Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 11:42 PM   #16
Fantaluminishes
To all who come to this happy place, welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post
No, you cannot use your credits to purchase meals for people not on your room reservation. It's clearly stated in the DDP/DxDP brochure (page 6):

Sorry, but this is the official policy of Disney and it's against the Disboard rules to discuss methods of getting around the rules.
I think it's obvious that the OP was just asking a question. Not sure why you would think they were/are trying to break any rules. I believe your tone could have been a little less harsh in your response, rather than assuming that the OP was blatently violating disboards policy.

DLR 100+ times since '67. WDW: '97 - '01, '12 and '13 ASMU, Ft. WL, CSR, AKL, WL, (and off-site twice)
Old 07-24-2013, 12:01 AM   #17
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantaluminishes View Post
I think it's obvious that the OP was just asking a question. Not sure why you would think they were/are trying to break any rules. I believe your tone could have been a little less harsh in your response, rather than assuming that the OP was blatently violating disboards policy.
Tone? What tone? When did the Disboards add audio to the boards? I don't think the poster was being in the least bit harsh. I think that she knew the poster was an infrequent poster (or they wouldn't be asking the question in the first place) and was letting the OP know about the Disboard policy. I didn't see anything whatsoever in her post that intimated that she thought the OP was trying to break any rules.

OP, I would give your client the information that was outlined in the excerpt from the DDP brochure. I definitely would omit any personal opinion as to whether or not they might get away with trying it- leave this up to them. You could also mention that it is extremely common for servers to do split cheques, with some of the guests using the DDP and the remainder of the guests paying OOP or using their own DDP.

Last edited by minnie mum; 07-24-2013 at 12:09 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2013, 12:09 AM   #18
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Tone? What tone? When did the Disboards add audio to the boards? I don't think the poster was being in the least bit harsh. I think that she knew the poster was an infrequent poster (or they wouldn't be asking the question in the first place) and was letting the OP know about the Disboard policy. I didn't see anything whatsoever in her post that intimated that she thought the OP was trying to break any rules. Sheesh.
Thank you Minnie Mum.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:21 AM   #19
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post
Thank you Minnie Mum.

I just had another thought for the OP. Instead of worrying about whether or not his client can use extra dining credits for his guests, perhaps he could tell the client that it would be perfectly OK for him to pay for 2 meals with his DDP and the remaining amount can be charged to his KTTW account. He would just need to tell the server how to split the bill.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:30 AM   #20
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post

I just had another thought for the OP. Instead of worrying about whether or not his client can use extra dining credits for his guests, perhaps he could tell the client that it would be perfectly OK for him to pay for 2 meals with his DDP and the remaining amount can be charged to his KTTW account. He would just need to tell the server how to split the bill.
That sounds like a good idea to me.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:30 AM   #21
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post

Because you are opting to use the dining plan and thus have to abide by the rules set by Disney.
Thank you
Old 07-24-2013, 07:13 AM   #22
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by btk2333 View Post
I think this is a fair way to look at it. I think there's probably a fair chance that they're able to do it- I wouldn't even ask as long as they don't mind if at the end of their meal the server tells them it's not allowed.

Just because Disney has a written policy doesn't mean they enforce it and I would bet that if they didn't say anything and just handed the one card at the end, that the server would just run the card.
From what I have seen on this board, Disney actually does enforce this one quite a bit so I wouldn't take that bet.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:17 AM   #23
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

This rule is definitely enforced. They will only allow you to order the number of meals as their are participants on your plan. So if there are two of you who have the plan, they will allow you to use two dining credits.

Please let your client know that they will not be able to use their credits on their friends. It will save them from an awkward situation at the end of the meal. As someone else suggested, they could pay for their friends' meals out of pocket if they want to cover the check.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #24
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
There was no tone. That is actually a "standard" answer for questions like this one. They get an answer, the source, and additional information about the rules of the board. 99% of the time the OP has no issues with this information... it is usually someone else that gets upset. Those who have spent a lot of time on these boards take their time to be sure that a poster gets ALL the information.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

Old 07-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #25
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There was no tone. That is actually a "standard" answer for questions like this one. They get an answer, the source, and additional information about the rules of the board. 99% of the time the OP has no issues with this information... it is usually someone else that gets upset. Those who have spent a lot of time on these boards take their time to be sure that a poster gets ALL the information.
Thank you LilyWDW.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #26
RnbwSktles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
Never been on the plan but my question how is this different then my dad taking me out to eat when he is in town
My opinion of this, and I could be completely off, is that Disney does not want people "splitting" a DDP to save money. They obviously want each person to pay for their own DDP which may or may not be overpriced based on their eating habits.

Disney has no way of knowing if using credits to pay for family or friends is a one time "treat" or if 4 adults are actually somehow splitting 2 DDPs for an entire trip.

Of course, it would probably be difficult for adults to share the QSDP or even regular DDP without starving/supplementing with OOP, but I would think that the DxDP is very feasible. Is it economical? I have no idea.

Just my 2 cents! :

2014 Coast to Coast Goal: Full marathon Jan 2014 & Dumbo Double Dare Aug 2014!
Old 07-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #27
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree completely. There was no tone.
The poster who felt this way only had 38 posts total here on the DIS. Maybe they need to be a little less judgemental as well. Just like in "real life", learning the dynamics of a "community" takes a bit of time.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #28
Mrsjvb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
Still trying to see how this is different then some one treating to someone in the real world
the DDP is assigned to specific individuals on the same MYW package.

DDP credits are not transferable. not the same thing as someone paying cash or using a GC to pay for someone's meal
Old 07-24-2013, 01:31 PM   #29
Fantaluminishes
To all who come to this happy place, welcome!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
I agree completely. There was no tone.
The poster who felt this way only had 38 posts total here on the DIS. Maybe they need to be a little less judgemental as well. Just like in "real life", learning the dynamics of a "community" takes a bit of time.
Don't let yourself be fooled by a low post count. There are some of us who have been around here much longer than people with thousands of posts. So you might think twice calling someone "judgemental" just because they appear to be a "newbie".

DLR 100+ times since '67. WDW: '97 - '01, '12 and '13 ASMU, Ft. WL, CSR, AKL, WL, (and off-site twice)
Old 07-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #30
cymbaldiva
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Don't let yourself be fooled by a low post count. There are some of us who have been around here much longer than people with thousands of posts. So you might think twice calling someone "judgemental" just because they appear to be a "newbie".
Not trying to judge, however low post count + very recent join date does usually = newbie.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: