Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #841
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpiStitch View Post
This might seem like an odd question, but my friend and I will be checking into Pop on September 16. We're so excited to stay there for the first time, but neither of us have done online checkin before. It asks for a credit card and I think we were each hoping to have our KTTW linked to our own card. Is that even possible?

I also have the option to select FP+ but there are no MBs showing. Is this because I didn't checkin yet?

Thanks in advance! Only 28 more days!
I haven't done online check in, but was able to place an order for magic bands.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #842
Haley
DIS Veteran

Please tell me it will be ok! lol

I have AKL booked for the first week of December but we've run into some unexpected bills so we are switching to Pop to save like $700.

We've stayed there a couple times before and liked it but of course I have a client who stayed there and complained about bugs and catching the flu from the room , etc. so it's making me nervous.

I love the deluxe resorts but don't want to have to cancel - someone tell me it will still be ok!!
Disney Trips: Ft Wilderness '83, Ft. Wilderness '91, ASM July'96, Boardwalk/DCL Magic July '98, CBR/DCL Wonder '00, DCL Magic '03, CBR July '04, CBR May '05, AKL Oct '05, Poly Dec '06, DCL Wonder '06, Beach Club May '07, DCL Wonder '07, Pop/AKL Oct '08 Engaged, Ft. Wild. May 09, Poly Oct 09 Honeymoon!, DCL Magic Nov '09, Pop Oct '10, AoA/BCV Oct '12, Pop Century Dec '13!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #843
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
This might seem like an odd question, but my friend and I will be checking into Pop on September 16. We're so excited to stay there for the first time, but neither of us have done online checkin before. It asks for a credit card and I think we were each hoping to have our KTTW linked to our own card. Is that even possible?:confused3

I also have the option to select FP+ but there are no MBs showing. Is this because I didn't checkin yet?

With respect to your question bolded above, yes, you can have different credit cards attached to the different individuals in the room. If that is what you want to do, I suggest that not doing on-line check-in might be the way to go. If you need to explain something at check-in, I do regular check-in. If there isn't anything unique and everything can be covered through on-line check-in, then there is no reason to not use it.

I would add that you'll want to check your room charges occasionally during your stay. We once traveled with my sister's family and there was a mix-up that needed to be fixed. This was at a cabin at FW. My sister's charges kept appearing as charges on my credit card even though we had set it up properly at the beginning. Others have reported similar issues at other resorts. So, just a word to the wise . . .

Old 08-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #844
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haley View Post
Please tell me it will be ok! lol

I have AKL booked for the first week of December but we've run into some unexpected bills so we are switching to Pop to save like $700.

We've stayed there a couple times before and liked it but of course I have a client who stayed there and complained about bugs and catching the flu from the room , etc. so it's making me nervous.

I love the deluxe resorts but don't want to have to cancel - someone tell me it will still be ok!!
As long as you recognize that Pop is a value resort, so you'll get value amenities, you'll be fine. I love deluxe resorts, too, and book them when I can. But, I also love Pop Century and find that it is a terrific resort for the cost. Housekeeping has always been good, the transportation is great, and it is a fun atmosphere. Since you've stayed at Pop before, I think I'd trust your own experience instead of your client's. It's too bad that s/he had a poor experience, but there are a lot of variables that go into any experience.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:50 PM   #845
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpiStitch
This might seem like an odd question, but my friend and I will be checking into Pop on September 16. We're so excited to stay there for the first time, but neither of us have done online checkin before. It asks for a credit card and I think we were each hoping to have our KTTW linked to our own card. Is that even possible?

I think you can use the credit card of whoever is Lead Guest for online check-in, then when you arrive explain that you want different cards on each kttw
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
Old 08-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #846
linmarinelli
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I didn't add my credit card during online checkin...I just didn't feel comfortable doing so. I did it during checkin at the resort, only took a few minutes and I had to pick a pin. My boyfriend wanted to link his debit card to his band, and they took his info and he also had to pick a pin, but all the room charges were paid by MY credit card! (The room reservation was in my name), I don't know why, but because he had his own pin everything he charged had his name next to it so he just gave me the cash to apply to my credit card. They made it seem like they were linking our individual bands to our own credit cards, but it didn't.

Last edited by linmarinelli; 08-19-2013 at 01:54 PM. Reason: mistakes
Old 08-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #847
linmarinelli
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
I think you can use the credit card of whoever is Lead Guest for online check-in, then when you arrive explain that you want different cards on each kttw
That didn't work for us, I don't know what happened, but everything was charged to my card even though they took all my boyfriends card info and gave him his own pin. On the printout though, everything he bought with his band and pin had his name next to it. So Im not sure that you CAN use different cards on each KTTW
Old 08-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #848
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi

As long as you recognize that Pop is a value resort, so you'll get value amenities, you'll be fine. I love deluxe resorts, too, and book them when I can. But, I also love Pop Century and find that it is a terrific resort for the cost. Housekeeping has always been good, the transportation is great, and it is a fun atmosphere. Since you've stayed at Pop before, I think I'd trust your own experience instead of your client's. It's too bad that s/he had a poor experience, but there are a lot of variables that go into any experience.
AGREE with Sandi's post 100%!!! I have stayed at POP dozens of times (38 nights this yr alone!) And my only experience w/ bugs was w/ the Lovebugs in May (5-10). They were rather bad at times, more by the Hippy Dippy pool but didn't notice them nearly as much in the 50's section by my room??!! LOL. That was my ONLY experience w/ bugs in 38 days! I wouldn't worry. And as Sandi said, you have stayed there...rely on your own past experiences! Enjoy!! POP is super fun!!
Old 08-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #849
GonnaWreckit
"Flick? Flick who?"

Bed Bugs

i have seen posts on touring plans chat that some people recently at ASM had bed bugs, has there been any reports of bed bugs at POP recently?
Old 08-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #850
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

HOME We were in room 4463. Clean room, nice view! Lots of issues with the front desk and they owe me $323.50 still for money they took out of my account...they said it should be credited back to my account by end of the week. Not holding my breath...

Old 08-19-2013, 06:45 PM   #851
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by linmarinelli

That didn't work for us, I don't know what happened, but everything was charged to my card even though they took all my boyfriends card info and gave him his own pin. On the printout though, everything he bought with his band and pin had his name next to it. So Im not sure that you CAN use different cards on each KTTW
I know when I was at POFQ last year with my parents, they both had their joint credit card on their KTTW while I had mine on my card, and everything I bought showed up on the room statement on my card (my dad was Lead Guest). As far as I know, I was only the one who did room charging though so we didn't have any way to compare if things would've gotten messed up. I think you're SUPPOSED to be able to have separate cards on each KTTW, but quite a few people wind up having problems with it
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
Old 08-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #852
sjhanksaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota! View Post
HOME We were in room 4463. Clean room, nice view! Lots of issues with the front desk and they owe me $323.50 still for money they took out of my account...they said it should be credited back to my account by end of the week. Not holding my breath...
Did you have a working fridge?
Old 08-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #853
Eureka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post

We are in a preferred room today (just checked in) 60's section, first floor, no working fridge....but close to ice machine!
We are probably upstairs from you! Checked in today, 60s section, 4th floor, no working fridge and close to the ice machine!
Old 08-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #854
AuroraRora
Princess

Did any of you three lucky Pop-goers get the $15/night credit?
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
Old 08-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #855
kastoney
Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post

If you've already done your online check in, go into MDE and modify it. You don't have to change anything, just go through the screens again.

Then check the magic bands tab, it should allow you to personalize them. Then go to FP+ tab and make your selections.
Thanks for the tip. I was able to edit my previous online check in and as i did the magic band option came up.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: