Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 06:08 AM   #796
IlovePumbaa
Mouseketeer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Congrats! Sounds awesome! Be sure to get a picture in front of the Tree of Life with all of the generations together. We had a 4 generation pic on our first trip with the kids, and it is one of my favorite photos from all of our trips. Have a wonderful time!
That is such an awesome idea. We will be 3 generations for our first ever visit. Will def have to do this.

Thanks smitch425

Old 08-17-2013, 06:24 AM   #797
IlovePumbaa
Mouseketeer

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonoMoose View Post
30 Days until we are "supposed" to check into Pop for our vacation do over. This past march we got hit with the Norovirus which ruined our entire vacation, 2 weeks ago my mil got diagnosed with metastatic lung cancer & we found out on Sunday she has days to weeks of life left...So Sad... Praying she goes in peace & that it's not while we're down there or right before we go
How terribly sad for you all. Much love and prayers to you.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2013, 07:51 AM   #798
GastonTheGreat
Earning My Ears

Why arent there fridges in the rooms? I thought that it was standard that they had them now?
Old 08-17-2013, 07:56 AM   #799
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by GastonTheGreat
Why arent there fridges in the rooms? I thought that it was standard that they had them now?
They have been disconnected because there had been a fire caused by a fridge in a room at DL so all those same models are a hazard. They have ordered new fridges and will replace the faulty ones but Disney estimated it might take until October to get them all replaced.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:57 AM   #800
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Are people that are there now still getting the $15 credit for not having a fridge? I'd rather the fridge but if it's not yet replaced I would gladly take the credit.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #801
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post
Are people that are there now still getting the $15 credit for not having a fridge? I'd rather the fridge but if it's not yet replaced I would gladly take the credit.
I believe you still get the credit, but only if you ask about it.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #802
GoofyMB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba77 View Post

I believe you still get the credit, but only if you ask about it.
Is it $15 per night? I could use that and order a mini fridge to be delivered from Walmart
Old 08-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #803
DonoMoose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGS View Post
Thank you so much. I will do it. I'll be there in Oct. I' m so excited!!!😀
Yes def call the reservation line for your requests

9/13(POP) 3/13(AKL) 3/09(Pop) 3/07 (ASM)
9/06(Pop) 04(OP)

ME DH DS11 DS2 DD8
Old 08-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #804
krystal276
Earning My Ears

We will be arriving Sept 13 and were able to customize our Magic Bands as of yesterday! I'm pretty excited about testing out the new technology.

The only thing that I didn't like - once I clicked customize on each one, it automatically processed my order. I couldn't come back and make changes and there was no place to "finalize". I was doing the last one and I thought I would go back and change the color of one of them, but it automatically finished my order off after and I couldn't go back and make changes. So make sure your happy with your color choices as soon as you choose them.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #805
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystal276
We will be arriving Sept 13 and were able to customize our Magic Bands as of yesterday! I'm pretty excited about testing out the new technology.

The only thing that I didn't like - once I clicked customize on each one, it automatically processed my order. I couldn't come back and make changes and there was no place to "finalize". I was doing the last one and I thought I would go back and change the color of one of them, but it automatically finished my order off after and I couldn't go back and make changes. So make sure your happy with your color choices as soon as you choose them.

After I finished there was an option to go back and make changes. I finalized it and then before they were delivered I had the option that said change on the side.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #806
sjhanksaz
Mouseketeer

I hope the new fridges are in by October!!!!
Old 08-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #807
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

Now that we switched from Music to Pop (can't wait to try it for the first time), I really hope we'll get to test Magic Bands. We're not really into planning a lot for our trips so I'd like to see how we can make the most out of that new technology without over planning!

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
Old 08-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #808
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stackyallred View Post
Hello, all! I am wondering if the consensus is a positive one regarding the request of a fridge for medical needs? Do there seem to be enough fridges for the demand?

I know lots of people are anxious on news about fridges and we are no different. I am traveling with a party of 4 and 3 of us have multiple food allergies, mine being pretty severe. If I don't order/bring certain foods (many that need to be kept cold) I will struggle to get enough calories at breakfasts and for snacks. I know I can use a cooler and will if necessary but it is an added frustration when you plan to be out and about most of the day. I hate to be worried that my food might spoil if I don't make it back to get more ice in time, especially with reports that the ice machines are frequently running out of ice. I would have considered booking differently if I had known our fridges were in jeopardy but of course this was an unforeseen circumstance and I know it can't be helped. We have added that we need a fridge for medical needs to our reservation. I know no one can give me a definite answer either way but I am just wondering how likely it is that it will be fulfilled.

Thanks!
I would ask for a medical fridge, but if you do not get one - there has been plenty of ice to be had these last 8 days...
Old 08-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #809
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stackyallred
Hello, all! I am wondering if the consensus is a positive one regarding the request of a fridge for medical needs? Do there seem to be enough fridges for the demand?

I know lots of people are anxious on news about fridges and we are no different. I am traveling with a party of 4 and 3 of us have multiple food allergies, mine being pretty severe. If I don't order/bring certain foods (many that need to be kept cold) I will struggle to get enough calories at breakfasts and for snacks. I know I can use a cooler and will if necessary but it is an added frustration when you plan to be out and about most of the day. I hate to be worried that my food might spoil if I don't make it back to get more ice in time, especially with reports that the ice machines are frequently running out of ice. I would have considered booking differently if I had known our fridges were in jeopardy but of course this was an unforeseen circumstance and I know it can't be helped. We have added that we need a fridge for medical needs to our reservation. I know no one can give me a definite answer either way but I am just wondering how likely it is that it will be fulfilled.

Thanks!
If they are out of medical fridges while you are there then they will keep your food in the back fridge at Everything POP food court. It will be a pain to have to have a CM get what you need from theback each meal, but it's an option they have offered in the past, before fridges were standard in the rooms.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 08-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #810
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

We're driving down for our late September vacation. We're now thinking of bringing DH's truck so we can bring a mini-fridge we have to use in the room. We have planned all along to drive my car as it get's much better gas mileage. I wonder how the lack of a fridge is being handled at the deluxe and moderate resorts. I also wonder if they will get replacements before the values.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: