Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 07:25 AM   #361
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit_Jude View Post
Feeling down tonight, work stress and uncertain about having a job in the near future. We will be at Pop in 51 days and I get to see my Sister from England. It's keeping me going tonight, that and reading everyone's plans for their vacations.
Don't stress over it, especially if there are things that are out of your hands. Stay strong and things will work out in the long run - don't they always?
Old 08-02-2013, 07:31 AM   #362
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

For those that are wondering what the Illuminations view looks like. 2012, 50's Tramp building (too lazy to go look up the number!). This was the 3rd floor I think. AoA shouldn't block this at all, they were working, but AoA is actually to the left and wouldn't obstruct the view. It was nice to see at night, I could actually see it from the bed with the door open. (but as others have said, it's just a little perk, you can only see the high ones and it does not replace actually seeing it in person)

the daytime view (you can see the Little Mermaid section of AoA to the left)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2013, 07:31 AM   #363
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba77 View Post

Don't stress over it, especially if there are things that are out of your hands. Stay strong and things will work out in the long run - don't they always?
When I was in high school my mom (single parent) got laid off a week before we went to Disney. I have to say that was the greatest summer of my life. We didn't get a lot of souvineers or eat at the best restaurants but the experience was GREAT. We shared QS meals, came up with games to play when waiting in line, stayed up all night together.

In the end it worked out. It will for you too. Have a blast!
DS6

First Family Trip: December 2013

Already planning for 2015!
Old 08-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #364
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalFashionista
Pretty excited after all the drama of Disney's free dining fiasco. We upgraded our room to a preferred and upgraded the dining plan from quick service to regular and still saved $$.

My TA and parents kept tying to convince us to move to CSR for the bigger beds but I couldn't do it. I think the kids will enjoy the theming much better, no guarantee that we will us the pool in Dec, and the bus seems so much better at Pop. Super happy with my choice.
Great deal. I agree we like Pop, we consider going back to a moderate, but we always revert back to Pop. We love it's compact size, theming and bus service.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:58 AM   #365
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalFashionista

When I was in high school my mom (single parent) got laid off a week before we went to Disney. I have to say that was the greatest summer of my life. We didn't get a lot of souvineers or eat at the best restaurants but the experience was GREAT. We shared QS meals, came up with games to play when waiting in line, stayed up all night together.

Thanks. What a great memory.

We have the finances in line for the vacation, so we can have a good time. Just can't plan too much beyond that.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:05 AM   #366
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba77

Yes things are out of my hands, well apart from trying to get into something new. However, I really like my job and boss. The cuts keep coming though. Just makes it unsettling waiting to see if the cuts will effect us. Got to me yesterday. Thanks Simba77.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:49 AM   #367
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman96 View Post
Anybody grab pics (or have link) to photos of the current Everything Pop menu. Have seen lots of discussion - but would love to have an actual look at the menu before my trip NEXT MONTH!!! (Just a little excited :-)
Hi! My DD and I just flew in today i was planning on getting material for the thread including the menu signs, and will post them

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #368
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

Hi! My DD and I just flew in today i was planning on getting material for the thread including the menu signs, and will post them
That's wonderful, thanks for taking the time to do that and enjoy your trip.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only);
Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
Old 08-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #369
Janet B
DIS Veteran

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22girls56 View Post
Switched our AoA reservations to POP today and got FD for Nov. 16-22nd!!! Excited to be back at POP!
Yay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba77 View Post

Sound advise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalFashionista View Post

Seems like your family knew what was important .. Sharing good times together and making those wonderful memories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit_Jude View Post

Yes things are out of my hands, well apart from trying to get into something new. However, I really like my job and boss. The cuts keep coming though. Just makes it unsettling waiting to see if the cuts will effect us. Got to me yesterday. Thanks Simba77.
I hear you ... My company has certainly gone thru tough times and in June had another round of layoffs .. It was so sad seeing friends lose their jobs.. It has doubled the workload for many if us .. It was support staff that was hit. Hang in there, do your best and leave the job behind when you leave the office.

Just think, pop will be here before you know it!!

TY Kook!
Old 08-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #370
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post

That's wonderful, thanks for taking the time to do that and enjoy your trip.
No problem! On my ME now, dropping off our carry ons and heading to MK!!

TY Kook!
Old 08-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #371
faithsmth
Mouseketeer

We saved $1037 with FD yesterday and switched to Pop from the AOA resort. I see the Pop pictures and get so excited about going. Pop looks awesome. This will be our first stay at Pop. The best part is that we get to bring our 4 year old to Disney for the first time. What a magical place. Life is great!!

Me DH DD

Old 08-02-2013, 09:51 AM   #372
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithsmth View Post
We saved $1037 with FD yesterday and switched to Pop from the AOA resort. I see the Pop pictures and get so excited about going. Pop looks awesome. This will be our first stay at Pop. The best part is that we get to bring our 4 year old to Disney for the first time. What a magical place. Life is great!!
Your family will have a wonderful time at POP. It is such a great place. My DD will not allow us to stay anywhere else. Also you can still walk over to AOA to look at the resort and eat, you just won't be able to swim there.

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only);
Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
Old 08-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #373
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

I am really not sure how this happened but yesterday I was between CBR and POP since that was the only options left... I booked CBR and my dad wanted to pay my deposit for my birthday since it is in October.. This morning I went to get on and my email showed two reservations... My dad said when he got on- POP was the one who showed up and that is what he paid for b/c he thought that was the one I wanted and sure enough, it is under My reservations and doesn't even show my CBR reservation... how did this happen?? do you think I should just stay there???

If so, what to request? My dad ended up contributing $500.00 for my birthday and the kids' Christmas so I only owe about $550.00 ( not too bad for a Disney trip) ( if I don't upgrade FD) help! what should I do?

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Old 08-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #374
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B

I'm sorry Janet! I had ones from Bfast & Lunch but couldn't ever seem to catch dinner as we had a ressie every evening! Then by the time we got back, the dinner menus were cleared and they had the join us for Bfast message up on the board.
I totally forgot to send you the Bfast & Lunch pics...you should've reminded me!!!
Old 08-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #375
Nixie
DIS Veteran

We just booked 2 rooms at the Pop Century for Nov 9th - 16th. We are doing a 2 night room only stay and then the rest of the time with free dining. I made the ressies on my iPhone because are camping. Lol. That is 4 different ressies booked on an iPhone. I hope my kids appreciated what I so for them lol. This will be our second stay at Pop and I can't wait to go back! We had such a magical time there the first time!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: