Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2013, 03:03 AM   #1
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

CS breakfast in Epcot?

Our flight lands at 6a on a Sunday, we'll be taking ME to BCV, and have a 2:30 ADR at Chefs de France.

Our villa probably won't be ready until later that day ... our stomachs will still be on West Coast time, so we won't be hungry til 10am ish. Don't want to eat too heavy since we'll be looking forward to a nice big meal at Chefs and want to hit rides first thing.

Where is a good place to grab CS breakfast in Epcot? I thought Sunshine Seasons perhaps, but they only have one breakfast sandwich? The BC Marketplace doesn't look that great either. Any CS places with waffles/pastries/a halfway decent selection?
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:37 AM   #2
MinnieLee
DIS Veteran

Since you are at BCV, you could just take the short walk over to BWV to the Bakery and get something there, sit on the boardwalk and relax a bit before you hit the parks running! No waffles, pancakes, but egg sandwiches, pastries, etc.

Sunshine Seasons did have pancake platters, egg platters, pastries, yogurts, fruits. You could try to get on Soarin' or at least get a fast pass for later in the day since you will already be there. Or you could go over to France and go to the bakery.

MinnieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2013, 05:16 AM   #3
smiths02
DIS Veteran

The CS in France is open for breakfast now.
2003 (AKL), 2009 (AKL), 2011 (CBR- room), 2015 (AoA-Cars Suite)
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #4
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiths02 View Post
THIS is your best choice especially since you'll be going in through the back gate. Just stop in on your way over toward Future World and eat as you stroll along!
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #5
ToyStory3
DIS Veteran

I was wondering the same thing about CS breakfast in Epcot. The CS in France is a great idea. I hadn't thought of that. Do they have coffee or cappuccino there as well? Breakfast pastries?

Doesn't WS open a couple hours later than FW?

ToyStory3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #6
DEA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyStory3 View Post
I was wondering the same thing about CS breakfast in Epcot. The CS in France is a great idea. I hadn't thought of that. Do they have coffee or cappuccino there as well? Breakfast pastries?

They definitely have coffee, cappuccino, and breakfast pastries.

If you come in via International Gateway, you can go to the right in WS only as far as France at 9am (or whenever park opening is). We ate over there in March at 9am with no problem at all.

DIS Dads Member #432
DEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:32 AM   #7
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyStory3 View Post

I think they have coffee/espresso drinks; I only ever went in the afternoon so don't remember exactly. Their pastries would be decadent first thing in the morning, but they did make a delicious to-go breakfast on ME on our way back to the airport last year ...

I'd been wondering about the Future World/World Showcase times myself ... are just the attractions not open or the restaurants too? I thought there was a rope until they opened at 11 or something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLee View Post
Since you are at BCV, you could just take the short walk over to BWV to the Bakery and get something there, sit on the boardwalk and relax a bit before you hit the parks running! No waffles, pancakes, but egg sandwiches, pastries, etc.

Sunshine Seasons did have pancake platters, egg platters, pastries, yogurts, fruits. You could try to get on Soarin' or at least get a fast pass for later in the day since you will already be there. Or you could go over to France and go to the bakery.
The Boardwalk Bakery did look scrumptious; I'd just been hoping for something a bit more plated ... plus if its Boardwalk I'd probably want to take the boat to Epcot.
Good to know Sunshine Seasons has more than is advertised for breakfast on the picture menus. We'll probably go there if they have pancake or egg platters!
We planned on getting FastTrack FPs on our way to breakfast, then maybe doing Soarin after since I won't be ready for Mission Space until our breakfast settles! Great minds think alike!

Thanks for the great advice all!
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:33 AM   #8
taaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiths02 View Post
Awesome to know. Since we're staying at BCV ... we may end up doing breakfast here a few days during the trip ...
Old 07-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #9
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

This review of Sunshine Seasons is about a year old, but I don't think they've changed much. Hopefully this will give you an idea of the options you have there.

http://www.easywdw.com/dining/sunshine-seasons/
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: