Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #31
DizCaptain
°o° Disney Enthusiast

I'd just like the ride updated with a downgrade to the older version with both Dreamfinder and Figment. Of course, they should update all the tech and scenes to keep it fresh.

Phineas and Ferb would be perfect as a replacement 3D show for EO, I'd actually really like that.

It'd also be nice if they'd do something new with the post ride area as well as the upstairs area. It's wasted space upstairs, and that space is too cool to waste.

"Laughter is America's most important export." -Walt Disney

DizCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #32
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizCaptain View Post
I'd just like the ride updated with a downgrade to the older version with both Dreamfinder and Figment. Of course, they should update all the tech and scenes to keep it fresh.

Phineas and Ferb would be perfect as a replacement 3D show for EO, I'd actually really like that.

It'd also be nice if they'd do something new with the post ride area as well as the upstairs area. It's wasted space upstairs, and that space is too cool to waste.
Couldn't agree more. Put P&F in the movie, revert to the former glory of Dreamfinder and Figment and open up the upstairs again!!!
It seems like such a logical conclusion to me, but hey.. I'm biased. My hands down favorite childhood Disney memory is from the Imagination Pavilion.
I am on the edge of my seat for more news about this one. Bring back the rainbow tunnel!!
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #33
shanlovesdisney
Earning My Ears

Actually, the upstairs area is currently used to hold college classes for some of the college program students. I would doubt that they would reopen upstairs for the public, but who knows?
shanlovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #34
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizCaptain View Post

I really like this but will this happen probably not. I can definitely see phineas and ferb movie coming. I also would love to see the old figment and dream finder ride. I doubt they will open the upstairs back up but who knows.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:17 PM   #35
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanlovesdisney View Post
Actually, the upstairs area is currently used to hold college classes for some of the college program students. I would doubt that they would reopen upstairs for the public, but who knows?
I'm sure that wouldn't be any sort if factor into whether they used it or not. It's being used for that because it's not being used for anything else. Why wouldn't they open it back up? If they are going to do a large scale refurb there's no reason not to open it back up.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #36
Texas Barbie
Mouseketeer

Closing Captain EO? Say it isn't so!
Texas Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:27 PM   #37
shanlovesdisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post

I'm sure that wouldn't be any sort if factor into whether they used it or not. It's being used for that because it's not being used for anything else. Why wouldn't they open it back up? If they are going to do a large scale refurb there's no reason not to open it back up.
I don't know, but I was just posting the information that I knew about the area. Disney could do anything with it at this point. No one knows.
shanlovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:54 AM   #38
anthony2k7
DIS Veteran

Following on from what I posted a couple of days ago about this might just be a cost saving thing, screamscape have also posted that their inside sources say the plan is to close it - and thats it, no other plans other than to just close it currently.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_epcot.htm#General
anthony2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:17 AM   #39
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony2k7 View Post
Following on from what I posted a couple of days ago about this might just be a cost saving thing, screamscape have also posted that their inside sources say the plan is to close it - and thats it, no other plans other than to just close it currently.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_epcot.htm#General
I think most people would agree, closing it with no current plan would be a huge mistake. They already closed the Wonders of Life pavilion (except for hosting special events) and most of Future World is already the butt of many jokes. Removing more attractions (even if they are not E-tickets) would just anger and disappoint the fan base.
Reddog1134 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #40
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
I think most people would agree, closing it with no current plan would be a huge mistake. They already closed the Wonders of Life pavilion (except for hosting special events) and most of Future World is already the butt of many jokes. Removing more attractions (even if they are not E-tickets) would just anger and disappoint the fan base.
So there is no reported plan as of now, but I doubt that means there isn't one in the works. I agree it would be a HUGE mistake to take even more away from Future World. It needs more, not less.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #41
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Introducing Disney's Latest attraction, The EPCOT Ghost town.

Enjoy an authentic Disney Park Ghost town as you pass by the many empty and abandoned buildings on your way to one of our many World Cuisine Restaurants in the World Showcase. See the classic "retro-future" architecture from the late 70's and 80's from an area designed to be Futuristic, and the way nature reclaims the land. Listen to the stories from the walk-around 'retired Cast Members' streetsmosphere as they explain what used to be housed within these buildings and explain the attractions within.

Coming soon: A "Behind the closed doors" tour for guests wishing to see up-close and personal these old buildings. For the low tour price of $100 per person you can get a guided tour inside these closed pavilions and experience the attractions that were left in place first-hand. See Figment as he annoyed guests throughout the early 21st century. Witness the 'Cranium Command' of the 90's. Watch the Kitchen Kaberet like you haven't seen it in decades before you go and 'Listen to the Land'. Visit Sea Base Alpha. Counter Service Lunch is provided in the Odyssey Restaurant. Now you no longer have to rely on Youtube videos to experience the Disney attractions of yesteryear.

I better shut up now.... I don't want to give Disney any more ideas....

Last edited by DCTooTall; 07-25-2013 at 12:51 PM. Reason: added the Odyssey
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #42
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall
Introducing Disney's Latest attraction, The EPCOT Ghost town.

Enjoy an authentic Disney Park Ghost town as you pass by the many empty and abandoned buildings on your way to one of our many World Cuisine Restaurants in the World Showcase. See the classic "retro-future" architecture from the late 70's and 80's from an area designed to be Futuristic, and the way nature reclaims the land. Listen to the stories from the walk-around 'retired Cast Members' streetsmosphere as they explain what used to be housed within these buildings and explain the attractions within.

Coming soon: A "Behind the closed doors" tour for guests wishing to see up-close and personal these old buildings. For the low tour price of $100 per person you can get a guided tour inside these closed pavilions and experience the attractions that were left in place first-hand. See Figment as he annoyed guests throughout the early 21st century. Witness the 'Cranium Command' of the 90's. Watch the Kitchen Kaberet like you haven't seen it in decades before you go and 'Listen to the Land'. Visit Sea Base Alpha. Now you no longer have to rely on Youtube videos to experience the Disney attractions of yesteryear.

I better shut up now.... I don't want to give Disney any more ideas....
Lol!!
Kat016 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #43
FiggieFan
DIS Veteran

Brilliant DCTooTall! LOVE the post. Sad, but true. EPCOT is need of attention. EPCOT and HS used to be my favorite 2 parks. It is no wonder that in the past few visits, my favorite park has now become MK.

FiggieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #44
Kat016
DIS Veteran

I was at epcot march of 2012. I didn't notice empty buildings. But....I was there 20 yrs before. So its been a while. But I do recognize the exhibits that you mentioned are closed. Why are all the exhibits closing and why wouldn't Disney want to fix that??
Kat016 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #45
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
I was at epcot march of 2012. I didn't notice empty buildings. But....I was there 20 yrs before. So its been a while. But I do recognize the exhibits that you mentioned are closed. Why are all the exhibits closing and why wouldn't Disney want to fix that??
Well lets see. People still come to the parks. Very few seem to even notice that the WoL building is no longer a working attraction. Why would Disney decide to spend money on it?

Say what you will about JII, but its probably the lowest drawing attraction in FW. If they closed it, would anybody notice?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: