Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #916
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiorox View Post
For those who run? Can you run all the way around hourglass lake?
Yes, you can run around the entire lake. It's a nice path. Especially good for an early morning run; other times of the day you may run into walkers and smokers (there are DSAs along the path). I believe it is about 2 km around the lake.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #917
tinkerbell2528
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIMom View Post

We are here right now, they are not selling the new rfid mugs, they are still selling the blue, pink and black mugs.

It doesn't even look like the machines have been updated to the rapid fill system, they do not look new and I did not see the display that will display when your next refill is available.

In magic band news, make sure that you know what your pin number is before using it to make any purchases or use it for your dining plan. I was told that you are suppose to set it up when you do on line check in. Since I did on line check in well before I was notified of the magic band testing I did not set up my pin number. If you did not set up a pin number, you will be able to to do so when you check in.
Thank you for the info. We were able to get our magic bands the same week we booked our stay. We have already booked our FP+ also. So far all was easy to set up but let's just hope everything runs smooth when we arrive next Friday. 😃

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Our Family
Me:DH: DD(11) DS:RIP(4) Sparky
WDW 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #918
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIMom View Post
We are here right now, they are not selling the new rfid mugs, they are still selling the blue, pink and black mugs.

It doesn't even look like the machines have been updated to the rapid fill system, they do not look new and I did not see the display that will display when your next refill is available.

In magic band news, make sure that you know what your pin number is before using it to make any purchases or use it for your dining plan. I was told that you are suppose to set it up when you do on line check in. Since I did on line check in well before I was notified of the magic band testing I did not set up my pin number. If you did not set up a pin number, you will be able to to do so when you check in.
How strange! POP was the first to get the new machines, but they had not been activated. Are you saying they are no longer there???
Old 08-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #919
cheermouse
Earning My Ears

Pop experience

I was at Pop this weekend. The new beverage machines are in, but not activated. They are still selling the black, aqua and pink cups. I was asked in an e-mail prior to going to particiapate in the bands and I declined, becuase I wasn't sure about our park plans. When we arrive we received the bands anyway. It looked like everyone was getting them. We used them to access the room and to pay for food. They were very easy to use and no issues. I was told you keep the same bands for about 2/12 years. I guess because we did not choose before we left we all got grey ones.

I have stayed at Pop 5 times and can say this was my worse stay. I did on-line check in and requested 50's section, when we got our room it was in the 70's section. I said to the person checking us in, that I requested the 50's, she said "you did?" Wasn't aware of my request. Also, I hate, hate the new menues at the food court. They took off all the favorites. Also, in the afternoon, they had 1 person in the one food section and waited over 20 minutes without moving, I ended up switiching to another area. That also moved very slow. I have never experieinced such slow unresponsive service at a disney hotel. For these reasons, I will probably avoided Pop in the future.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:43 PM   #920
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
I don't think anything is confirmed for tests passed 9/28. Stay tuned!

ETA: Here is a thread on the theme parks board discussing October

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3159218
I can confirm that POR guests are included in the October test. I got an email today inviting my September Pop and October POR clients to participate.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #921
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

I hope things go better, when we arrive shortly. Maybe it's busier, because of the food court at Sports being down. Also, I'm reading about a lot of resort changers to try out the magic bands. My DD and I decided not to do online check in, because of our room requests. We thought the online check in requests, might override the ones we made on the phone. The new menu looked good to us. I will miss the Mom's TV dinner and the old way the tie dye cheesecake was served, but the sloppy joe sounded good. Also, the fried ice cream. In addition, I can go to AoA for additional food options. I have plenty of pink, black, and turquoise mugs. I just want a purple mug. I already have orange and green ones from a previous POP stay. If POP doesn't have them, I will go else where to find one. After all, I can legally use it at any resort.
6/83 offsite, 6/05 POP, 6/06 POP, 8/07 POR, 8/08 CSR/POFQ, 3/09 ASMu PHM, 8/09 ASMu Free DDP, 8/10 POR/ASMu Free DDP, 8/11 POP Free QSDP, 7/12 POR, 9/12 ASMu TOT10Miler, 11/12 POR/ASSp, 8/13 ASSp/POFQ, 9/13 POP, 8/14 CSR, Hoping 2/2015 POFQ/POR GSC

Old 08-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #922
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
I can confirm that POR guests are included in the October test. I got an email today inviting my September Pop and October POR clients to participate.
Do you think they'll extend the invite (or is it a quiet rollout?) to Pop for October?
Old 08-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #923
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
Do you think they'll extend the invite (or is it a quiet rollout?) to Pop for October?
I don't know. I can only guess. My guess would be yes.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #924
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
I don't know. I can only guess. My guess would be yes.
It almost seems like they just keep adding more to the testing, so I'm hoping Pop will be included again in October. Of course, nobody really knows yet...my guess, even Disney isn't completely sure yet!
Old 08-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #925
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

We are back from a great trip at Pop. We had 2 connecting rooms in the 50's building facing the lake. We found this to be a great spot & very quiet. Our mousekeeper was very good. The beds were comfy enough but the pillows were like rocks. (lol) We ate dinner twice at the foodcourt & there were good choice for everyone. We had some issues with our magicbands that had to be corrected a few times but after that they worked fine. Any questions, let me know.
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
Old 08-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #926
gfawcetti
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommykds View Post
We are back from a great trip at Pop. We had 2 connecting rooms in the 50's building facing the lake. We found this to be a great spot & very quiet. Our mousekeeper was very good. The beds were comfy enough but the pillows were like rocks. (lol) We ate dinner twice at the foodcourt & there were good choice for everyone. We had some issues with our magicbands that had to be corrected a few times but after that they worked fine. Any questions, let me know.
Did you have a fridge?? We check in on Sunday
Old 08-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #927
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfawcetti View Post
Did you have a fridge?? We check in on Sunday
No fridge..there were large boxes outside our room one morning & I was sure it was a fridge but it was new pillows (the rock like kind). I thought we'd miss the fridge but we really didn't.
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
Old 08-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #928
gfawcetti
Earning My Ears

We check in on Sunday maybe I'm just a rebel, but what would stop one from just plugging in one of the unplugged fridges?? I know they are being replaced because they are supposedly a fire hazard, but how many years were they used with no issues at all? There are thousands of these fridges in the resorts & only one incident...

I'm just curious... Please don't accuse me of trying to burn down Disney

G
Old 08-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #929
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfawcetti View Post
We check in on Sunday maybe I'm just a rebel, but what would stop one from just plugging in one of the unplugged fridges?? I know they are being replaced because they are supposedly a fire hazard, but how many years were they used with no issues at all? There are thousands of these fridges in the resorts & only one incident...

I'm just curious... Please don't accuse me of trying to burn down Disney

G
Ha ha ha! I was secretly going to do the same thing. I think mousekeeping might unplug it though.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #930
mrsmickeyandson
Earning My Ears

So I'll be at WDW in 2 weeks, obviously, we aren't guaranteed a fridge, so trying to come prepared with some of the horizon milk containers...is this what others are doing? Or do you think buying cartons here and there for my toddler will be feasible? He drinks it maybe 5 times a day..
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: