Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 05:36 AM   #691
dlrp
Earning My Ears

Checking in on the 5th Sept, and the Magic Band customise option has appeared in my online account .

Green for me!
Old 08-14-2013, 06:04 AM   #692
kastoney
Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm

Just did our online check in for 9/25. So excited as it will be our daughters first trip. I requested 70s section and lake view hoping to be away from the pools for some quiet but still close to transportation (also bringing my parents who are moving a little slower these days). Thoughts on the requests? I'm a little concerned we may end up in the back of the 80s with the lake view. Having stayed there before IMO it's a bit of a hike to the busses and food court. Ok with 60s or 50s though.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2013, 08:44 AM   #693
shannon006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrp View Post
Checking in on the 5th Sept, and the Magic Band customise option has appeared in my online account .

Green for me!
When it shows up, where exactly is it? Under my reservations?
Old 08-14-2013, 09:05 AM   #694
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlpbupu View Post
My local Walmart still has them. .88 in the camping dept.

65 more days until our first stay at Pop! I'm so freaking excited!!!
We're right behind you! 66 days We are also planning on getting ours at walmart like we did last time. The cheap disposables are nice as we ride splash or Kali etc..get it wet..then just throw it in the trash! And we have another ready to go when needed. They are so small they are easy to carry.

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
Old 08-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #695
dlrp
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon006 View Post
When it shows up, where exactly is it? Under my reservations?
In the My Disney Experience Account, on the default page after logging in.

The top side of the screen under "Here's where to start" had the option to customise Magic Bands.

Magic Bands also show up on the Magic Bands & Cards option on my account.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #696
keekfemom
Earning My Ears

The last time I went to disney I was 19, my parents planned everything, and we stayed off site. Now I'm 32 with a husband and 2 kids. This is OUR 1st time going, and my parents are coming too. All the planning is on me. We have 2 standard rooms booked at POP and I see so many people requesting certain buildings/views. Is this something I should be worried about doing? Also, if we get there too early to check in will there be a place to leave our luggage so it's not strapped to the top of our car outside? Thanks!
Old 08-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #697
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keekfemom View Post
The last time I went to disney I was 19, my parents planned everything, and we stayed off site. Now I'm 32 with a husband and 2 kids. This is OUR 1st time going, and my parents are coming too. All the planning is on me. We have 2 standard rooms booked at POP and I see so many people requesting certain buildings/views. Is this something I should be worried about doing? Also, if we get there too early to check in will there be a place to leave our luggage so it's not strapped to the top of our car outside? Thanks!
You can leave your bags with luggage assistance if you'd like. Otherwise, I think I'd just move them from the roof of your car to the interior and lock the car. You won't really be arriving too early for "check in" unless you're arriving before 6:00 a.m. You can always check in, but they might not have rooms ready for you. In our several times staying at Pop, we've gotten rooms as early as 10:00. YMMV.

With regard to selecting a certain room or view, I always like getting a lake view room because, to me, they are quieter. I also like to have a ground floor room. Otherwise, I'm not picky about the decade we're assigned to. A lot of people are concerned about distance to the food court and busses. I find the resort to be very walkable and, barring physical limitations of any in your party, I wouldn't worry about that. From the furthest building, we were able to walk to Classic Hall within about 5 minutes.

Enjoy your trip!

Old 08-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #698
sjhanksaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrp View Post
In the My Disney Experience Account, on the default page after logging in.

The top side of the screen under "Here's where to start" had the option to customise Magic Bands.

Magic Bands also show up on the Magic Bands & Cards option on my account.
On My Disney Exp account page I see a "Manage MagicBands" option. When I click on it it just says I may need to link it to my reservation. When I tried to link it to my reservation it said it already was.

Does this mean I have them but just can't customize them yet?
Old 08-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #699
sjhanksaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
On My Disney Exp account page I see a "Manage MagicBands" option. When I click on it it just says I may need to link it to my reservation. When I tried to link it to my reservation it said it already was.

Does this mean I have them but just can't customize them yet?
This is actually what is says when you click on the Manage MagicBands link

Don't See All Your MagicBands and Cards?Unless you have an order currently in process, you may still need to link them to your account
Old 08-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #700
Flynnismine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu

We're right behind you! 66 days We are also planning on getting ours at walmart like we did last time. The cheap disposables are nice as we ride splash or Kali etc..get it wet..then just throw it in the trash! And we have another ready to go when needed. They are so small they are easy to carry.
We will be there at the same time. Myself,DH, and DD(4) arrive in 66 days also. It's our first stay at Pop and if I could do a backflip I would...I'm THAT excited, LOL. I've started getting all our halloween decor ready so our window and door at POP will be festive and spooktacular :-)

Old 08-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #701
keekfemom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post

You can leave your bags with luggage assistance if you'd like. Otherwise, I think I'd just move them from the roof of your car to the interior and lock the car. You won't really be arriving too early for "check in" unless you're arriving before 6:00 a.m. You can always check in, but they might not have rooms ready for you. In our several times staying at Pop, we've gotten rooms as early as 10:00. YMMV.

With regard to selecting a certain room or view, I always like getting a lake view room because, to me, they are quieter. I also like to have a ground floor room. Otherwise, I'm not picky about the decade we're assigned to. A lot of people are concerned about distance to the food court and busses. I find the resort to be very walkable and, barring physical limitations of any in your party, I wouldn't worry about that. From the furthest building, we were able to walk to Classic Hall within about 5 minutes.

Enjoy your trip!
Thank you so much for answering my questions! I'm sure I will have more in the next 2 months
Old 08-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #702
Mom of Jack 2009
Earning My Ears

Fast Pass + for Illuminations?

I just got my Fastpass + option today too. Yay! I'm arriving September 4th. When I went to setup my Fastpass + I didn't see an option for Illuminations but on the Disney website it shows it's an option. Has anyone had any luck with it?
Old 08-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #703
Kislaklan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom of Jack 2009 View Post
I just got my Fastpass + option today too. Yay! I'm arriving September 4th. When I went to setup my Fastpass + I didn't see an option for Illuminations but on the Disney website it shows it's an option. Has anyone had any luck with it?
The parades and firework shows only seem available as a fast pass plus option on the weekends. Well at least that's what is showing on mine.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #704
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

At Pop now - have been since Sunday. We were upgraded to a preferred room...4th floor in 60's over looking Hippy Dippy. I will probably be flamed but - I enjoy the 80's/90's much more than the 60's. They seemed closer from the bus stops. Staff has been - mixed. Front desk - fabulous. Dining and store - surly and downright rude.

Food has been good - had 1 breakfast and 1 dinner at Pop so far. Heading for dinner in a bit again.

Room is spotless. Beds very comfy. Weather perfect for us - hot, sticky, sunny. Nice storms this afternoon.

We will probably be taking a good couple years off of WDW - the people and the CM's we have encountered have just soured us. Foul, rude, etc. And the amount of things that are now sliding in the parks that never would have before - makes me shake my head. there was trash everywhere in MK today. It just makes me sad to see the Disney "model" of customer service and cleanliness be reduced to - Six Flags type. Ick.

Hoping things feel a bit more magical these last 5 days....
Old 08-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #705
KELLY
DIS Veteran

I'm on the tail end. Just 2 1/2 more sleeps. I say 2 1/2 because we have to leave our house at 330 am Saturday. My parents are there now and my niece is finding magic bands at the bottom of the pool and has been returning them to the lifeguards. LOL

Also there was a huge screw up with my niece's band she had a 5 day but my parents upgraded to a 10 day no expiry one and when they went to enter today found out she only had 4 days left. It took a act of congress to get it fixed. They had to call someone one in management to get it fixed.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: