Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 01:21 AM   #316
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovePumbaa
Hey there all, we will be at POP from Dec 12 - 19. Mum will have an ECV. We will be catching the bus from POP to all the parks, will she be able to have the ECV on the bus? How does that work. We are full on newbies to WDW. This will be our first ever visit from Aus.

Thanks

At the bus stops there will be a 'special' area for her to wait on her ECV so that she can load onto the bus first while it is empty (on the way TO the park) she will load thru the back door and the bus drivers are really pretty good about helping guests with the procedure so no need to fret. You will also be allowed to board at that time with your mother (up to 5 add'l people + mom for a total of six if needed...less is always fine). When leaving the parks, I generally ask what the procedure is because it seems to change REGULARLY as far as whether they want ECVS to queue up or not!!! The only one I have found to be consisient is MK and they want ECVs to queue up. The other parks tend not to have ECVs queue up, but every once in awhile they do... so I never seem to know which way it's going to go! LOL! But it's pretty easy to manage! Good Luck & Enjoy!!!
Old 08-01-2013, 02:32 AM   #317
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovePumbaa View Post
Thanks Simba. from Pumbaa. lol

Register to remove

Old 08-01-2013, 05:33 AM   #318
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
I was thinking that this might end up being a problem w/ all these non working fridges and people bringing coolers and needing to fill them with ice over and over......this should prove to be interesting!!!

Had no problem at the ice machine we used. We filled our cooler every morning and evening and there was always ice. I saw quite a few people doing the same thing.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 08-01-2013, 05:47 AM   #319
Cloudless Nights
DIS Veteran

Just 5 days til our first Pop visit!
** August 2010 - Caribbean Beach ** January 2011 - Caribbean Beach
** August 2011 - All-Star Sports ** August 2012 - Caribbean Beach
** January 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ** May 2013 - All-Star Music **August 2013 - Pop Century
** August 2014 - Boardwalk Villas/AKL Kidani - Savannah View!
Old 08-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #320
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

I want to thank all the POP experts who said some standard rooms are just as good as the preferred rooms. We are in the 70's building and Classic Hall is about a minute and a half away. I saved some money!!

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
Old 08-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #321
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OThopeful35 View Post
I want to thank all the POP experts who said some standard rooms are just as good as the preferred rooms. We are in the 70's building and Classic Hall is about a minute and a half away. I saved some money!!
That's great to hear! I just switched our Oct. trip to Pop this morning for free dining. We've never stayed there and I as a bit hesitant to switch from a Preferred at the All Stars to a Standard at Pop, but I also didn't want to invest another $100+ (because the original package was bought before the price increase so now I must pay that difference, too). And I've heard so many great things about Pop that I really wanted to try it out this time.

Are all the rooms in 70's a short walk, in your opinion?

Have a great trip!

Old 08-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #322
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenkt View Post
Any thoughts on Pop v. Music?

We were set to book Sports until I found out about the dining issues. So it will either be Music or Pop for us.

Pop will cost only $65 more, which is fine, but I feel like it's $65 for nothing. The food is supposedly marginally better at Pop? The rooms are identical (theming doesn't matter to us). Is it really worth $65 for dedicated bus service and slightly better food options?

My only concern with Music is, it will be a mad house since the guests that usually stay at Sports will now stay at Movies or Music (end of October).
This is exactly why we switched from ASMu to ASMo (food court concerns), then from ASMo to Pop this morning for FD. Originally I wanted a quieter resort but with the madness of the food courts and ASMo not offering FD, I figure Pop is the lesser evil of the two and then we can stroll over to AOA and check it out.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #323
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
Are all the rooms in 70's a short walk, in your opinion?
I have no way of knowing what you consider a short walk but yes, it's a short walk to me.

Quote:
This is exactly why we switched from ASMu to ASMo (food court concerns), then from ASMo to Pop this morning for FD. Originally I wanted a quieter resort but with the madness of the food courts and ASMo not offering FD, I figure Pop is the lesser evil of the two and then we can stroll over to AOA and check it out.
If you want to see madness at a food court go to Everything Pop between 7:30am and 9:00am.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #324
disney_girl125
Mouseketeer

Are they selling the new refillable rfid mugs yet? Or is it still the same old ones?
Old 08-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #325
ChrisParker
Mouseketeer

Has anyone recently requested a fridge and got one without medical reasons?

I have been trying to get through to add the request to my reservation but apparently so is everyone else.

Follow us to the Fantasy Pre-Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099534
Old 08-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #326
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
If you want to see madness at a food court go to Everything Pop between 7:30am and 9:00am.
No way!! We're a rope drop family who eats a quick breakfast in the room to save time & money. And 7:30am we're either at EMH or at the bus stop waiting to board. But thanks for the heads up!

Old 08-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #327
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisParker View Post

I have been trying to get through to add the request to my reservation but apparently so is everyone else.
Everyone else is trying to get through for free dining and the room only fall discount. I would call back tomorrow about the fridge.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #328
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntigger View Post
Thinking about staying here on our trip aug 25 to 26. Anyone have words of wisdom I can use to get a king bed here?
As a previous poster said, all you can do is call to have a king bed room added to your request. If you aren't assigned a king bed room when you arrive, you can ask if any are available. But be aware the availability of these rooms is limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
As I've been reading speculation about Music and Movies food courts being potentially overrun by Sports guests, I think about how busy I've seen Everything Pop! during my second morning coffee run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_girl125 View Post
Are they selling the new refillable rfid mugs yet? Or is it still the same old ones?
I have not seen any reports of RFID mugs being sold at any resort yet. Definitely reports of the machines being installed but used with the current mugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisParker View Post

If you're calling today, the lines may be busy with new free dining and room discount promotions released today. You may want to wait until tomorrow or later to try.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
Old 08-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #329
rhenkt
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Same here, we ended up booking Pop for our free dining trip. I think Pop food court will be crowded as well, but we've never stayed at Pop so thought might as well give a try (even though I'm still not convinced the extra cost over Music is for anything of value). I guess it's nicer being by the lake and being able to walk to Art of Animation is cool.

Is it possible to request a "lake view" room through My Experience on the website? I don't see it anywhere.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #330
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

What times does the food court open in the morning and close in the evening in October?

Was wondering how early we could get breakfast etc.... And how late to eat something coming back from parks...

Oh, and does the food court have to be "open" to refill your mug or is that always available?

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: