My Ears

I saw that same post on Pinterest and we gave it a try. My daughter sent a picture and letter to rapunzel, she didn't get an autographed picture back, but she did get a a postcard of the (cartoon) princess on it.
AMT826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #7
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppityChops View Post
I think I'm going to do this for my daughter!! Except I am going to have the characters suggest things like "clean your room every night!" and "Help daddy do the dishes!" And maybe even "if you mow the lawn, we'll love you even more!" haha
This is a great idea!
2015 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Glennie5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #8
Mickeymagic123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppityChops View Post
Love it! I think I'm going to 'steal' this idea!

1st trip - I was 28 years old () Offsite
Jan 2011 - Grand Floridian
Sept 2012 - Pop Century
Sept 2013 - Caribbean Beach
May 2014 - Disneyland Resort Paradise Pier Hotel
June 2014 - WDW Offsite (waterparks only)
Sept 2014 - Caribbean Beach
Mickeymagic123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #9
cbtengwife
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyJoy View Post
So I probably should have checked here before actually doing it, but no harm I guess. I found on Pinterest that your child can write to a character (address is that of Disney Communications) and in return, they will receive an autographed photo of that character. Just wondering if this is in fact true. My daughter drew a picture for Ariel, and one for Rapunzel. We mailed them off. I was smart enough not to tell her to expect anything in return though! lol
Did you use address:
Walt Disney World Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040
cbtengwife is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: