Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2013, 12:36 AM   #1
netgirl614
Earning My Ears

Colitis at disney

Does anyone have experience with dealing with colitis, ibs,ibd,crohns, etc while working at Disney? I was recently diagnosed and I am due to start a PI in 3 weeks and have not yet told them about it. What accomadations can they provide? For the most part, it is controlled but every once in a while I do have flares (maybe every 2 weeks?). Just trying to figure out what I should do, who I should tell, etc. I will also be living at falcon square and I'm not sure if/when I should tell my roommates.

Any help would be appreciated
netgirl614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:33 AM   #2
karliebug
DIS Veteran

Send a pm to my daughter, Wishes Count. She has done 2 CPs and is currently doing a guest relations PI. She has Crohns and can give you lots of info. I do know that there is a lengthy form to fill out if you need accommodations .
karliebug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
netgirl614
Earning My Ears

Great, thanks! I think I might be friends with her on facebook already....the picture looks familiar.
netgirl614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:36 AM   #4
NatFish
Earning My Ears

I was never diagnosed, so I couldn't fill out any forms or things like that, but I have experience self-managing!

I was Photopass, so I was out on the street every day. Luckily for you, you'll probably be in an office every day (forgive me for assuming), and you'll have quick and easy access to restrooms.

On my bad days, I'd just let someone near me know I wasn't feeling well, so they'd know when/why I dissapeared suddenly. I drank a lot a lot a LOT of water, which seemed to help me get through my shift until I could go home, oddly enough. I also watched what I ate as best I could so I wouldn't have flare ups during my shifts. It's hard, since Disney food is soooo good (but also really bad for your insides). When I wanted to pig out on whatever I wanted, I made sure to do it the night before my off day

And really I was only bad enough one day where I just had to call off, which is pretty good. Hopefully you'll never have to do that!

Good luck!

NatFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: