Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
jennilouwho
DIS Veteran

5 in a value studio

Hi there! We are thinking about renting points for a value studio at AKL. We will have me, DH, and my sons, 8, 6, and 1. Can I fit a pack in play in there? I know it won't be real roomy, but we want to stay at AKL for a week and then AoA Suites the week after to give us more breathing room. Is it better to just pay more and do a standard hotel room at AKL?
jennilouwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
kmb584
DIS Veteran

In all honesty, I just can't see the 5 of you fitting comfortably in a value studio. Once the sofa bed is open there truly isn't a lot of space left and I can't think of where the baby's pack 'n play would fit comfortably.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennilouwho View Post
Hi there! We are thinking about renting points for a value studio at AKL. We will have me, DH, and my sons, 8, 6, and 1. Can I fit a pack in play in there? I know it won't be real roomy, but we want to stay at AKL for a week and then AoA Suites the week after to give us more breathing room. Is it better to just pay more and do a standard hotel room at AKL?
You might squeeze it in the bathroom sink area. But then no one will be able to go to the toilet/shower/tub room.

Value villas need 11 months to book. A standard studio might work, but it also would be tight. The value villas are three feet shorter in depth than the standard and savanna villas. So the sleeper sofa is closer to the window and bed.

The value studio has 316 sf. Value rooms have about 260 sf. POFQ has 314 sf. But the bathroom and kitchenette take up a lot more space in the studios than they do in these other resorts.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #4
christmasbn
Earning My Ears

Heya!

We were looking at suites or a value for our trip in February, but we have a 14 year old, a 16 year old, my hubbie and baby who will be two....

We are doing 11 days at the campground instead and renting a giant trailer - better set up, lots more space, and parking at your door!

Just a thought we are pretty excited about it!
christmasbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:41 PM   #5
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

It's my personal opinion that the DVC studios were designed for singles or couples, or at most, a couple with a young child. Remember, the occupancy limits represent the maximum number of people that can occupy a room without violating the fire code. Not the number of people who can occupy a room comfortably.

Will Disney let your party stay in a value studio? Yes. Will it be comfortable? In my opinion, no, certainly not for a week. Go for a room at AKL, at least you'll have two beds and room to walk around. Or, even a bunk bed room. That'll give you ample room for the Pack n Play.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:22 AM   #6
jennilouwho
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for the info! I think we will go for a bunk bed room then. I appreciate the info! It's on my bucket list to stay there. We will make it somehow :-)
jennilouwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:14 AM   #7
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

A studio at Kidani was a squeeze for 3 adults, we couldn't have stayed there longer because once the sofa bed was out, there wasn't much room at all. Mum managed to get out to the balcony without waking me in the sofa bed though.

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: Feb 2012 TR ~ PTR ~ No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip!

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: