Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #1
nlm74
Mouseketeer

Mama's, Derby or Vine for Fantasmic Package & Why?

We don't have anything planned for dinner on our HS Day and were planning on attending Fantasmic so I figured why not just do the package.

Out of the 3 restaurants which would you pick. We will be traveling with my mother (who eats like a bird) and our 4yr old and 2yr old.

Is the fantasmic package even worth it or should we just find a quick service?

Thanks
nlm74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #2
jperrot1
DIS Veteran

The package gets you a dinner at Mama Rosa's, Hollywood and Vine, or the Brown Derby. I think prices are around $36 for adults, and around $18 for children over 3. You get a pass to enter the Fantasmic Auditorium and won't have to wait in line with everyone else for an hour or so early. Anyway you can go here for more specific information http://allears.net/din/fantdin1.htm
jperrot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
purple figment
DIS Veteran

The Fantasmic! Dining Package is a fixed price meal that includes a voucher for the first Fantasmic! showing for that evening. At Hollywood Brown Derby the meal includes an appetizer, entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage ordered from the restaurant's regular menu. At Mama Melrose it's the same entitlements, but the dessert is a pre-plated dessert sampler served family style. Hollywood & Vine is a buffet. (For some reason the allears page linked by the pp omits the appetizer for HBD and MM, but it is included.)

You need to specifically book the F!DP because a regular reservation at any of the restaurants will not include the seating voucher. Seating is fairly close to the middle now and no longer over to the far right.

Of the 3 restaurants we like HBD - very good food and service.

Whether it is worth it is subjective. We like the fact that we don't have to wait in line as long and that the seats are fairly centered. We were on the DxDDP so we would have dined at HBD anyway so for us the F!DP was ideal.

Here's a link to the prices:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/fantasmic.htm
Old 07-23-2013, 11:02 PM   #4
rangerxenos
Mouseketeer

Do you know if reservations for the Fantasmic package might open up for the DDP closer to December?

I'm getting frustrated, we have the dining plan, but many restaurants that we want to eat at are already completely booked for December. Ridiculous!
rangerxenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:31 AM   #5
disneywalkers
Mouseketeer

I've been asking myself this same question. The years we've done it, we have always done Hollywood & Vine because with 10 of us, it just seems to make more sense since everyone likes something different and you get dessert and a variety for the price.

To back up my decision I decided to take a look at the menu's. This proved to me that for us, the decision was the right thing to do again this year at HWV.

The other two places seem to be expensive for what you're getting and they don't have much to choose from. The kids menu is really disappointing. They get like two things, maybe three to choose from.

My kids would choose a $6 hot dog and then want a second one cause they would only eat the meat from it.

So I really think it depends on your family

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlm74 View Post
We don't have anything planned for dinner on our HS Day and were planning on attending Fantasmic so I figured why not just do the package.

Out of the 3 restaurants which would you pick. We will be traveling with my mother (who eats like a bird) and our 4yr old and 2yr old.

Is the fantasmic package even worth it or should we just find a quick service?

Thanks
disneywalkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:34 AM   #6
disneywalkers
Mouseketeer

Do you know when they changed the seating for the package? I just heard this recently from the board here and so excited they finally moved it. We haven't done the package in two years, I think it's been, but doing it this year because I read that here.

Last year we got there an hour or more early and the kids really got me stressed out over the continuous asking about when it's going to start, LOL Will be nice to cut that wait time out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple figment View Post
The Fantasmic! Dining Package is a fixed price meal that includes a voucher for the first Fantasmic! showing for that evening. At Hollywood Brown Derby the meal includes an appetizer, entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage ordered from the restaurant's regular menu. At Mama Melrose it's the same entitlements, but the dessert is a pre-plated dessert sampler served family style. Hollywood & Vine is a buffet. (For some reason the allears page linked by the pp omits the appetizer for HBD and MM, but it is included.)

You need to specifically book the F!DP because a regular reservation at any of the restaurants will not include the seating voucher. Seating is fairly close to the middle now and no longer over to the far right.

Of the 3 restaurants we like HBD - very good food and service.

Whether it is worth it is subjective. We like the fact that we don't have to wait in line as long and that the seats are fairly centered. We were on the DxDDP so we would have dined at HBD anyway so for us the F!DP was ideal.

Here's a link to the prices:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/fantasmic.htm
disneywalkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:41 AM   #7
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerxenos View Post

1. Do you know if reservations for the Fantasmic package might open up for the DDP closer to December?

2. I'm getting frustrated, we have the dining plan, but many restaurants that we want to eat at are already completely booked for December. Ridiculous!
1. You might try calling the dining reservation line because there have been times when the F!DP hasn't been loaded online, but is available when you call.

2. Booking dining reservations 6 months in advance can be frustrating, but unfortunately there's no way around it. You just have to be persistent. Keep checking online frequently in hopes that something you want comes up. People cancel/change their reservations all the time so if you're lucky you'll be checking just at the time a reservation you want enters the system.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: