Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #1
Edgehopper
Mouseketeer

Ohana or 1900 Park Fare breakfast?

Trying to resolve our last day, with one credit remaining. Two adults, no kids, but we're entertained by characters and watching other people's kids Ideally, Chef Mickey's looks like the most fun and with the best food, but for October 6, we're not getting it unless we get lucky someone drops an ADR that morning.

We're planning to spend the last day at either Epcot or MK, with a 1:20 lunch at Le Cellier before we leave, and we will have a parkhopper so anything in the MK, Epcot, DHS, MK resort area, or Epcot resort area would be doable. We already are doing Cape May and WCC on other days and did Crystal Palace on our last trip. I looked at Akershus breakfast, but we don't really like fish.

I think I'm narrowed down to 1900 Park Fare or Ohana breakfast, but can't decide between them. 1900 Park Fare seems to have more options and the characters look more fun, but I saw a pretty poor review of their breakfast on DFB and would bet Ohana has the better food quality. Help me decide! (or suggest something else!)

Next anticipated WDW trip: Oct. 2013
Edgehopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
vicb224
Mouseketeer

Definitely Ohana! It's more upbeat and I love the family style servings, and the way the characters are dressed
vicb224 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #3
momjeeps
DIS Veteran

We did both and if I had to choose one I'd choose 1900 PF. Although I prefer the characters at Ohana I felt the interaction with them was less rushed at 1900 PF. Also there is much more selection of food.

Right up there with 1900 PF on my list of breakfasts would be Cape May Cafe. Loved that breakfast.

Spring Break 2014 DLR PTR - http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post50753138
November 2012 - 1st WDW Trip after a lifetime of DLR trips No Trip Report - But here is our Photo Book link
http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...AatGrNq0bOWbtg
momjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
Chavaleh
Mouseketeer

We did both in May and if you're not particular about which characters you see to me Ohana was much better. You don't have to deal with the buffet and I thought the food was pretty good. To me the characters seemed to move at a similar pace through both places but Ohana's felt more spacious and comfortable also the kids do that parade thing which is adorable.
Chavaleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:55 PM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgehopper View Post
Trying to resolve our last day, with one credit remaining. Two adults, no kids, but we're entertained by characters and watching other people's kids Ideally, Chef Mickey's looks like the most fun and with the best food, but for October 6, we're not getting it unless we get lucky someone drops an ADR that morning.

We're planning to spend the last day at either Epcot or MK, with a 1:20 lunch at Le Cellier before we leave, and we will have a parkhopper so anything in the MK, Epcot, DHS, MK resort area, or Epcot resort area would be doable. We already are doing Cape May and WCC on other days and did Crystal Palace on our last trip. I looked at Akershus breakfast, but we don't really like fish.

I think I'm narrowed down to 1900 Park Fare or Ohana breakfast, but can't decide between them. 1900 Park Fare seems to have more options and the characters look more fun, but I saw a pretty poor review of their breakfast on DFB and would bet Ohana has the better food quality. Help me decide! (or suggest something else!)
Our choice would be Ohana without hesitation. We thought 1900 PF was just ok. Ohana, on the other hand, is one of our favorites and has always been great during all of our visits. Ohana doesn't have the variety that 1900 PF has, but we like the atmosphere better, it's all you can eat, and the food is brought to your table instead of having to go through a buffet line. Good luck deciding .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:00 PM   #6
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Honestly we love both Ohana and 1900 PF! I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. If you are thinking of going straight to Epcot after breakfast, maybe Ohana so you can walk from the Poly to the TTC for the EP monorail?

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:19 PM   #7
dpswift
DIS Veteran

I love Parke Fair ot is a nice fun breakfast with a food option for everyone. The charactor interaction is fun and well paced. We did not care for the food at Ohana and the characters moved slowly. We sat over an hour for Mickey. I asked the manager she started to get him and a table he had allready spent several minutes with called him over again.
dpswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:45 AM   #8
disneywalkers
Mouseketeer

I'm biased, sorry. I am a big Alice fan.

We always do 1900 on our drive home day. We hit 1900 around 10AM for breakfast and then drive half way back home.

We love it. It is quiet for the most part, so it doesn't get the kids all wired up for the half drive back home.

The Mad Hatter is hilarious. The last time we were there, this was 2012, he would climb in and sit on any childless high chair. This was the bomb.

Mary Poppins is very graceful and was so sweet and good with the kids.

Winnie the Pooh and Tigger are neat, but we see them at Crystal Palace so I do wish they'd put two other random characters in there you don't get to see anywhere else.

The selection at 1900 is broader than O'hana. And they have that wonderful strawberry soup even at breakfast. A lot of great sticky buns and sweet things like that.

We like O'hana. But it's not much variety. It's a little bit more exciting and upbeat than 1900, so that is fun. The kids do enjoy dancing around the place with Lilo and Stitch, but since you don't have kids with you, that might not be a biggie to miss.

The welcome bread is great at O'hana. Gosh, this is a hard decision I see, LOL I think though, in spite of my kids being more into Lilo and Stitch I'd have to say 1900 Park Fare still.

Have fun!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgehopper View Post

disneywalkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #9
whitney37354
DIS Veteran

We did both & enjoyed both. O'hana had better food for us & I enjoyed not having to run to the buffet, trying not to miss a character interaction. Either would be fine. We did Akershus & the plated food was very good. We didn't even go to the cold bar for anything else, because we were in a hurry to get to Soarin' for FP. If you want to already be at EPCOT for your other ADR, I think Akershus would be a good breakfast choice.
whitney37354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #10
Edgehopper
Mouseketeer

Thanks, everyone! I'm going to go with Ohana--family style sounds more relaxing, and more importantly, the available times work out better (Park Fair has available ADRs at 8:20 and 11, which are too early and too late coming from a value or moderate on our check-out day; Ohana has a more reasonable 9:55 ADR.)

Old 07-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #11
blackmamba10000
Mouseketeer

You'll love Ohana's. We always go here for breakfast on our last day of our trip!
blackmamba10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #12
webstah
DIS Veteran

So right now you have a basically 10AM breakfast and 3 1/2 hours later a lunch? I'd be too stuffed from breakfast to enjoy the lunch personnaly. Obviously you can do as you like, but I just wanted to bring the short timeframe to your attention in case you hadn't thought about that.
Sept 2010 POR Sept 2011 POR Sept 2012 POR
Sept 2013 POR Nov 2013 POR Aug/Sept 2014 POR

webstah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #13
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by webstah View Post
So right now you have a basically 10AM breakfast and 3 1/2 hours later a lunch? I'd be too stuffed from breakfast to enjoy the lunch personnaly. Obviously you can do as you like, but I just wanted to bring the short timeframe to your attention in case you hadn't thought about that.
Same.

OP, keep in mind with the timing of your ADRs you'll be eating for an hour or so... That window of time between when you stop eating breakfast and start eating lunch is really small.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #14
Edgehopper
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by webstah View Post
Yeah, it's not ideal. I'd move my Le Cellier lunch later, but I don't think there's an available flight that leaves any later. The alternative though is getting up at 4:30-5 AM to get dressed, check out, take care of bags, take the bus from CSR or POP to MK, and the monorail to GF or Poly to make an 8 AM breakfast. I just can't find a way to fit that 12th credit anywhere else in my schedule without dropping a 1 TS restaurant I really want to go to for a signature we don't care much about (of 4 dinners scheduled, the only one that's not a signature is BOG). I could flip Ohana and Cape May perhaps, but transportation from CSR to Cape May would take even longer. The other days all already have 2 big meals scheduled, so I don't want to add a third to any of them.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #15
tinkerhon
DIS Veteran

"Ohana" without a doubt !!! Its a must for us--- We tried "1900" a few trips back, and really didnt enjoy it--- The Mad Hatter was great, but we felt totally rushed, and underwhelmed by the food--- was our worst bfast that we had been too (We love Ohana, Kona, CP, and Boma)---

That is, until this last trip when we went to "Chef Mickeys"- DW and I now refer to it as "Camp Mickeys"--- it was a nitemare--- really loud and crazy !!! Was a nitemare trying to fight thru people to get our food !!!

Our DD7 (she loves EVERYTHING at WDW, especially character meals) didnt like it !!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: