Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
Canadian Girl
Mouseketeer

Will CAA/AAA perks change for 2014?

I saw mention of this posted on another thread. I haven't heard anything regarding changes. We have a great TA who handles our trips including the one we have booked March 2014.
Canadian Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Girl
I saw mention of this posted on another thread. I haven't heard anything regarding changes. We have a great TA who handles our trips including the one we have booked March 2014.
Did you post this on the other thread asking????

Also, did you check the discount codes and rates board, since that goes into more detail about discounts.

In addition, I would ask your travel agent regrading any changes. That is her job. If she does not know, then I would change travel agents, because then she is not as knowledgeable as you say..
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

There were 2 or so things they took away for AAA 2014 packages... One being the section of seating for fireworks. I can't remember off the to of my head the other.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:30 PM   #4
Canadian Girl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
There were 2 or so things they took away for AAA 2014 packages... One being the section of seating for fireworks. I can't remember off the to of my head the other.
That was something we were planning to do again. I wonder if this is for both CAA and AAA? Thanks for the info. Not a deal breaker, but a bit of a disappointment.

Last edited by Canadian Girl; 07-23-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
Canadian Girl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Did you post this on the other thread asking????

Also, did you check the discount codes and rates board, since that goes into more detail about discounts.

In addition, I would ask your travel agent regrading any changes. That is her job. If she does not know, then I would change travel agents, because then she is not as knowledgeable as you say..
I did not post in the other thread as it was discussing something else and as I was interested in this specific info and knew there were members here who would have the answers. This is our fourth Disney trip and second cruise in two years so we only use the TA for discounts, free passport pics and to redeem our CAADollars. I only just heard about this tonight and was curious and not patient enough to wait until tomorrow.

Last edited by Canadian Girl; 07-23-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:06 PM   #6
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Girl View Post

I did not post in the other thread as it was discussing something else and as I was interested in this specific info and knew there were members here who would have the answers. This is our fourth Disney trip and second cruise in two years so we only use the TA for discounts, free passport pics and to redeem our CAADollars. I only just heard about this tonight and was curious and not patient enough to wait until tomorrow.
I'll check tomorrow and let you know what the other thing was.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:54 PM   #7
Canadian Girl
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much! I guess I just prefer being hands on with a local company and so far, we have been very lucky. I do book my own flights etc but have found my TA can make changes when specials come on a lot quicker than I can when I am working and the little perks are a nice bonus. Last trip we had two free gift cards and on our cruise a half dozen 8 x10 free photos which was very nice.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #8
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to update:

AAA PKG changes for 2014... discontinued preferred fireworks viewing location for MK and 'Disney's Story Time Experience.'

I don't know what the story time thing is since I've never done it, but that's the exact verbiage.

I didn't see anything about CAA packages - sorry. I don't know if they're just all lumped into one or not.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #9
Madformickey
Mouseketeer

so hat aaa perks are left now? parking and a slim discount?
Old 07-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #10
Canadian Girl
Mouseketeer

Just talked to my agent and yes, they have been removed because people who were not pre-booked but AAA members were showing up or something like that. They are now working on new things that will be announced later but wanted to get the pricing in now to coincide with the 2014 release. Fingers crossed it will be something good.

Last edited by Canadian Girl; 07-25-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:19 PM   #11
wdwagain518
Mouseketeer

I'm thinking that the real reason for discontinuing these benefits is due to the impending rollout of fastpass+...I know fireworks viewing is something that can be selected with the new system....does anyone know about storytime?

wdwagain518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #12
LiliBelle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madformickey View Post
so hat aaa perks are left now? parking and a slim discount?
Pretty much. My AAA TA sent me a brochure with the 2014 perks... No story time, no fireworks viewing, no free photo - don't think I saw the arcade tokens, either. The parking pass seems to have a lot of blackout dates. Bummer.
LiliBelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: