Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #16
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolobug
When can you make a room request?
Anytime from when you book up until 5-6 days before you arrive.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #17
lolobug
DIS Veteran

Thank you!
lolobug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #18
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolobug View Post
Hi!

I read on here that main level floors tend to see a lot of snakes! Yuck!
Can anyone tell me where the standard view rooms are located in WL as well as the Poly? Thanks!

To be more factual, there have been the rare report of a snake entering a ground room..............RARE!........and that includes all of the south!

Not something to worry about.....have a great vacation!

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #19
jaykorf001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
Add me to the "request upper floor" camp. I'm TERRIFIED of snakes (major phobia - I have panic attacks and have actually fainted from seeing a snake) so I cannot stay in a first-floor room. Ridiculous? Probably. And yes, I know they can get to upper level rooms. And I know Florida is crawling with snakes and critters (I used to live in southern FL). And I know many snakes are harmless. I get it. It's not logical to me, either, but this is an irrational fear I've had for as long as I can remember.

I just feel better being on an upper level. I picture how Mousekeeping leaves the door open while cleaning and how easy it is for a snake to slither on in and then hide...

I've been to Disney 4 times since 2006 and I'm ALWAYS on the lookout for snakes while there. You'll never catch me walking on grass in FL. I've only seen 1 snake and that was last year at Epcot. We had just gotten off the monorail and I looked over the railing and saw a huge black one slithering across the pathway to the parking lot. I didn't freak (because I was far enough away and it was headed the opposite direction) but it did increase my anxiety for the rest of the trip.

I won't lie...the recent "snake in my suitcase" thread freaked me out! I didn't have this anxiety when we stayed Deluxe and had interior hallways.
But I think that gal was not staying deluxe if I remember correctly. She had exterior doorways.
jaykorf001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #20
Rustyroo
Mouseketeer

"Get the mother%#^$ing snakes off this mother@*#&ing plane!"

Sorry, just popped into my head...
Rustyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #21
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustyroo View Post
"Get the mother%#^$ing snakes off this mother@*#&ing plane!"

Sorry, just popped into my head...
You. I like you.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #22
ats360
Earning My Ears

Snakes are rare. I wrote the original post about having one in my luggage at POP. We've been to Disney a number of times and this was the first we'd ever seen one, let alone had a "too close for comfort" encounter. They're not common to see at Disney.

DEC 2009 POP • JULY 2010 POP • JULY 2011 POP • JANUARY 2013 POP • JULY 2013 POP • AUGUST 2013 DL OFFSITE • JULY 2014 POP
ats360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #23
flamark
Mouseketeer

I have lived in florida for34 years of my life. My house has a ground floor exterior entrance and my kids leave the door open a lot. I have had grand total of 0 snakes in my home and don't know anyone who has. It isn't common at all to even see a snake. When you do though, take a sec and imagine what the snake is thinking when he sees you: "OMG thats a really big whatever it is! I haven't seen one of them before. I think I will go the other way!" I guess what I'm trying to say is that even if you do see a snake, don't worry he will go away.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #24
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut8 View Post
Agreed. Once someone posts that they saw the snake, the thread just explodes. And those of us who have been there over 60 times and never had seen a snake get their reponses muddled in with everyone else panicking over the so-called epidemic of snake sightings.
Agreed! The snake threads are appearing left and right since the snake in the suitcase.

OP: I've certainly seen snakes at WDW, at resorts and parks alike, but have never had one close to my door (ground or upper) let alone make an appearance in the room. It's certainly not an impossble scenario but it's definitely a very rare one. I wouldn't let the very, very, very minute possibility of a snake encounter put a damper on your trip!

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:08 PM   #25
jlk806
DanceDisneyGirl

Over the course of many visits, I HAVE seen snakes on property on more than one occasion: (on the boat from WL to MK saw a water moccasin standing straight up in the water about 10 feet from the boat, have seen a couple at POP (though not near rooms), one just outside of Epcot, and one at CBR (near bushes) Ive never seen one IN the room or indoors anywhere for that matter. I have stayed ground floor at both Pop and CBR. We have also stayed at AoA, AKL (2nd thru 4th floor) & BC (4th floor) - all interior entrance. Now that we are DVC, we will only stay deluxe. But if we do ever end up in the outer-entry resorts again will request a higher floor...
Pop Century April 2006 - Pop Century August 200 - Pop Century September 2009 - Pop Century/Animal Kingdom Villa Kidani - Aug/Sept 2010!! - Last minute girls trip Caribbean Beach - July 2011! - Pop Century / Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani - Aug/ Sept 2011!! - Art Of Animation / Beach Club Villas / Kidani Village- Aug/Sept 2012!
Wilderness Lodge Villas/Beach Club Villas - Aug 2013!!
Pop Century - Quick Pre-Christmas trip - December 2013!
Beach Club Villas - June 2014 leading up to Disney Cruise July!

jlk806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:20 AM   #26
katiee37
DIS Veteran

The only snake I've ever seen on property was on the walkway from BC to Epcot--much closer to Epcot than to BC. I saw an alligator and armadillo at CBR although I heard the story of a young boy getting bitten by a snake there. It is FL after all, and I'm sure being near bodies of water encourages their presence. However, "lots of snakes" is probably a bit exaggerated, in terms of proximity to guest rooms at least.
January 2014 Art of Animation--Celebrating my birthday January 2014 PTR
January 2015--Running the 5K and (yikes) possibly the Half Marathon!

katiee37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:30 AM   #27
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Where did you read that first floor rooms see a lot of snakes? Not true.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:34 AM   #28
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
Where did you read that first floor rooms see a lot of snakes? Not true.
I believe this is what started all the snake talk.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3142940

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: