Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #1096
Simba77
DIS Veteran
 
Simba77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell2528 View Post
what parks sell these delicious treat? Thank you also for the information
Aloha Isle @ Magic Kingdom
__________________
Simba77 is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #1097
tinkerbell2528
Mouseketeer
 
tinkerbell2528's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba77 View Post

Aloha Isle @ Magic Kingdom
😃 Thank you. Guess this is going to have to be my first stop. YUM 👍👍😋

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________




Our Family
Me:DH: DD(11) DS:RIP(4) Sparky
WDW 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 14
tinkerbell2528 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #1098
scjo68
DIS Veteran
 
scjo68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,326

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfawcetti
Just checked in at Pop... No working fridge, but got one delivered for medical purposes... and the RIFD mugs went live today. Just a quick update before we head to MK

G
Interesting about the mugs. We just checked out yesterday and as of Friday AFAIK, they were only selling old non RFID mugs. Anyone know how they handle the transition? If we were still there today, how would we use the mugs we just got a couple of days ago? They did not mention the coming change when Dh bought a mug Wednesday.
__________________
Jan. 2003 POR, Jan. 2004 POR, Jan. 2006 POR, Jan. 2007 POFQ, Jan. 2008 POFQ
Aug. 2009 Poly, Aug. 2010 CR (Family of the day/ Hospitality Suite)
Aug. 2011 Poly, Aug. 2012 POFQ, Jan. 2013 POR
Aug. 2013 POP, Nov. 2013 CR, Aug. 2014 POP
scjo68 is online now  
Old 08-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #1099
cfriend416
DIS Veteran
 
cfriend416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 606

Quote:
Originally Posted by scjo68 View Post

Interesting about the mugs. We just checked out yesterday and as of Friday AFAIK, they were only selling old non RFID mugs. Anyone know how they handle the transition? If we were still there today, how would we use the mugs we just got a couple of days ago? They did not mention the coming change when Dh bought a mug Wednesday.
I was wondering the same thing myself. I don't see them allowing people to trade in a regular mug for a Rapid Fill, seeing as so many people bring old mugs.
cfriend416 is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #1100
scjo68
DIS Veteran
 
scjo68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,326

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfriend416

I was wondering the same thing myself. I don't see them allowing people to trade in a regular mug for a Rapid Fill, seeing as so many people bring old mugs.
I can understand that, because they wouldn't necessarily know if your mug is new or old. They could ask for a receipt, to dee the date of purchase, but I would not be able to find my receipt.

This is why I am surprised that nothing was said so close to the transition date. They could have told me to be sure to save my receipt because in a few days the mug I was buying would be obsolete, but that with my receipt I would be able to exchange it.

Perhaps there will be an overlap period. I would love to hear from anyone there currently to see how it's handled.

Who am I kidding? I wound love to be there still, myself, rather than riding home in the car. I would be glad to investigate new mugs if I could just stay longer!
__________________
Jan. 2003 POR, Jan. 2004 POR, Jan. 2006 POR, Jan. 2007 POFQ, Jan. 2008 POFQ
Aug. 2009 Poly, Aug. 2010 CR (Family of the day/ Hospitality Suite)
Aug. 2011 Poly, Aug. 2012 POFQ, Jan. 2013 POR
Aug. 2013 POP, Nov. 2013 CR, Aug. 2014 POP
scjo68 is online now  
Old 08-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #1101
jpessa
Addicted to Disney
 
jpessa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by scjo68

I can understand that, because they wouldn't necessarily know if your mug is new or old. They could ask for a receipt, to dee the date of purchase, but I would not be able to find my receipt.

This is why I am surprised that nothing was said so close to the transition date. They could have told me to be sure to save my receipt because in a few days the mug I was buying would be obsolete, but that with my receipt I would be able to exchange it.

Perhaps there will be an overlap period. I would love to hear from anyone there currently to see how it's handled.

Who am I kidding? I wound love to be there still, myself, rather than riding home in the car. I would be glad to investigate new mugs if I could just stay longer!
My guess is one the new mugs will have been for sale for 14 days they will activate the machines, since the longest they are good for is 14 days.
jpessa is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #1102
BigCatEars
Earning My Ears
 
BigCatEars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 55

Magic bands set, fastpass+ selections made, only 30 days to go. Super pumped!
BigCatEars is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #1103
Jadeey
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 133

Hi all,

I'll be at Pop from December 28th - January 18th. We'll be heading over to Discovery Cove early on in the trip while it is still crazy busy at the parks. We won't have a car with us so are planning to take a taxi.

Does Pop have taxis outside the resort first thing in the morning or do you need to call and book one?

Thanks! I've never stayed at Pop before (this is only my second trip, last time I stayed at All Star Music) so I am SUPER excited.
Jadeey is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #1104
DH6230
Earning My Ears
 
DH6230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatEars View Post
Magic bands set, fastpass+ selections made, only 30 days to go. Super pumped!
Hey we are also going in about a month. Sept.26-Oct.6. Starting to forward to the trip.
DH6230 is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #1105
ArielRae
1042 mi from WDW
 
ArielRae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,312

Just arrived at pop. It is 5:00pm and heading to DTD. New mugs are for sale by old mugs still being used. Makes sence if they get new mugs out and old mugs gone then activate the system. No fridge in my room building 6. Did ask about the $15 credit and they opted to give me one of the medical fridges. Guess enough people are leaving they can offer them to those who ask for a fridge now.
__________________
Offsite - 1999(1st WDW Trip - High School Senior Trip)
Offsite - 2014(Quality Inn & Suites)
All Star Music - 2005(Honeymoon)
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2006
Pop Century - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009(Pregnant), 2013(Solo), 2104(Mother & Son Trip)
Fort Wilderness - 2012(Tent Camping), 2013(DS's 1st Trip), 2013
Disney's Wonder - 2006
Disney's Dream - 2011
Disney's Fantasy - 2012(Thanksgiving Cruise)

ArielRae is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #1106
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7
 
TinkerbellLuvr7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL-5 mins from the WDW Arch!
Posts: 5,249

Got the notification on disney.com today that our magic bands will be delivered to the front desk for when we check in on Friday!
__________________
Me(Megan)
TinkerbellLuvr7 is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #1107
jpessa
Addicted to Disney
 
jpessa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Got the notification on disney.com today that our magic bands will be delivered to the front desk for when we check in on Friday!
Is this because you don't reside in the US?
jpessa is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #1108
sjhanksaz
Mouseketeer
 
sjhanksaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 171

Just personalized our Magic Bands for our trip in the first week of October!!!!
sjhanksaz is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #1109
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7
 
TinkerbellLuvr7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL-5 mins from the WDW Arch!
Posts: 5,249

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post
Is this because you don't reside in the US?
We booked last Tuesday. My friend who works at CSR said they are testing all different options and scenarios. I booked a room at Yacht the same day for the night after POP and we got our MB on Thursday so I'm not sure what the hold-up was for POP but we'll see if they arrive.
I live in the Orlando area so it's funny they can't just ship to my apt. 20 mins from POP!
__________________
Me(Megan)
TinkerbellLuvr7 is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #1110
purpledisneyprncess
DIS Veteran
 
purpledisneyprncess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 795

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielRae View Post
Just arrived at pop. It is 5:00pm and heading to DTD. New mugs are for sale by old mugs still being used. Makes sence if they get new mugs out and old mugs gone then activate the system. No fridge in my room building 6. Did ask about the $15 credit and they opted to give me one of the medical fridges. Guess enough people are leaving they can offer them to those who ask for a fridge now.
Does the medical fridge have a freezer?
__________________
*****If you can dream it, you can do it!*****
purpledisneyprncess is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: