Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #76
LizzieinDisney
Mouseketeer

My Week on the QSR DDP

Staycations are wonderful, especially when that means staying at Disney! My best friend came to visit, so we spent five wonderful days on Disney property. Cast Members get incredible discounts on the dining plans and I couldn't pass up a wonderful food opportunity! We decided to just go with the Quick Service plan, that way we didn't sacrifice any precious park time. Here are picks of my week on the QSR DDP!

Flame Tree Barbecue:

I got the Chicken and Ribs platter, with a side of beans and coleslaw. It was YUMMY!!!!

I wanted to substitute my beans for french fries, but I wasn't allowed. To make up for it, our awesome cashier Gerardo gave us cupcakes! I love being sprinkled with pixie dust! Gerardo, if you ever happen to come across this review, know that you made our day!

The best part about the DDP? ALL THE DESSERT! This is a yummy chocolate mousse

Pizza Planet:

For some strange reason, I LOVE Disney pizza. I know, I know, it is just frozen pizza thrown in a oven, but for some reason, I think it is so yummy. I'm weird, I know

Side Caesar Salad

Cupcakes count as desserts! How awesome is that?

Tangerine Cafe:
I had been wanting to try this place for so long! So when we entered Epcot with our tummies growling and Key To The World Cards in hand, it was off to Morocco!

The Chicken and Lamb Shwarma Platter. The hummus was AWESOME!

The dessert here is just baklava, but that was yummy as well. I was completely impressed with this quick service. I am definitely going to have to go back!

Be Our Guest:
It was my friend's first trip to WDW, so of course we had to go to BOG!

I got the Prime Chuck Roast Beef Sandwich. Oh my! It was amazing! And the Frites were some of the best I have had since I moved out of Europe!

Chocolate Cream Puff for dessert. MMMM!!!!!

Pecos Bill's:
After a week of QSR dining, I was ready for a salad. and Pecos Bill's delivered!

The Southwest Chicken Salad. I loved it, and of course, threw a ton of onions from the toppings bar.

The Chocolate Cake, a typical DDP dessert.

Not pictured: Columbia Harbour House dinner(I forgot my camera :/) and Yorkshire County Fish Shop(It was too dark ) Both places were wonderful. The fish and chips were some of the best I have had since moving away from Ireland. And the sugar cookies were a great dessert!

Snacks:
Part of my goal this week was to find the best snack values we could. I think we did pretty well!

Main Street Ice Cream Parlor, Plaza Ice Cream Sundae

Norway's Kringla Bakeri, Chocolate Sweet Pretzel

Goofy's Candy Company, Create-You-Own Rice Krispie Mickey Treats
For this amazing snack, you choose one dipping flavor(Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, or White Chocolate), one topping(more than I can remember!), and one drizzle(Same as dipping flavors). It was an amazing deal, and SO YUMMY!!!!!!!!

Dark Chocolate dipped, M&M covered, White Chocolate drizzled

Dark Chocolate dipped, Oreo covered, White Chocolate drizzle

Not Pictured: I got a Napoleon from France as my last snack, but forgot to take a picture...oops! It was super!

Overall, our week of QSR was lovely. It was nice not to have to worry about packing food or finding a spot to sit for food. And can we just talk about how much I love the Refillable Mug? The amount of soda we drank...every night we would come back after our long day and get a nice cool drink. I love food and had a great time on the DDP!
I am a Disney fanatic. I am a long-time Disneyland Annual Passholder and now a WDW Cast Member. Follow my blog, www.lizzieindisney.blogspot.com for tips, tricks, and dining reviews. And follow me on Twitter @lizzieindisney or Facebook, facebook.com/lizzieindisney

My Dining Review Thread:Living in Disney means Food! My Fine Dining Adventure
LizzieinDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #77
disneymomof1
DIS Veteran

Awesome QSR reviews, shows what a great value it can be, the amount and quality of food is fantastic. And you can get salads and eat healthy if you want.

disneymomof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2013, 08:30 AM   #78
LizzieinDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof1 View Post
Awesome QSR reviews, shows what a great value it can be, the amount and quality of food is fantastic. And you can get salads and eat healthy if you want.
Thanks! It was a great value and super yummy. You really don't have to eat just burgers and chicken nuggets. We would have some dry cereal and Pop Tarts for breakfast in the morning, an early lunch around 11am, a mid afternoon snack, and a late dinner. It was the perfect amount for us!
I am a Disney fanatic. I am a long-time Disneyland Annual Passholder and now a WDW Cast Member. Follow my blog, www.lizzieindisney.blogspot.com for tips, tricks, and dining reviews. And follow me on Twitter @lizzieindisney or Facebook, facebook.com/lizzieindisney

Old 09-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #79
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Fantastic reviews, I'm so pleased they allow the make your own treats on the DDP again
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #80
LizzieinDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Fantastic reviews, I'm so pleased they allow the make your own treats on the DDP again
Thanks! A friend of mine who works at Goofy's Candy Company actually recommend we use our remaining snack credits on make-your-own treats, otherwise I never would have known! But it was an awesome use of a credit

Old 09-29-2013, 08:46 AM   #81
LIBLULA
Mouseketeer

Love your reviews and pictures!!!!:

LIBLULA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #82
momabbate
DIS Veteran

Great QS reviews. I have on my list to try both Flame Tree and Tangierine Cafe. Your sandwich at BOG looks like something my hubby would love. I hadn't heard they put the Make your own treats back on DDp. Sounds like I will have to make a trip over there too.
momabbate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:06 PM   #83
LizzieinDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIBLULA View Post
Love your reviews and pictures!!!!:
Thanks! It's great to have you along. Have an amazing time on your girls trip! Maybe I will see you in Epcot

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabbate View Post
Great QS reviews. I have on my list to try both Flame Tree and Tangierine Cafe. Your sandwich at BOG looks like something my hubby would love. I hadn't heard they put the Make your own treats back on DDp. Sounds like I will have to make a trip over there too.
Thanks! Both Flame Tree and Tangeriene were on the top of my list this week, and they didn't disappoint. The sandwich at BOG was totally yummy. The thick baguette really made it for me. I hope he enjoys it! And YES! Make your own treats are back on! At least at Goofy's...there is so much I have to learn about Disney, until last week, I didn't even know you could make your own treats. Now, I just want to go back there... Have an magical afternoon!

Old 09-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #84
khaleesi
Life is a Special Occasion

Oh, this is so much fun to read! You have a great writing style. Off to check out your blog shortly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieinDisney View Post
It is totally okay! I often order a kids meal, and several times we have ordered just apps and drinks. At Disney, whatever you would like is totally okay Believe me, I have been through the training...Next time, please don't hesitate to order whatever you would like!
So does that mean it won't be frowned upon if I waste a coveted Le Cellier ADR to order a bowl of soup and a glass of water?

Trying hard to figure out a way to get to The World in December 2015. Stay tuned!

Love and pixie dust,
Sue
khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:42 PM   #85
LizzieinDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaleesi View Post
Oh, this is so much fun to read! You have a great writing style. Off to check out your blog shortly

So does that mean it won't be frowned upon if I waste a coveted Le Cellier ADR to order a bowl of soup and a glass of water?
Thanks for stopping by! You are too sweet, so glad you enjoyed the reviews! I think Disney food is always fun.... As for Le Cellier, I certainly wouldn't think so. You should be fine. It is my plan to check out that restaurant soon, but just for dessert. I have a terrible sweet tooth...you should be fine, there are no rules stating you must order a whole meal. And I have heard the cheese soup is incredible! Have a magical evening!

Old 10-08-2013, 11:22 PM   #86
LizzieinDisney
Mouseketeer

Boatwrights, Port Orleans, Riverside

Whew! Things have been so busy these past few weeks, I haven't even been able to go out to eat, much less write a dining review! But the other day, a few friends and I finally found time to enjoy a lovely meal. And, we decide to check out another one of those off-the-beaten-track places called Boatwrights at Port Orleans Riverside. If you are looking for some good Cajun cooking, this is the place to find it! With some yummy Louisiana cooking, if you are staying at Port Orleans or happen to be in the area, this place will not disappoint!

The view from right outside the restaurant. It is so lovely!

Lets start with the atmosphere. First off, the towering shell of a boat floats majestically above the dining room. This is an open dining room that looks out over the walkway from the lobby to the food court. However, I didn't find the noise to affect our meal in the least bit.

I loved the table settings!

While the atmosphere of Boatwrights is quaint and enjoyable, it isn't jaw dropping or anything to write home about. The food, however....

Check out the old boat-building instruments hanging

Now we move on to the best part of any meal. The food!!!!! the menus had some incredible looking options, so we started with the fried crawfish tails as an appetizer.

With the tangy sauce on top, these little guys were a treat. However, one of my dining friends(Her name is Tabby, and she wanted to tell you all of you hello!) who grew up in the Deep South said she could get better ones at home, but these weren't bad. For me, a northerner who really hasn't had southern food, I thought they were great!

Next was the cornbread. It was fantastic! Served warm with butter, the outside was toasty, just like a muffin top. But inside, it was soft and moist. The taste was wonderful! A superb bread service.

Doesn't this lemonade look so cool? And yummy...

Then, it was on to the main course. I am fairly adventurous and wanted to try something I had never had before. Roll out the catfish! I saw this on the menu, and after debating between that or Jambalya, the catfish one. And it was an excellent decision! I had never had catfish before, and it didn't disappoint.

The seasoning was slightly spicy but with a nice flavor. The rice was good, and the Cayenne butter sauce was a nice touch and complimented the dish. It also came with asparagus, which I did not care for, but that was nothing against the dish, I just don't really like asparagus.

My friends got several different dishes, and they all enjoyed them. The consensus was the catfish was better than the chicken, so while the chicken was good, if you are debating, get the catfish

The Pork Chop

The Voodoo Chicken

The Pasta With Shrimp

Then it was on to dessert! I had the Butterscotch Creme Brûlée. It was yummy, but not my favorite dish in the world. I felt it had a liquor taste to it, but I really don't know why, cause as far as I know, it had no liquor in it.

However, a few bites in, I began to find it nice. I liked it, in the end, but it won't be my first choice of dessert. The pecan pie and the chocolate cake were both fantastic.

The Chocolate Cake

The Pecan Pie and Ice Cream

Overall, we enjoyed our evening at Boatwrights immensely. If you are staying at Port Orleans, this is an excellent place for a meal, but I wouldn't go out of your way to come here. Enjoy your meal and happy eating!

Old 10-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #87
momabbate
DIS Veteran

Hope to eat at Boatwright one day. If only to say I have. The menu does have some nice choices. I think your catfish and crawfish looks good. Makes me want to go find some crawfish. Thanks for the review.
momabbate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #88
LizzieinDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabbate View Post
Hope to eat at Boatwright one day. If only to say I have. The menu does have some nice choices. I think your catfish and crawfish looks good. Makes me want to go find some crawfish. Thanks for the review.
No problem I hope you get the chance to try it. It was yummy!!!!

Old 10-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #89
rbishopmd
Earning My Ears

Just loved your review of BOG; gave me tinglies; we have ADR's for our trip in April; so excited! My guess is, we will end up doing lunch there in addition to our dinner ADR!
rbishopmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #90
LizzieinDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbishopmd View Post
Just loved your review of BOG; gave me tinglies; we have ADR's for our trip in April; so excited! My guess is, we will end up doing lunch there in addition to our dinner ADR!
Yay! So excited you got an ADR. Having now done lunch a few times, there is really nothing like dinner If you can, try to do your ADR before the QSR. For me, it was truly grand being welcomed into the ballroom the first time. I hope your experience is as magical as ours was!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: