Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #91
DonoMoose
Mouseketeer

hi I've been seeing so many different opinions on the new Pop food court so here's my question. Whenever we really ate at pop our food selections were your basic burgers, pizza & fries, and for breakfast mainly eggs & bacon, bakery items... With that said do you guys still feel that those items are different too? I've been assuming the menu won't really affect us so much due to the types of foods we choose . We never did the fried chicken and so on. What are your thoughts???

9/13(POP) 3/13(AKL) 3/09(Pop) 3/07 (ASM)
9/06(Pop) 04(OP)

ME DH DS11 DS2 DD8
Old 07-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #92
Tinker_Belle
DIS Veteran

What I loved most about the old food court was that they had so much more than burgers, chicken nuggets, etc. I LOVED the parmesan chicken and am most upset about that. The create-your-own salad sounds promising though.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #93
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonoMoose View Post
hi I've been seeing so many different opinions on the new Pop food court so here's my question. Whenever we really ate at pop our food selections were your basic burgers, pizza & fries, and for breakfast mainly eggs & bacon, bakery items... With that said do you guys still feel that those items are different too? I've been assuming the menu won't really affect us so much due to the types of foods we choose . We never did the fried chicken and so on. What are your thoughts???
I read that they have turkey bacon and chicken sausage. What I don't know is if that is all they have.

Has anyone had either of these items and do they have pork varieties available?
Old 07-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #94
Rosanne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Our TA did add request on for us but the CM didn't say anything about the request. I asked if there was a fridge in the room and she said no they had all been disconnected. I asked her about the credit and she said there was one.
Thanks for the info. I will put it in my request when I have to call to adjust days. I am even happier if I actually get a fridge but a credit would be very satisfactory.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #95
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:

I would say that you would be fine because that is the majority of what was available.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 07-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #96
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
I asked about the credit when we checked in and was told there would be a credit applied to our account. I checked our balance about mid week and didn't see it so I asked another CM. He told me the CM that checked us in hadn't applied it to the account so he did it at that time.
When you say a credit - how did this work? Did you get it back in cash when you checked out? Or were you expected to spend it there (like charging back to the room key)?

Old 07-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #97
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota! View Post
When you say a credit - how did this work? Did you get it back in cash when you checked out? Or were you expected to spend it there (like charging back to the room key)?

For us it was a credit against what we charged to the room. I don't know what they would do if you don't charge to your room.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 07-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #98
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer

I'm hoping they will be done with this swap out by December!
DS6

First Family Trip: December 2013

Already planning for 2015!
Old 07-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #99
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalFashionista View Post
I'm hoping they will be done with this swap out by December!
They said 4 months, so it should be done by the beginning of November. But you never know.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 07-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #100
Kat016
DIS Veteran

We'll be there the end of October so I'm hoping they're done by than. We don't need a fridge but it'd be nice to have for any leftovers from the parks and water.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #101
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
We'll be there the end of October so I'm hoping they're done by than. We don't need a fridge but it'd be nice to have for any leftovers from the parks and water.
Us too!

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
Old 07-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #102
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

Quote:
This (and keeping bottled water cold...which is not a necessity for us) is the only reason, for us, that we would want a fridge. We are going to Via Napoli and I would like to bring back some chow for breakfast the next morning, lol! Love love love cold pizza!

We do not charge to the room so I wonder how that would work....

Old 07-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #103
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellelovesthemous View Post
48 hrs before arrival it is all on my card/account how will this work if I have to chane our reservation at check in or even the day before?? We have the ddp and all adrs are for 3 will they be able to adjust our ADR's at check in too?? Does anybody know how much this might cost me? It is due to a medical issue with dad that she might not be able to come- first trip without her it is bittersweet. We arrive for a room only the day before I was wounding if I should just deal with it then, I am stalling cause I want her to come so bad but there is the chance she won't and of course I didn't gt trip insurance this trip either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Does your advice change if it is for a package? Reading Michelle's OP, she said that she has a package with free dining, but a RO ressie for the night before her package starts? I wasn't sure about what she should do because of the package aspect. I know you go A LOT and have more experience, but I think you missed the fact that most of her stay is on a package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Oh Sandi,
You're absolutely right!! I 'only' saw the room only part and missed the pkg part! Wow...that really complicates matters and with it being SO close...UGH!!
I guess what I would probably do if I were in the OP's situation is...if it looks like she's not going, go ahead and call & remove her from the reservation now and pay the change fee which would be $50 (I believe?) I'm not sure that they can adjust a pkg a check in like that? They can upgrade but I don't know that they can take off of a pkg at checkin. I'm not saying for sure they can't, I just don't know that they can. KWIM? And that could be costly!
Now worst case, if they can't remove her from the pkg at this late date, have her ticket removed from her KTTW card, so that the ticket isn't attached to any particular name. And you can save it for future use by anyone! This CAN be done...you may need to get a mgr to do it. Also, talk to a mgr about possibly crediting you the cost of the third adult in the room since she didn't actually come, they MAY be able to work with you on that fee. OP, Feel free to PM me and I'll tell you the mgrs I know and have good relationships with there! BEST of LUCK OP!!
Sorry for the bad advice first time around! I was reading late at night!!

michelle, excellent advice from two veteran DISers

My thought is that in the end if your mother cannot go, is that Disney will credit back your Mother's park ticket, the extra adult charge (and will remove the additional Dining credits) from your room allotment.

Especially with Free Dining, Disney's rule is that everyone on the reservation (adults) must check in. Disney will not allow dining credits to remain on a room if a guest does not check in, so it follows (hopefully) that they will remove the extra adult fee and the park ticket. Disney is fairly understanding, especially when there is a medical situation.

My suggestion... wait until you know for certain if your mom is able to come along (which should be at least a day or two out) and then place the call to Disney and ask to speak to Guest Services and explain the situation. My belief is that Disney will remove the specific charges pertaining to your mother; the park ticket, extra adult fee, and have this amount credited back to your credit card less the $50 change fee.

I wanted to add that I do hope that your Dad's health improves to enable your Mom to accompany you on this trip.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 07-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #104
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
They said 4 months, so it should be done by the beginning of November. But you never know.
Okay, I'm thinking positive, it will be finished and quicker than that! (that's what an upcoming vacation can do to one's attitude!!)

Quote:
Absolutely! Once we have a perk, we do not want to be without it. Pixie Dust the replacement goes smooth and quick.

TY Kook!
Old 07-25-2013, 06:09 PM   #105
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are going in with an open mind... and DonoMoose you zeroed in on a good point, not everyone will be as affected by the dining changes as others, it all depends on likes, habits and how often one utilized the food court.

We are looking forward to trying some new items.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Belle View Post
What I loved most about the old food court was that they had so much more than burgers, chicken nuggets, etc. I LOVED the parmesan chicken and am most upset about that. The create-your-own salad sounds promising though.
We liked the chicken too.... but on the flip side my DD has been eating healthier and will definitely want to try the create your own salad.

TY Kook!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: