Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #1336
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425

Interesting...I could never do that, though. It just seems wrong to me.
Yeah I couldn't either....but its an option I guess.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #1337
sargenca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiorox View Post
I'm taking my cooler. If we have a fridge fine. If not, fine. This is what I used to do before and we got the fridge.
This^ We are checking in on 10/4 and we'll be fine either way. Of course I would prefer a fridge but we'll make do. The fridges are being replaced because of a possible safety hazard. Not to stick it to us.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #1338
Letsbgoofy
Can live with dry heat
My Mickey waffle maker is a cheap park fix for me!
I like the scallops the best.

Quote:
The letters are written in capital letters on the inside of your band. Sometimes a CM might say your name when you scan your band to go on a ride because your name pops up on their screen. Otherwise it's discreet.
Quote:
Your name is on the inside of the band, very small. You have to take the band off to see the name.
Okay, that makes a lot more sense than having adults walking around with their names displayed. Thanks for the information. Now I just need to decide if I want to keep the pink or switch to green...oh the decisions! I wish they came in purple.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #1339
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsbgoofy View Post

Okay, that makes a lot more sense than having adults walking around with their names displayed. Thanks for the information. Now I just need to decide if I want to keep the pink or switch to green...oh the decisions! I wish they came in purple.
All of us who want purple should put that in our survey. I wanted purple too and know so many people who wanted it. With out purple I had a hard time choosing between pink, green, and blue.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #1340
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
I just asked at the food court why an entire station has been closed down all week. They said it was because occupancy is low.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OThopeful35 View Post
It was closed for the two days we were there as well on 7/31-8/2.
We were at AoA in June and walked over to Pop to have lunch on 6/27. One of the stations was closed that day as well and we were there around 11:30 so it was quite busy in the food court. I think the "occupancy is low" excuse is just the standard response. I suspect it's more of a money-saving/cost-cutting issue.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #1341
anniebabymu
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! We are a family of four... me, DH, DD5 (6 at the time of our trip) and DD2 (turning 3 during our trip!)... that are planning our next trip to WDW for May 2014! We will most likely be traveling with my MIL and FIL. I priced everything out and my DH actually agreed to a 10 day trip! In order for that to happen, we're planning to stay at Pop! It will be our first stay at Pop!

I just had a quick question about standard vs. preferred. We're all able bodied with no health issues, so walking is not a problem for us. What is however is how long we have to walk with a melting down, post-park almost 3 year old! Ha ha! And another thing is that we'd ideally love to be in the 50's section because my FIL loves the 50's and my DD5 loves Lady and the Tramp!

By looking at the maps on here, I know there are standard rooms in the 50's section and we can request to be in that section... but what are the odds of us actually getting that building if we request #1 connecting rooms and #2 50's section? Just trying to decide if paying extra for preferred is worth it for us!

Thanks in advance!
November 2014: Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon, Girls Only Trip, Pop Century, MVMCP

10 Nights, 9 Days, 2 Birthdays and 1 Magical May 2014 Vacation PTR
Whew... That's a big 'Tato Head! 10 Amazing Days in May '14! Trip Report

Me DH DD6 DD3
Old 09-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #1342
GoofyMB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniebabymu View Post
Hey everyone! We are a family of four... me, DH, DD5 (6 at the time of our trip) and DD2 (turning 3 during our trip!)... that are planning our next trip to WDW for May 2014! We will most likely be traveling with my MIL and FIL. I priced everything out and my DH actually agreed to a 10 day trip! In order for that to happen, we're planning to stay at Pop! It will be our first stay at Pop!

I just had a quick question about standard vs. preferred. We're all able bodied with no health issues, so walking is not a problem for us. What is however is how long we have to walk with a melting down, post-park almost 3 year old! Ha ha! And another thing is that we'd ideally love to be in the 50's section because my FIL loves the 50's and my DD5 loves Lady and the Tramp!

By looking at the maps on here, I know there are standard rooms in the 50's section and we can request to be in that section... but what are the odds of us actually getting that building if we request #1 connecting rooms and #2 50's section? Just trying to decide if paying extra for preferred is worth it for us!

Thanks in advance!
Request are just that and not guaranteed. I would suggest that when you check in if you do not get your request to ask them if they could meet the request if you upgraded and paid the preferred rate. You may get some pixie dust, they may charge you the upgrade and meet your request or it may simply just be unavailable. It never hurts to ask.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #1343
need_a_Disney_fix
There is nothing like floofing and twirling on a Friday night!
Sleeping bags and canned biscuits scare the crap out of me

Rapid Fill beverage service at Pop yet?
Old 09-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #1344
matalec
Earning My Ears

I will be there September 8 through the 13th. I'm going to be proposing, so I'm very excited/nervous at the same time. Any pointers would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Old 09-01-2013, 09:44 PM   #1345
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by matalec
I will be there September 8 through the 13th. I'm going to be proposing, so I'm very excited/nervous at the same time. Any pointers would be great.

Wow congratulations! Do you have a location in mind? I have read that you can get a photographer to catch the moment.

My advice : don't worry about it too much (I know, easy for me to say) it will be a blur. Get down on one knee, tell her how much you love her and how much she means to you and you're golden!

Good luck!
Old 09-01-2013, 09:44 PM   #1346
brockash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by need_a_Disney_fix View Post
Rapid Fill beverage service at Pop yet?
We just checked in today and got the new mugs...the stations rnt active yet though. I'm pretty sure I read the stations will become "live" this Tuesday.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #1347
Tara8595
DIS Veteran

Just checked out yesterday

Rapid Fill is eminent. They are only selling RF mugs, and the announced pricing for RF is the one that is displayed. While I was there, the little LCD screens on the drink machines turned on that say "Rapid Fill". One of the drink stations had the front panel removed and was showing wires, so I'm guessing they were working on it. BUT - old mugs still worked as of Saturday morning, 8/31. It does look like it will be quite a while before iced tea and coffee will require Rapid Fill, unless they totally remove or replace the current machines.

Our room's refrigerator had a note on it about not using it and 'please don't turn it on' - but it was on when we got there. So we used it for 8 days without incident. It didn't catch on fire thank goodness.

Magic bands worked great - loved them but want a watch 'bandit' so I don't have to wear both my watch and my band. By the end of the trip I realized I could actually put my MB over my watch and it stayed put pretty well and was more comfy that way. Otherwise, sweaty sweaty sweaty. And those little 'bandits' (like Croc jibbets) pop off really easy, so watch what you are doing putting backpacks on and off, etc., if you decide to purchase them.

Interestingly enough, now that I have my band, I can make FP+ reservations for any point through early November even without a reservation - so that answers the question about ability to use offsite. Once you have a band, you can. I imagine once MBs go site-wide, they'll start offering to dayguests at merchandise locations or maybe guest relations.
9/00-BWI, 12/00-CSR, 5/01-ASMo, 10/01-POR/AKL, 12/01-YC, 5/02-BWI, 7/02-AKL, 9/02-BC, 10/02-YC, 5/03-BWI, 9/03-Disneyland-DLH, 10/03-GF, 2/04-BWI, 5/04-POFQ, 10/04-Pop, 5/05-AKL, 6/05-Disneyland DGC, 8/05-Pop, 10/05-BWI, 1/06-ASMu, 8/06-Pop, 3/07-Pop, 2/08-Pop, 8/08-Poly(DS 1st visit), 1/09-Pop, 5/09-Pop, 10/09-AKL, 12/09-Contemp MK Tower, 3/10-Buena Vista Suites, 6/10-POR, 10/10-Disneyland DGC, 1/11-ASSp, 5/11-BCV, 9/11-POFQ, 11/11-Pop, 4/12-Pop, 5/12-Disneyland-ParkVueInn(yuck)/DLH, 10/12-Pop, 12/12-AoA, 1/13 CBR-Pirate, 5/13-Pop, 8/13-Pop, 11/13-BWV, 11/13 Caribe Royale, 5/14 Pop, 6/14-Disneyland DGC, 10/14-AoA
Old 09-01-2013, 10:03 PM   #1348
Tara8595
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniebabymu View Post

I've stayed at Pop a LOT. I've only once not gotten my request, and that was a trip in mid August several years ago. In May, you should have no problem getting standard in 50s, 60s, or 70s. All are about the same walk, with 60s being closest. Even though standard rooms may be in the back of the building - rooms are equally distant from the centrally located elevators, so it doesn't really matter whether you are standard or preferred for distance, unless you are on the first floor. Be aware though that first floor rooms get more walk-by traffic, and preferred rooms except 70s, border the pool areas and are less quiet, and in 60s are downright noisy during the daytime.

If you don't get your wish, simply don't unpack everything, and call in the morning after your first night, and ask to be moved to your requested location. If it's available (and it usually is first thing any given morning) They will move your stuff for you, and you can just head to the parks, and get to your new room by the time you get back.
9/00-BWI, 12/00-CSR, 5/01-ASMo, 10/01-POR/AKL, 12/01-YC, 5/02-BWI, 7/02-AKL, 9/02-BC, 10/02-YC, 5/03-BWI, 9/03-Disneyland-DLH, 10/03-GF, 2/04-BWI, 5/04-POFQ, 10/04-Pop, 5/05-AKL, 6/05-Disneyland DGC, 8/05-Pop, 10/05-BWI, 1/06-ASMu, 8/06-Pop, 3/07-Pop, 2/08-Pop, 8/08-Poly(DS 1st visit), 1/09-Pop, 5/09-Pop, 10/09-AKL, 12/09-Contemp MK Tower, 3/10-Buena Vista Suites, 6/10-POR, 10/10-Disneyland DGC, 1/11-ASSp, 5/11-BCV, 9/11-POFQ, 11/11-Pop, 4/12-Pop, 5/12-Disneyland-ParkVueInn(yuck)/DLH, 10/12-Pop, 12/12-AoA, 1/13 CBR-Pirate, 5/13-Pop, 8/13-Pop, 11/13-BWV, 11/13 Caribe Royale, 5/14 Pop, 6/14-Disneyland DGC, 10/14-AoA
Old 09-01-2013, 10:03 PM   #1349
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by matalec View Post

So advice done out it on the reservation for anything before you actually ask if your S/O is the type of person who needs to be right beside you at all times. If it is already on the reservation make sure only your phone number is on it and tell him/her to go check out the gift shop while you check in. Do the same for all dinning reservations leading up to the proposal as well. I've heard too many stories of the surprise being ruined when it was put directly onto reservations because CMs sometimes go in to auto mode and just go congratulations or let me get you buttons etc.

(Also sorry if I offended with the him/her I never like to assume these days and I don't know you personally)
Old 09-01-2013, 10:21 PM   #1350
verlee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara8595 View Post
And those little 'bandits' (like Croc jibbets) pop off really easy, so watch what you are doing putting backpacks on and off, etc., if you decide to purchase them.
FYI about this, when my son bought some bandits at the POP gift store the CM told me that if he loses one that we should let them know because they may be able to replace it with an extra one they have in the back. And of course, the first day he wore it the bandit popped off. They are not very secure! We went to the CM on duty and she found a replacement for him!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: