Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
carolrie
Mouseketeer

What are your favorite things to do on the Fantasy?

Hello Everyone!
I have learned so much from these boards overt the years. You have all helped me make magical memories for my family. Unfortunately I got divorced a few years ago and haven't been able to go to WDW or cruise since 2009. I am so excited right now though to be financially recovering and able to book a cruise on the Fantasy for February 2014 with my two girls (15,13). I have never cruised the Fantasy before and would love any suggestions on your favorite things to do, hidden gems, or magical moments. It will be just me and the girls. Thank you so much for your help
carolrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:37 AM   #2
scrapbookmomma74
We love DCL!!!

My girls (9 & 12 at last sailing)had a good time going to some of the Disney trivia contests with us. Your oldest will be able to experience Vibe, the teen club, which looks amazing! Your 13 year old will be able to go to Edge, the tween area, my dd was not a huge fan of it on our last cruise, but all kids are different.
My girls had a blast swimming and doing the Aquaduck together, as well as with DH & I. Their favorite was to do it at night...its pretty cool!
They can also go to the Chill Spa, for teens, and have a treatment. My oldest is looking forward to doing that on our next cruise!
If you can find a cruise meet before you leave, try getting your girls connected with another kid their age, so they have a ready-made friend before they even board. And, for you, too! Maybe there will be another mom in a similar situation that you want to hang with. We had a large meet group for our last Fantasy cruise, and it was great seeing them all around the ship, and having familiar faces when you walked into a large room!
Have a great cruise!
A lifetime of memories at the "World"! 1974, 1975, 1983, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, DCL Magic 2010, DCL Magic 2011, DCL Dream 2011, DCL Magic 2012, DCL Fantasy 2012, DCL Dream 2012, DVC Member Cruise Dream 2013, DL Resort Summer 2013, DCL Fantasy 2013, DCL Magic 2014
[/url][url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
scrapbookmomma74 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2013, 02:58 AM   #3
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

AquaDuck, Sport Simulator, Mid Ship Det Agency, Characters, Palo brunch, Meridian Bar balconies, Sport deck lurking, for characters interacting with pax, Satellite Falls chilling. Adult bars. Empty deck bars during the day. No wait for a beverage at any bar regardless of contents during the day. (Some other pax are blown away by this, who only sail other lines), Deck 4 peace, deck 4 padded chairs, random characters on deck 4, shuffle board on deck 4, waves / seas viewed from deck 4, Did I mention deck 4 on Dream Class? lol. Heavy seas, hurricanes, difficult moments, gulf stream, discounts, OBB.

Did I mention the Adult areas? The Fantasy Rocks.

It's all good. Bless all, and those that sail too.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:55 AM   #4
carolrie
Mouseketeer

Thank you Looks like some great suggestions and I'm excited to look into them
carolrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #5
pmwweston
Platinumatlast

Fav things to do

I would say the shows are awesome on Fantasy and for the kids Aqua Duck is a top favorite. And of course all the great FOOD!!!
pmwweston is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: