Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #931
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmickeyandson View Post
So I'll be at WDW in 2 weeks, obviously, we aren't guaranteed a fridge, so trying to come prepared with some of the horizon milk containers...is this what others are doing? Or do you think buying cartons here and there for my toddler will be feasible? He drinks it maybe 5 times a day..
I'm in the same boat & I'm hoping they are replaced by the time we go in Nov!

Good luck!

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #932
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

checking in for a night next Friday! We got the magic band invites and can't wait to try them out!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #933
PrincesCJM
DIS Veteran

When I was at Pop last month, our fridge was not working. I called about getting a medical fridge because DS (13 months) drinks milk every 3 hours. They apparently felt that it was enough of a reason and/or had some available because we were able to get one in the room. It was a huge help because he wants a milk as soon as he gets up in the morning and running to the food court, while doable, wouldn't have been fun to do all week. It's worth a shot to call and ask. FYI, 1/2 gallons of milk in the food court sold for $2.99. 1/2 gallons at Target are $2.39. I wasn't sure if the new fridge could hold a gallon so I first purchased a 1/2 gallon at Target. When that ran out, I bought another one at the food court and was pleased with the price difference. I was honestly expecting a larger difference. The smaller containers of milk (8oz) were around $1.79 each (not confident on that price though)
Two trips as a child 5/04 - Offsite 8/07 - Offsite/ASSp. DH's first trip. 8/09 - POFQ for honeymoon. 4/11 - Pop Century for our 3rd trip together! 7/11 - Offsite for STS-135 Launch seen from KSCVC 7/13 - Pop Century. DS's first trip! 4/2015 - ?POFQ?

Old 08-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #934
bookbunny
Mouseketeer

Magic Bands and Fast Pass

I am so glad that I read this site everyday. I just found out that I will be receiving magic bands. I was adding my fast pass + and didn't think to look to see if we got bands. Then today I was reading the site and BAMM! I went to the MDE and clicked on the magic bands and BOOMM I got to pick the color of the bands and personalized them. It was great! I am so hyped. I cant wait to be there next month. YEAH!

9/2013, 2/2013, 9/2012, 9/2005, 9/2002, 9/2000 - "POP Century"
9/1998, 9/1996 - "All Star Movie"
9/1994 - "All Star Music"
summer of 80's - Stayed with family

Dined @: Bubba Gumps Shrimp Co, Cape May Café, T-Rex, Crossroads at House of Blues, Fulton's Crab House, Cap n' Jack's, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe', Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, Tony's Town Square, Teppan Edo, Hard Rock Cafe'......
Old 08-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #935
AMGS
Earning My Ears

Beer??

Hello everyone! I never stayed at a disney property before. In octuber it would be our first POP experience, and I'm very excited about.
I want to know if they sell beer, a six pack or more
inside the resort?
I was going to place an order for milk, cereal, ham etc and add beers from garden grocer, but with the whole problem of refrigerators do not know if it's worth. My husband like a beer or two in the room at night after a day of parks, to relax and chat a little. I was wondering if they sell it (not indivual at the bar, but as six package at Everything Pop Shopping and Dining ) and if is too expensive?

Thank for your help.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:29 PM   #936
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

November, has anyone seen November? The 17th to be exact?

Jeez does that make me seem a tad impatient. :rofl:

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only)

I've been sprung....YEAH
Old 08-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #937
DonoMoose
Mouseketeer

Hi guys, I know Pop used to sell 1/2 gallons of milk. Do they still sell them?? Thanks

9/13(POP) 3/13(AKL) 3/09(Pop) 3/07 (ASM)
9/06(Pop) 04(OP)

ME DH DS11 DS2 DD8
Old 08-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #938
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonoMoose View Post
Hi guys, I know Pop used to sell 1/2 gallons of milk. Do they still sell them?? Thanks
Look 4 posts above yours

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 08-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #939
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGS View Post
Hello everyone! I never stayed at a disney property before. In octuber it would be our first POP experience, and I'm very excited about.
inside the resort?
I was going to place an order for milk, cereal, ham etc and add beers from garden grocer, but with the whole problem of refrigerators do not know if it's worth. My husband like a beer or two in the room at night after a day of parks, to relax and chat a little. I was wondering if they sell it (not indivual at the bar, but as six package at Everything Pop Shopping and Dining ) and if is too expensive?

Thank for your help.

They do sell beer in the food court. I know there are pictures of the coolers, let me see if I can find them.

EDIT:

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Last edited by PhoenixStrength; 08-21-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #940
AMGS
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
They do sell beer in the food court. I know there are pictures of the coolers, let me see if I can find them.

EDIT:
Thank you!! The picture is so helpful.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:49 PM   #941
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post
November, has anyone seen November? The 17th to be exact?

Jeez does that make me seem a tad impatient. :rofl:
We'll be there the same dates and I keep checking daily, knowing October's testing/release hasn't even started yet
Old 08-21-2013, 11:26 PM   #942
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
inside the resort?

Thank for your help.

:
there are 3 Hess gas stations on property. one on World driv. one within walking distance from the boardwalk, and one within walkind distance of the DTD disney bus stop. they sell 6 packs, 12 packs, cases, etc for much more reasonable than the food courts. we always tyr to go our 1st night to DTD, use our planet holllywood vouchwers. walk across the street to hess and buy our beer and some snacks for the rest of the rip. (yes, you can bring it on the bus).
without a fridge, you will have to use the ice from the machines, maybe even your sink as a cooler,
Old 08-21-2013, 11:50 PM   #943
sjhanksaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
there are 3 Hess gas stations on property. one on World driv. one within walking distance from the boardwalk, and one within walkind distance of the DTD disney bus stop. they sell 6 packs, 12 packs, cases, etc for much more reasonable than the food courts. we always tyr to go our 1st night to DTD, use our planet holllywood vouchwers. walk across the street to hess and buy our beer and some snacks for the rest of the rip. (yes, you can bring it on the bus).
without a fridge, you will have to use the ice from the machines, maybe even your sink as a cooler,
Can you buy bottled water by the case there at a resonable price?
Old 08-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #944
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
inside the resort?

Thank for your help.

We took a soft-sided cooler with us in July and just kept it full of ice. Was perfect for our Garden Grocer order that included some beer and wine.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 08-22-2013, 07:29 AM   #945
luvs2travl
Dream BIG...Live GRAND

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
Can you buy bottled water by the case there at a resonable price?
Yes. A case of Dasani 24 pk bottled water was $5.99 at the Hess station across from DTD last August.

I had access to a car. I could never lug a case of water around. Maybe bring a few reusable grocery bags to help?

Disney Vacations: 17 - Disney Cruise: 1
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: