Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 05:09 AM   #721
Tinker_Belle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205 View Post

Is the 50's section the first to be done? We are staying preferred and I am hoping our room has already been done.
We're here now. I don't know how accurate this is. According to the woman I spoke to at the front desk, the only refrigerators they have are for medical needs. I brought a collapsible cooler, but they are now out of ice. Bell services is now holding onto our milk, yogurt, etc. until we check out. (We are doing a split stay at the Beach Club, and I was told that they replaced all the refrigerators there already.)

They did replace the pillows yesterday (in the 60's), and the boxes looked like they could've held small refrigerators. What a disappointment!
Old 08-15-2013, 05:57 AM   #722
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Belle View Post

We're here now. I don't know how accurate this is. According to the woman I spoke to at the front desk, the only refrigerators they have are for medical needs. I brought a collapsible cooler, but they are now out of ice. Bell services is now holding onto our milk, yogurt, etc. until we check out. (We are doing a split stay at the Beach Club, and I was told that they replaced all the refrigerators there already.)

They did replace the pillows yesterday (in the 60's), and the boxes looked like they could've held small refrigerators. What a disappointment!
I may ask for that $15 credit if we have a problem getting ice. I just want it to keep some waters cold, but it does prevent us from buying milk for cereal, thus forcing us to spend more in the food court. What a stinker.

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2013, 07:13 AM   #723
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnismine View Post
Weird question I know but does anyone know the size of the room windows at POP? I'm starting to pull together all my spooktacular window decor for our room and it would be very helpful to know how wide and long the windows are so I can bring enough festive light strands and dodad's

Thanks for any info you wonderful folks can provide
I found this If anyone is interested the window dimensions are:
37 3/4" X 59"

here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1589927

Old 08-15-2013, 07:32 AM   #724
CarpeLiberum
Where are we going, and what's with the handbasket?

I'm checking in the 21st- was able to do the FP+ stuff, but no magic bands...very confused!
Old 08-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #725
kastoney
Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeLiberum View Post
I'm checking in the 21st- was able to do the FP+ stuff, but no magic bands...very confused!
Ditto here for our trip that starts the 25th. Got all excited about Fp+ then the notion hit me that all it is doing is forcing me into a schedule and removing more flexibility from what is supposed to be vacation. I already hate that ADRs make me decide where to be 6 months in advance now this could lock you into not only parks but specific ride times. Think I'm gonna pass on FP+ in favor of going where the wind takes me : )

WDW 78, 86, 89, 90, 94, 97, 99, 01, 10, 13, 14
Disneyland 86, 89 & 07 (Honeymoon)
Next up the big 4-0 Birthday Trip with WL/BW Split Stay 12-21 Sep
Old 08-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #726
marymaya
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastoney

Ditto here for our trip that starts the 25th. Got all excited about Fp+ then the notion hit me that all it is doing is forcing me into a schedule and removing more flexibility from what is supposed to be vacation. I already hate that ADRs make me decide where to be 6 months in advance now this could lock you into not only parks but specific ride times. Think I'm gonna pass on FP+ in favor of going where the wind takes me : )
I agree! What if something unexpected comes up? Or someone has to go to the bathroom? Extreme planning isn't for everyone!
Old 08-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #727
elphie101
Left my heart in Tomorrowland

Question: is the coffee in Everything Pop still Nescafe? I know Joffrey's is making it's way in (if it hasn't already) and I'm just trying to decide if I'll be getting my coffee at the parks or in the morning!

DF Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: "That's not supposed to be HERE!" A Disneyland TR!***Our DFTW Planning Journal
Old 08-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #728
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastoney View Post
Totally agree with you on that one! I mean, we like to plan a few things but that a bit too much...

Question : we are trying POP for the first time in a couple for months (always stayed at All Stars). How long of a walk is it from POP to AoA Food Court?

Thanks in advance!

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
Old 08-15-2013, 08:36 AM   #729
soccercruiser87

Teen Board Moderator

Crime Scene: Do Not Cross
I Live For CSI:

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsebsirois View Post
Totally agree with you on that one! I mean, we like to plan a few things but that a bit too much...

Question : we are trying POP for the first time in a couple for months (always stayed at All Stars). How long of a walk is it from POP to AoA Food Court?

Thanks in advance!
Not far at all, just walk across the bridge over to AoA, you'll go past the Finding Nemo pool and then be at the AoA food court.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #730
WishingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stindall View Post

I'm there the 8th-14th and was able to make selections for every day (and did except for arrival because I'll be in round 7 and heading to EMH at MK). I think it's available to everyone through at least the 14th at pop?
I was able to make FP+ choices but was unable to do anything with magic bands. We check in on September 17!
2013 - Pop Century, MNSSHP
Me DH DD15 DD4
Old 08-15-2013, 08:42 AM   #731
WishingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsebsirois View Post

Thanks in advance!
I did book FP+ for the rides we really wanted but were not willing to stand in line for (with a 3yo in tow). So hopefully it will work out for the better for us. I guess the thing is, if I don't get to ride something it's not the end of the world! In any event, we'll figure it out

Hopefully we can customize magic bands though? As of right now I am not able to.
2013 - Pop Century, MNSSHP
Me DH DD15 DD4
Old 08-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #732
soccercruiser87

Teen Board Moderator

Crime Scene: Do Not Cross
I Live For CSI:

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphie101 View Post
Question: is the coffee in Everything Pop still Nescafe? I know Joffrey's is making it's way in (if it hasn't already) and I'm just trying to decide if I'll be getting my coffee at the parks or in the morning!
From the last time I was at POP, a couple weeks ago, they still had Nescafe.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:56 AM   #733
RJP77
Earning My Ears

Any idea on timing to get to the parks from POP

I'd like to be at rope drop for each park at least 30 minutes before the rope drop. I'll be driving to each park. Any thoughts on how far in advance of my desired arrival time I should leave from POP for each park. My biggest concerns is MK where I will have to drive and then TTC, so I'm not sure how long that will delay me, but I'm curious about each of AK, EP and HS also.

Thanks
Old 08-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #734
bluezy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiorox View Post
Hey Gang! Heading back to POP in Septemeber. Best friend, her kids and I. Neither of us can sleep with the kids and the idea of duct taping them to the bed was not received well. So we need a solution...Can a Queen airmatress fit somewheres? If not, I'm thinking of just buying a twin.
Having stayed at Pop a few times, I can't imagine a queen-sized air mattress in the room. I know if you move the table and chairs to the other end of the room, a twin (possibly a double -- though it might be tight) will fit in that space.

If there's a concern about kids falling out of beds, they do have bed rails available. We just asked for them when we checked in and they were usually in the room by the time we walked up there.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #735
ArielRae
1042 mi from WDW

So what is the update on the RFID soda machines? Are they turned on yet or are they still giving the usual refills?
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2006
Pop Century - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009(Pregnant), 2013(Solo)
Fort Wilderness - 2012(Tent Camping), 2013(DS's 1st Trip), 2013
Disney's Wonder - 2006
Disney's Dream - 2011
Disney's Fantasy - 2012(Thanksgiving Cruise)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: