Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #1216
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
sigh.. fare well Mom's night out! FRIED chicken, turkey, meatloaf. farewell shrimp lo mein.( a favorite!!!) farewelll chicken alfredo! SIGH!!!
Sadly, we chose Pop over ASMu or ASMo this trip because when I looked at the Allears menu is showed the alfredo...my DD15's favorite! She literally ate it every day on our trip last year at ASMo. She was okay with trying out Pop this year as long as she could still eat all the alfredo she wanted...then I discovered the "new menu". Then to hear all the negative reviews about Pop's food court lately sure doesn't help.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:44 AM   #1217
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
Sadly, we chose Pop over ASMu or ASMo this trip because when I looked at the Allears menu is showed the alfredo...my DD15's favorite! She literally ate it every day on our trip last year at ASMo. She was okay with trying out Pop this year as long as she could still eat all the alfredo she wanted...then I discovered the "new menu". Then to hear all the negative reviews about Pop's food court lately sure doesn't help.
If you don't mind a little walking, you can always cross the bridge to AoA, where they have a "design your own" pasta dish. You choose from the type of pasta, sauce, and some toppings (including chicken). Maybe you can do that a few times.
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2013, 10:45 AM   #1218
TrixyA
Mouseketeer

I am kind of curious, how often do folks actually eat at their resort? We have an occasional breakfast there, but eat almost all of our meals in the parks or DD.

It has never once occurred to me to choose my resort based on the dining options?

Heading down to Pop for the first time in 13 days! (Happy Dance!)

January, 1997 ~ All Star Music | December, 2000 ~ Coronado Springs
June, 2001 ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins
January, 2003 ~ Contemporary / FtW-Cabins
December, 2003 ~ Contemporary | December 2004 ~ The Swan
October, 2005 (Hurricane Wilma!) ~ PO French Quarter
January, 2006 ~ Contemporary | May, 2006 ~ Beach Club/The Swan
July, 2006 ~ Yacht Club | December, 2006 ~ The Dolphin
July, 2007 ~ PO French Quarter
July, 2008 ~ Contemporary (upgraded from PO Riverside!)
January, 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge | July, 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club
October 2012 ~ PO Riverside | January 2013 ~ PO Riverside
September 2013 ~ Pop Century
Old 08-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #1219
vleeth
I heart Disney

We eat 2 or 3...arrival evening and the day we don't do the parks to relax and shop. Dd gets pool time in after we eat.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #1220
makochibi
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixyA View Post
I am kind of curious, how often do folks actually eat at their resort? We have an occasional breakfast there, but eat almost all of our meals in the parks or DD.

It has never once occurred to me to choose my resort based on the dining options?

We only plan to eat there one meal. Everything else will be in the parks, DTD or TS at other hotels.

Me: WDW 1998-off site and WDW 2001-off site
DH: 3-5 trips to DL as a kid
DD: WDW 9/2013 (bday trip)

Old 08-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #1221
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
and for future reference this is how the room number works...
it is a four digit number broken down the following way....
the first digit is your bldg number.... and if it is a 0 that is bldg 10
the second digit is the floor... so it will be a 1, 2, 3 or 4
the third and fourth digits will be your actual room number within the bldg... which will be 01 thru 72.

so for example if you had room 3150, you would be in bldg 3 in the fifties, on the first floor in room 50. HTH!

BTW, AoA's numbering works the same way except their room numbers may not go as high since they have suites instead of rooms.
Just wanted to add that the second digit of AoA room numbers also indicate the floor, but because it's so close to Pop they use 5, 6, 7, 8 as differentiators. 5 equals first floor, and so on. That way you won't have the same room number at the neighboring resorts.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 08-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #1222
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Hmmm....that's a bit strange....
I know the southwest burger is specifically listed on the menu, but I was able to order a bacon cheeseburger in June. As a matter of fact, I had one at both POP & AoA and the one from POP was SOOOO much better (juicier)!! The one at AoA was horribly Dry, so much so I needed a couple of mugfuls of soda to help wash it down!!
Have you tried asking for a bacon cheeseburger? I think they are readily available upon request.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnascar2x View Post
I was there about 2 weeks ago and was able to order a bacon cheeseburger.
Yep, my oldest got a bacon cheeseburger there 2 weeks ago. Definitely available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
I hear lots of complaints about the food court.

We will mostlikely only eat breakfast there once or twice. We plan on being out and about for the other meals.

Is breakfast at POP still good?

Should we walk over and eat breakfast at AoA instead?
I didn't have a bad meal - breakfast, lunch, or dinner - at Pop a few weeks ago. I went into it thinking I was going to hate it all b/c of the negative reviews - but, honestly - it was very similar to what they had previously, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
For those of you who have tried the new menu, What do you recommend for someone who has never been there? I'm sure I'll get my fill of hamburgers and chicken tenders at the parks and we plan to have dinner at Pop at least twice. So suggestions please.

Also is there anything for lunch that is pre packaged that we can take with us to the dark side?
The pizza bread was good, loved the Poppin Nachos (they are massive, though...a family can easily share them!!), salads were good, my boys loved the burgers, and the gravy fries were tasty, too. We split a pizza and salad one night between the 4 of us and it was PLENTY and it was good and it was cheap! We had no complaints at all...

Quote:

We head to the park super early, then come back to the resort and swim/have lunch. Depending on timing, we might eat dinner there again before heading out to the parks again at night.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #1223
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba77 View Post
If you don't mind a little walking, you can always cross the bridge to AoA, where they have a "design your own" pasta dish. You choose from the type of pasta, sauce, and some toppings (including chicken). Maybe you can do that a few times.
That's what we plan on doing. She doesn't even like the chicken (doesn't like most meat)...she's a crazy picky eater, but she LOVES the pasta and alfredo with garlic sticks.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #1224
WishingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post

Hopefully they realize this & change it back by Nov 17th. Lol.

Maybe we should all stand outside POP with signs & protest. "We want fried chicken, Alfredo & shrimp lo mein back!!" :rofl;

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Or even better, by September 17 . ( wishful thinking, I know)
2013 - Pop Century, MNSSHP

Planning my "I'm 43 and just graduated from University" trip, August 2015

Me DH DD15 DD4
Old 08-29-2013, 01:33 PM   #1225
shelby2001
Always thought "I'm a Believer" was an old Monkees song, until the Tag Fairy craze came along!

Just returned from Pop yesterday and coming from deluxe and moderate resorts we did really like it, the food court was good, room was small but we did manage, and I am happy to report that we were in the 90's building and we had a new working fridge. Bus transportation was good at all the parks but downtown was a little slower we did wait about 20 minutes on night.
Any questions please feel free to ask away.

Also we did use the computer pool which was great kids loved it as the main pool was closed each time we went to it due to various reason.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #1226
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We don't usually eat that much at the resort. We eat breakfast everyday except the day we eat at CP. On arrival day we eat dinner at POP and depending on our departure flight time we eat lunch at POP. My DH has been known to grab something when we get back from the parks and he used to grab the alfredo.

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only);
Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
Old 08-29-2013, 02:40 PM   #1227
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We tend to eat quite a few meals at the resort. We don't *plan* to eat at the resort all the time, it just works out that way. Most days we like to take an afternoon break from the parks and head back to the resort so we usually eat lunch in the park but then have dinner at the resort before heading back to a park for the evening. And on our "sleep in" days, we might grab an early lunch at the resort before heading to a park or DTD for the afternoon/evening. Those days we eat dinner in the park.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #1228
jwjulie
Earning My Ears

Just completed our online check in! 60 days to go! Waiting for my friend to get home so we can pick our FP+, our MagicBands have been ordered! It's all so real now, I'm so excited! My first stay at Pop and her first time to the World in 20 years!!
Old 08-29-2013, 04:18 PM   #1229
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We are at Pop for 13 days and we usually go to the parks early and end up back at the resort around dinner time. We ate one dinner at Pop. We are eating the rest of our dinners at AofA. So the food at our resort is usually pretty important to us.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:39 PM   #1230
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Since we've got free dining this upcoming trip, we plan to eat almost always at other places (DD or the parks). With so many great choices, (like Wolfgang Puck express, for example), we'll probably only eat at POP when we're not going to go "out" on a particular night (which won't be often). However, there are a few dishes I'm interested in trying (like the Mediterranean flatbread). It seems like POP's new menu has enough "safe" choices that I'll find 3 or 4 dishes I like very easily.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: