Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #346
Kimberly1969
Earning My Ears

Hello Disney Friends,
We changed our resort to POP today, or well my Magical Journeys TA is on hold as I am typing this...haha..so hopefully everything through ok.
Hope everyone is having a good evening.

Off site 1995
Double Tree 1998
Caribbean Beach Resort 2008
POP Century Oct. 2013
...Kimberly..
Old 08-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #347
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

We're officially switched to Pop! Feelin' groovy
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #348
canoeingmonkey
Earning My Ears

Could someone explain the whole fridge reimbursement thing?
Old 08-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #349
DaniMoon
Mouseketeer

Just switched to POP to take advantage of FD in October. My DD6 has a mini meltdown about not being in a LM room at AoA, but after showing her the fun pictures at POP she perked up and I told her we could go visit AoA.

2 months tomorrow!!

Had the most magical vacation ever with the two little munchkins in October 2013. Planning our next trip for Aug/Sep 2015.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #350
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

Down

Feeling down tonight, work stress and uncertain about having a job in the near future. We will be at Pop in 51 days and I get to see my Sister from England. It's keeping me going tonight, that and reading everyone's plans for their vacations.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #351
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShiftMomOf5 View Post
Hi, I am a total newbie to the World. We have gone many times to DLR, but are bringing our bunch to Disney World for their first time. I am so amazed how much different everything is just for planning!!
I was able to get 2 rooms at Pop for the end of Oct, and had read on another thread that some rooms have a view of the fireworks. Our kids range in age from 3-16, so I would love if the big kids could see the fireworks even if the littles are tired. Can anyone clue me in as to the best rooms for this view?? We have standard reservations.

Thank you soo much!!

from some rooms (top floor 50's section, mostly bldg 2) you can see the tops of the fireworks, far off. it definitely is NOT a replacement for seeing the show at the park.. just something to look for, if you think of it, if you are at the resort anyway. sorry to disapoint you, but you don't want the kids to miss out, thinking you will actually see the fireworks show from the resort.

the best place to see Illumination (epcot) from outside the park is the bridge between boardwalk and beach club. pretty nice if you aren't using a park ticket that night, but in no way a good substitute.

second for this is from the bar area next to the main pool at Carribean Beach resort.

for wishes, you can see them from the Ply beach, or from the boat dock area outside gasparilla Grill at GF.

but don't expect seeing the tops of the fireworks from pop to be a substitute for the real thing. you don't want to miss either Wishes (MK) or Illuminations (epcot).
Old 08-01-2013, 11:48 PM   #352
Mom22girls56
Mouseketeer

Switched our AoA reservations to POP today and got FD for Nov. 16-22nd!!! Excited to be back at POP!

Madison (8) Avery (6) Emma (1)

October 2003 Port Orleans
Riverside

January 2010 Pop Century
Old 08-02-2013, 12:19 AM   #353
EmpressBubbles
Proud Duck Smuggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenkt View Post
Is it possible to request a "lake view" room through My Experience on the website? I don't see it anywhere.
Yes, it is. When you do online check-in you will see a spot for it.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:50 AM   #354
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShiftMomOf5 View Post
Hi, I am a total newbie to the World. We have gone many times to DLR, but are bringing our bunch to Disney World for their first time. I am so amazed how much different everything is just for planning!!
I was able to get 2 rooms at Pop for the end of Oct, and had read on another thread that some rooms have a view of the fireworks. Our kids range in age from 3-16, so I would love if the big kids could see the fireworks even if the littles are tired. Can anyone clue me in as to the best rooms for this view?? We have standard reservations.

Thank you soo much!!
I've seen the fireworks from POP (actually it's Illuminations @ Epcot that you can see; the "big" fireworks show is at Magic Kingdom which actually can also be seen from POP, but those are REALLY far away). It's kind of neat, and definitely a magical touch (Illuminations is every night at 9PM), but it's a bit far away. It's definitely not like @ DLR and seeing the MK fireworks from a DL hotel, for example. The thing about WDW is it's so much more spread out. Everything tends to be far away from most everything else. Also Illuminations doesn't rely on fireworks as much as the MK Wishes show does.

Here's a video I found showing the view of it from POP, this might give you a sense of what you could expect: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouEOhkF6arc
Here's another with Wishes @ MK and Illuminations @ Epcot going on at the same time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUw7t9N50dE

Now, if you do want to get a room that you'll be able to see the fireworks from, just request Illuminations view and have them add that to your reservation. It's really no disadvantage in terms of walking distance from the buses and food court (which is another thing you might be interested in requesting, since you'll be additionally surprised by how far the walks are from some rooms to the buses
Old 08-02-2013, 07:47 AM   #355
laceyinwonderland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit_Jude
Feeling down tonight, work stress and uncertain about having a job in the near future. We will be at Pop in 51 days and I get to see my Sister from England. It's keeping me going tonight, that and reading everyone's plans for their vacations.
Sending hugs!!! Hope the job front gets better soon!
Dec 2011 POP
Nov 2013 AOA/POP

June 2014 offsite/AKV Happy Bday to ME!
Sept 2014 POFQ
Old 08-02-2013, 07:48 AM   #356
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba77 View Post

I've seen the fireworks from POP (actually it's Illuminations @ Epcot that you can see; the "big" fireworks show is at Magic Kingdom which actually can also be seen from POP, but those are REALLY far away). It's kind of neat, and definitely a magical touch (Illuminations is every night at 9PM), but it's a bit far away. It's definitely not like @ DLR and seeing the MK fireworks from a DL hotel, for example. The thing about WDW is it's so much more spread out. Everything tends to be far away from most everything else. Also Illuminations doesn't rely on fireworks as much as the MK Wishes show does.

Here's a video I found showing the view of it from POP, this might give you a sense of what you could expect: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouEOhkF6arc
Here's another with Wishes @ MK and Illuminations @ Epcot going on at the same time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUw7t9N50dE

Now, if you do want to get a room that you'll be able to see the fireworks from, just request Illuminations view and have them add that to your reservation. It's really no disadvantage in terms of walking distance from the buses and food court (which is another thing you might be interested in requesting, since you'll be additionally surprised by how far the walks are from some rooms to the buses
I've never actually checked out either illuminations or wishes from POP so I looked at both these videos. To me I would rather just watch them at the park. Illuminations you could just see the higher ones & yes you could see Wishes a lot better but still not that great. However if you have little ones that need to go to bed then they would work to get in a bit of fireworks.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-17 DH-34 ME-37

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only);
Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
Old 08-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #357
chanda7
Earning My Ears

2 years ago, we watched the fireworks from inside our hotel room every night at POP. We were in 50s, top floor of building 3, and we were more than pleased with the view of both MK and Epcot. We could see the top of Spaceship Earth in the day. You hear Epcot's explode and echo across the lake, especially the finale. We're hoping for the same view this November, so much that we changed dates to keep POP. I'm hoping AoA isn't blocking MK now :/.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:09 AM   #358
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer

Pretty excited after all the drama of Disney's free dining fiasco. We upgraded our room to a preferred and upgraded the dining plan from quick service to regular and still saved $$.

My TA and parents kept tying to convince us to move to CSR for the bigger beds but I couldn't do it. I think the kids will enjoy the theming much better, no guarantee that we will us the pool in Dec, and the bus seems so much better at Pop. Super happy with my choice.
DS6

First Family Trip: December 2013

Already planning for 2015!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:14 AM   #359
redman96
Just Keep Swimming

Anybody grab pics (or have link) to photos of the current Everything Pop menu. Have seen lots of discussion - but would love to have an actual look at the menu before my trip NEXT MONTH!!! (Just a little excited :-)
Old 08-02-2013, 08:19 AM   #360
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canoeingmonkey View Post
Could someone explain the whole fridge reimbursement thing?
If you get one of the fridges that have an issue, go to the front desk and ask them if you can get the room credit for the non working fridge. You can also ask if they have a fridge available. They will then ask you if its for medical needs (Say no) and then they should give you the room credit - $15/night.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: