Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #106
WishingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

michelle, excellent advice from two veteran DISers

My thought is that in the end if your mother cannot go, is that Disney will credit back your Mother's park ticket, the extra adult charge (and will remove the additional Dining credits) from your room allotment.

Especially with Free Dining, Disney's rule is that everyone on the reservation (adults) must check in. Disney will not allow dining credits to remain on a room if a guest does not check in, so it follows (hopefully) that they will remove the extra adult fee and the park ticket. Disney is fairly understanding, especially when there is a medical situation.

I wanted to add that I do hope that your Dad's health improves to enable your Mom to accompany you on this trip.
I don't know if it has changed, but in 2009 then DF (DH later in that trip) didn't check in with us due to an emergency at home, they didn't taken away any of his dining credits. He did check in 3 days later though. They didn't change any of the charges either. Again, things may have changed since then. (We didn't let Disney know until I arrived.)
2013 - Pop Century, MNSSHP
Me DH DD15 DD4
Old 07-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #107
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425

I read that they have turkey bacon and chicken sausage. What I don't know is if that is all they have.

Has anyone had either of these items and do they have pork varieties available?
Smitch, I did get REAL BACON in June!! I had it at Bfast one morning and I had it on my bacon cheesburger! YAY!!
Can't speak for the pig variety sausage...sorry...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2013, 06:59 PM   #108
ToyStory3
DIS Veteran

Staying at Pop for the first time in November. What are some of the popular room requests? I don't care too much about view or which floor I'm on but I'd prefer not to be too far from food court and buses. 50s or 60s section?? Thanks!

Old 07-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #109
faithsmth
Mouseketeer

We will be staying at POP in October. We are going to change our reservation from AOA to POP when FD is offered. Do you think that the rooms at POP will sale out fast when the promotion takes place? I'm nervous.

Me DH DD

Old 07-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #110
ArielRae
1042 mi from WDW

Ok here is a question I really want/need a fridge to have my milk in the morning for my cereal (bringing from home)and I find it very inconvenent and more expensive to have to go to food court every morning. I understand they are offering $15 for not having a fridge but I rather have the fridge. If they can't get me a fridge would it be to much to ask if they move me to a different resort that has a fridge in the room? I won't let them send me to the all stars. Been there never going back no matter what. So it would have to be AOA mermaid room I am guessing or somewhere else. I'll be there the end of August and part of the Magic Band/FP+ testing. Guessing that would mess with the testing if they moved me too. What other resorts are part of this test other then Pop?
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2006
Pop Century - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009(Pregnant), 2013(Solo)
Fort Wilderness - 2012(Tent Camping), 2013(DS's 1st Trip), 2013
Disney's Wonder - 2006
Disney's Dream - 2011
Disney's Fantasy - 2012(Thanksgiving Cruise)

Old 07-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #111
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielRae View Post
Ok here is a question I really want/need a fridge to have my milk in the morning for my cereal (bringing from home)and I find it very inconvenent and more expensive to have to go to food court every morning. I understand they are offering $15 for not having a fridge but I rather have the fridge. If they can't get me a fridge would it be to much to ask if they move me to a different resort that has a fridge in the room? I won't let them send me to the all stars. Been there never going back no matter what. So it would have to be AOA mermaid room I am guessing or somewhere else. I'll be there the end of August and part of the Magic Band/FP+ testing. Guessing that would mess with the testing if they moved me too. What other resorts are part of this test other then Pop?
I don't believe changing resorts would help anyway...the fridge issue is not just at Pop, it's a WDW-wide issue at ALL the resorts. They are having to replace them all.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:28 PM   #112
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Only 115 days till we are back at POP. If you ask me that's 115 days to long.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only)

I've been sprung....YEAH
Old 07-25-2013, 08:30 PM   #113
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post

Smitch, I did get REAL BACON in June!! I had it at Bfast one morning and I had it on my bacon cheesburger! YAY!!
Can't speak for the pig variety sausage...sorry...
Oh thank god. I would've cried if they didn't have bacon. Have to have it with my POP waffle every morning. Wannabe bacon just won't do it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only)

I've been sprung....YEAH
Old 07-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #114
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyStory3
Staying at Pop for the first time in November. What are some of the popular room requests? I don't care too much about view or which floor I'm on but I'd prefer not to be too far from food court and buses. 50s or 60s section?? Thanks!
I'd say either or would be just fine! While I love the lake view rooms of the 60's, I must admit that I have become rather partial to the 50's! It is now my absolute favorite!!! I love how quiet it is but yet you are not far from anything!!! It just suits me perfectly!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #115
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielRae View Post
sorry to disappoint you, but a lot of people were counting on having milk in their fridge for their cereal, so it's not a need. the few fridges they have will be for medical needs.

the little mermaid section of AOA is consistently totally booked, since people who dont' need or want to pay for a suite still want to experience the newest resort. (that's why we paid rack rate there this last APril when there were rrom only discounts availabe everywhere else. they don't need to offer discounts at AOA LM section.
maybe get one of those collapsible styrofoam coolers?

I know, it bites... we finally got free fridges at the values....
Old 07-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #116
ToyStory3
DIS Veteran

Would asking to be close to the food court be a reasonable request. That would mean we would also be close to buses correct?

Old 07-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #117
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
I'd say either or would be just fine! While I love the lake view rooms of the 60's, I must admit that I have become rather partial to the 50's! It is now my absolute favorite!!! I love how quiet it is but yet you are not far from anything!!! It just suits me perfectly!
we, too. love the 50's. the bowling pin pool is very big. and you dont' have that (in our opinion, as empty nesters) obnoxious "pool party".

dont' mind the games. but that LOUD teeny bopper, music (beyonce, katy perry, etc) at the 50's you get to hear 50's music in the background. at the 60's you get to hear 60's music.. until.. dumdumdumdumdum... disco party time!!!!!.

also, in the 50's you are still close enought to the 60's to go over to the hippy dippy pool if you want. (of course, as an aging hippy, it is SACRILIGE!!! i tell you, to call a pool "hippy dippy" and blare teeny bopper music.)
Old 07-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #118
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyStory3 View Post
Would asking to be close to the food court be a reasonable request. That would mean we would also be close to buses correct?
it would be a reasonable request. but the preferred rooms are priced and labeled preferred, not because of the view, but because of their proximity to the food court/buses.

you might get a room in the 90's or 80's as you can cut across the parking lot to the buses and food court.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:28 PM   #119
linzjriley
Earning My Ears

Just 1 Pop food court question, can you still get the "King" cupcake? Please tell me it hasn't left the building!
Old 07-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #120
jennbunn
Mouseketeer

it was there when we went in may.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: